61 replies to this topic

#61 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

I notiice a big difference at Lions' games too. I sit in the end zone there and it's so loud by the fourth quarter or when the D is on the field in a close game. Crazy loud. It's quite a contrast and hard to adjust at a Canucks game...I almost feel embarrassed at times by the lack of support being shown to the guys out there on the ice. It's one thing to "watch" them, but how about cheering them on? No excuse for throwing people out who aren't clearly a threat in some way.

I enjoy Lions game too, the atmosphere can get great at those games. I will take Whitecaps over Lions simply because its more of an enjoyable atmosphere. I find way to many people get drunk and start swearing way to much at the Lions games and Whitecaps is more family orientated where people cheer and respect each other.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#62 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,583 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

For everyone trashing the individual security staff members: you do realize that they are probably more lenient than the management wants them to be, right? If the organization thinks a situation was dealt with heavy handedly they would be censured by their managers meaning they would be more lax next time. Think about it.

I think you're right on this and it's like anything - one or two bad apples who, when given a position of authority, can abuse that and apply it inappropriately. Not sure what went wrong with the Southsiders.

Event staff have to be proactive when alcohol is involved, as things do tend to escalate quickly - I get that part. And the idiots in the crowd who do fight, etc. pose a threat to everyone, so a wait and see approach is fairly ineffective, as it's then too late (by the time something does happen). But I think some are a little too quick on the draw and react without first determining if that threat exists with a quick assessment of things vs an immediate reaction. if people are clearly smiling and having a good time, throwing them out doesn't seem right. If someone has complained, it doesn't mean that they're in the right...people need to exercise a little leniency when they attend sporting events and, if they don't like noise or celebration, stay home and watch on TV. :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.