87 replies to this topic

#61 kylecanuck

kylecanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

That's whining and complaining. You are spoiled for coming to a forum ( a place to sound off on your opinion) and expressing an unpopular view. Remember the old days when it was worse? Since it is better now, you aren't allowed to hope for it to get even better. Be content with the status quo or go support another team, whiner.
Oh . . . uh, and, bandwagoner.

So only the opinions that fit into your way of thinking must be the one that aren't whining right? I don't like AV, that's a statement not a complaint by the way...

you're saying the Canucks have peaked and are on the decline? I know they are at the best they've ever been for the last few seasons but I still hope for more. Here's to hopeing I don't need to read another reply from you

The children, wont someone please think of the children!!!

#62 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

probably scared soft little cody half to death
poor little fella

"Poor ,scared and soft little Cody" is now twenty fifth in NHL scoring.
"Poor,scared and soft little Cody" has scored more goals than all of Vancouver's center men-combined.
Hard to believe he went from "scared,soft,poor,little Cody,scared half to death" to be a top 20 contender in the NHL in the 40 NHL games since he has been gone from Vancouver.
He is surrounded by and in the company of Toews,Perry,Malkin and Perry in the scoring race.
This team could use all the scoring help it could get and yet hatred and childish antics seem to take precedence over what can be seen as a puzzling hockey decision.

Edited by nuck nit, 08 March 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#63 manudibango

manudibango

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Well, every old story is new for a baby .But just one think: The Vancouver Canucks never,ever will be a Stanley Cup Champion if Allen Vigneault seed in the bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#64 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

"Poor,scared and soft little Cody" has scored more goals than all of Vancouver's center men-combined.
Hard to believe he went from "scared,soft,poor,little Cody,scared half to death" to be a top 20 contender in the NHL in the 40 NHL games since he has been gone from Vancouver.
He is surrounded by and in the company of Toews,Perry,Malkin and Perry in the scoring race.
This team could use all the scoring help it could get and yet hatred and childish antics seem to take precedence over what can be seen as a puzzling hockey decision.

Vanek just told me to tell you, you're welcome.
Posted Image

#65 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

So only the opinions that fit into your way of thinking must be the one that aren't whining right? I don't like AV, that's a statement not a complaint by the way...

you're saying the Canucks have peaked and are on the decline? I know they are at the best they've ever been for the last few seasons but I still hope for more. Here's to hopeing I don't need to read another reply from you

Not at all, sir. I am making fun of those people.
I am on your side.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#66 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thats a pretty good rookie initiation.

#67 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Awww..isn't that cute.

That also happens to be some 20 years ago. In 9 seasons as an NHL coach, he's missed the playoffs 3 times. Gotten to the 2nd round 4 times, Lost once in the first, and Lost the Finals once.

It also seems he can't adapt his strategies mid-game, and sticks with his game plan right or wrong.
For a guy who is supposed to be a defensive style coach, on paper we've got one of the strongest, deepest defense we've ever had, and the teams defense seems worse.

I realise he can't play the game, his players do. I think if we're not successful in the playoffs, I'm pretty sure Gillis will start looking elsewhere for answers.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#68 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Just finished Sanderson;s book,, Crossing the Line"...played against him in junior but never made the book LOL

Opened it at the bookstore to a random page and the first word my eyes fell on was... that's right "cocaine". Looks like a sobering read...

#69 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Vanek just told me to tell you, you're welcome.

Good try, but Vanek (and Pominville) has already gone on record as commending Hodgson, claiming the kid is a great fit for their line and part of why Vanek is doing so well. The Buffalo coaching staff and the number themselves (ie: Hodgson & Vanek, who only play together at even strength, tied for 19 even strength points, far ahead of Pominville's 11 es pts, Hodgson with a nice balance of 10 goals-11 assists, etc.) agree.

So yeah, good try, but your implication that Vanek is responsible for Hodgson's production is about as credible a theory as suggesting Hodgson is merely riding Vanek's coattails - while Vanek is sitting on the bench and watching the kid steal pucks in the neutral zone and going solo through the other team for a short-handed goal...

#70 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

hey, I heard his fanclub is hiring!
Also let us know when you get that cody forever tattoo!
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#71 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Awww..isn't that cute.

That also happens to be some 20 years ago. In 9 seasons as an NHL coach, he's missed the playoffs 3 times. Gotten to the 2nd round 4 times, Lost once in the first, and Lost the Finals once.

It also seems he can't adapt his strategies mid-game, and sticks with his game plan right or wrong.
For a guy who is supposed to be a defensive style coach, on paper we've got one of the strongest, deepest defense we've ever had, and the teams defense seems worse.

I realise he can't play the game, his players do. I think if we're not successful in the playoffs, I'm pretty sure Gillis will start looking elsewhere for answers.

Agreed.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#72 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

kk that was junior ... this is todays world and todays world av and his gang lost to the last place team the bluejackets....i believe that he was a good coach and i believe this team was good enough... after the cup run i don't believe where good enough now... i think that because our experience helps us scores goals on d may carry us from game to game and get some points ... like i sad before we miss erhoff......
Posted Image

#73 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Good try, but Vanek (and Pominville) has already gone on record as commending Hodgson, claiming the kid is a great fit for their line and part of why Vanek is doing so well. The Buffalo coaching staff and the number themselves (ie: Hodgson & Vanek, who only play together at even strength, tied for 19 even strength points, far ahead of Pominville's 11 es pts, Hodgson with a nice balance of 10 goals-11 assists, etc.) agree.

So yeah, good try, but your implication that Vanek is responsible for Hodgson's production is about as credible a theory as suggesting Hodgson is merely riding Vanek's coattails - while Vanek is sitting on the bench and watching the kid steal pucks in the neutral zone and going solo through the other team for a short-handed goal...

that's why his plus minus is so terrific hey? playing with a top what, 3,4 scorer in the NHL and he's a (-)...easy to float and get points there champ

#74 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

Not us, just bandwagon fans who have no idea what it takes to actually play this game.

Eddie would fire him.

#75 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

I think one has to only look at cory schnieders after hours last year with his impersonations. AV on GAME DAY (most important day) doesnt usually say much, if anything at all, and when he does its the cliche "ok boys big 2 pts on the line, you know what to do, stick to the system". I look at a coach to coach, but to also motivate and lead the players. Two things av is seriously bad at. He may be able to think and strategize the game at a very high level, but he doesn't get the guys excited to put on their work boots. The locker is so stale, we definitely need a change.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#76 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

AV is a good coach. But sometimes change is needed. One problem with the Canucks that they have become very predictable playing the AV system. Another issue is that most of the players have already learned everything they can from AV and AV has no new way to motivate the players. Everything he says and does they have seen and heard before. He is a successful coach, but changing at this stage would not be crazy.

Seems to have been a good idea in Anaheim.
Posted Image

#77 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,428 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Holy crap AV supporters are really getting desperate for reasons we should keep him.

#78 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,428 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

And you guys want this guy fired?

Yes

#79 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

that's why his plus minus is so terrific hey? playing with a top what, 3,4 scorer in the NHL and he's a (-)...easy to float and get points there champ

LOL. I'd take Hodgson's -2 over Pominville's -3, Ennis' -5, Stafford's -7, Folingo's -7, ,Keslers -4, Kassian's -4, etc. Heck, Vanek for all he's a "top 3, 4 scorer" is only a +4 himself.

The kid, like the whole of his team, hasn't had a great defensive start to the game, but with 2 more short-handed points than any Canuck (1 an ace set-up for Pominville, the 2nd coming from his own take-away in the neutral zone before undressing the rest of the team) only the disgruntled sheep with blinders on would shrug off Hodgson's successes as being those of a "floater" :rolleyes:

#80 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

fire av
Posted Image

#81 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

As far as AV needing to be fired to jump start the team, I dont think that would make much difference. If you watch how much line juggling he is doing it shows me he is trying all possiblities with the team MG has given him. So I put the lack of team unity and overall play on Mg. We have enough talent to have 3 full, strong scoring lines but only one of them seem to have consistant chemistry.

#82 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,394 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Seems to have been a good idea in Anaheim.

and Washington...wait.

If AV gets replaced that's fine. He's a good coach and sometimes change is a good thing as long as he's replaced with a good coach. There's a few out there at the moment. Unfortunately most of the complaints people have about AV exemplify the best coach on the market right now.) This argument though that "it worked for these guys" is silly though because it also hasn't worked for other teams.

What if...we're the Washington and suck after we fire him?

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 09 March 2013 - 08:44 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

AV literally threw the rookies under the bus...

Lol

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#84 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,999 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

You do realize Cody Hodgson would not have been in the same situation in Vancouver, would not be in a position to play a more offensive role in Vancouver right ?

Who cares where Hodgson is in the overall scoring race ? what does that have to do with Vancouver ? Nothing, again he would not be in the same position in Vancouver to succeed offensively like he is in Buffalo currently.

There was nothing puzzling about the Hodgson trade, he was not going to get icetime in Vancouver to play like he is now in Buffalo. Simple. Kassian in the same way won't be a big producer unless given or earning a more offensive role. While he played with the Sedin's there was no second thought about the deal and many were climbing on board saying how effective a player Kassian is lol.
Posted Image

#85 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,999 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Holy crap AV supporters are really getting desperate for reasons we should keep him.

There's nothing desparate about his resume. As it stands right now there is not a better coach, argaubly a comparable coach in Ruff and that's about it out there.

It's the GM's job to look into upgrading the team on a daily basis. Does firing AV at this point give the team a better chance to compete with the other teams fighting for the Playoffs and to make some noise in the Playoffs ? I don't think Vancouver is at that point yet, but it is an option MG we all must hope is looking into.

I do not believe AV should be fired at this time, but MG would be smart to leave his options open and look at possible upgrades out there.
Posted Image

#86 captain_kirk1

captain_kirk1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

The only way this coach gets fired is if he loses the room.

This ^

By now AV is just running the system - its up to the players to make things happen.

There is onus on the coaching staff for making proper decisions however, but you can't control how people play entirely.

that being said, I think MG needs to make a little shake to give this team a gentle wake up.

#87 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

And you guys want this guy fired?

I think it's because the way he plays our prospects. A lot of people dont realize that GMMG has a lot of say in that stuff as well.

Germany-2014-World-Cup-Final-Champions-W

#88 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Even the best shepherd can lose his flock .. His success is undeniable .. but sometimes familiarity can breed contempt ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.