The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4th line suggestions

zejono

To be ready for playoffs we should try to get some high energy guys for the 4th line.

Volpatti is fine on the 4th line. I don't know about Weise and Malhotra. They seem to be really invisible.

A guy like Zac Rinaldo would be nice. Such a high energy player and total beast in fights.

what do you think?

Obviously not 4th line material, but am I the only one who'd love to see Kass - Lappy - Burrows on a line? Could be our 3rd line next year if Jensen gets put with the twins and another top 6 forward comes over from a goalie trade.

Man, that would be one frustrating line to play against.

If anyone from Philly was to be dealt here, I would def. target Max Talbot.

Rinaldo's role is already played quite well by Volpatti who gets in there and hits guys. On the other hand, Talbot's defensively responsible while being clutch in the playoffs. If Holmgren blinks for one sec I wouldn't hesitate to swap out Manny and acquire another Max for the 4th line.

Really want to see Pinnizzotto called up, right now our 4th liners have been playing very well though.

It is pretty much going to be a round about on the 4th line, cause when we get our full roster one of Higgins, Hansen, or Raymond will have to move down (likely Higgins IMO)

Lets just say the Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen line stays intact.

That would leave these 6 guys: Higgins, Manny, Lappy, Volpatti, Weise, Pinnizzotto. All fighting for 3 spots.

Well once Booth and Kes are back then there will be a player shunted down:

Sedin - Sedin - Burr

Booth - Kes - Kass

Hansen -Lapierre - Mayray/Higgins

Malhotra centring 2 of Higgins/Weise/Volpatti/Pinizzotto

OR

Sedin - Sedin - Burr

Booth - Kes - Kass

Hansen - Schroeder - Mayray

Malhotra - Lapierre - Higgins

Malhotra, despite not being as good as before, is important. He is amongst the best in the nhl in faceoffs winning 66.7% (4th of those who've taken more than 20). That cannot be underestimated, he takes 90% defensive draws so our goaltenders know they can freeze the puck and have a good chance of us getting the puck and clearing the zone. A very big part of out PK IMO.

Edit: stats on the NHL were wrong

I liked what I saw of Pinizotto last year, but I think our 4th line has been working well for us early in the season so far. I actually wouldn't change it if possible (not sure what centerman is going to stay when Kesler is back...). Both Weise and Volpatti have had some good 4th line shifts for us, and our 4th line has actually chipped in a couple of times.

Archived