Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cabinessence

Sedins Fading?

104 posts in this topic

gary valk just backed me up " its plain to see burrows makes that line go"

sedins are way better with burrows burrows dosent just sit infront of the net waiting to get set up for a tap in like kassian. watching sedins with kassian reminds me more less of the anson carter days where the sedins are stuck in the corner to do all the work for carter to get the glory first few shifts back with burrows the play mkaing was way better and front of the net was open for sedins to cycle to the front aswell as burrows and it created more chances.

They'll hit their stride OP, chill man

They started to look better once Burrows was back on their line. Hopefully that can get them going again.

1000 posts before you can make topics please? All in favour?

OP raises a valid discussion topic, and you morons attack him because they just made one play?

Well they both assisted on Tanev's game winner against the Oilers tonight so they still got it.

This not just a thread to dump on the twins, but they are unlike other "stars". The Sedins took years to develop and seemed to hit a peak. I am sure they are still great players, but I see a similar decline in their games to that of Markus Naslund.

Look at how Naslund took years to get going before peaking and declining from there. I recall the media constantly pondering why Naslund was in a such a slump and not (that I heard) suggesting that he was on the downside of his career.

I am not saying this is by far the case, but Vancouver has had a history of having players develop here into very good players and then fade out because the team believed they would keep it going. Some other names that could be considered are Tony Tanti, Todd Bertuzzi, Petri Skriko...

Their up against every other teams top line every night, night in night out.. what do you expect?

Just having a slow start like some of the other players in the league, they played good tonight and set up Tanev for the OT winner.

sedins are way better with burrows burrows dosent just sit infront of the net waiting to get set up for a tap in like kassian. watching sedins with kassian reminds me more less of the anson carter days where the sedins are stuck in the corner to do all the work for carter to get the glory first few shifts back with burrows the play mkaing was way better and front of the net was open for sedins to cycle to the front aswell as burrows and it created more chances.

They started to come along in the game.

They have never had any type of serious injury (knock on wood)and they are in great physical shape

I think they put too much pressure on them selves when the other lines are struggling.

Kassian was great, but does not have the same chemistry with the twins as burrows.

The reality is people do decline with age. It's the natural state of the world. But the Sedin's are still pro-performers. People get in slumps. Big deal, doesn't mean we put them out to pasture...

Yeah, still too early in the season for that talk. If it's April and they are still like this, then maybe there's a problem. I sincerely believe that they have several years left in the tank, so don't you worry!