The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Roster Spot in Serious Jeopardy?

Go Go Canucks Go

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to get your take on the situation that could or may unfold within the next 3 weeks or so. That factor is the Nicklas Jensen Factor...

amazing video by CDC's very own DJ Kreuzberg, everyone give him a high five for the awesome video!

For those that post before actually reading the thread, ill make a easy summary

-Zack Kassian is playing poorly and inconsistent hockey

-Nicklas Jensen SEL season is over March 5th, rumor has it that his Junior team doesn't want him back so he can't play anywhere else

-Kassian is waiver exempt from getting picked off waivers, probably not beneficial to his development to get 4th line ice time and Volpatti fills that grinder/energy roll a lot better imo.

-Roster space is at max capacity so 1 player needs to be put on waivers to acquire another

I think the one and only position this affects would be Zack Kassian, As we all know and have seen, Kassian has been playing very inconsistent and somewhat poorly the last few weeks. He's had some benching's in the 3rd periods of games and has been a liable player defensively. The point is, he has a couple more weeks to play well or he may very well get sent down to the minors to make room for Nicklas Jensen.

I think what Jensen has done in Sweden has been nothing short of amazing, he's been playing against men and he's up to speed (game shape) to come in and not feel out of place. Quite frankly he has enormous offensive potential and skill that could compliment the team's current need.

Why he would help this team over Kassian?

-I think he has a much higher offensive ceiling and skill

-He is in the mold of a pure sniper/goal scorer which could help our PP big time

-We lack a pure goal scorer type player on this team and have been for ages.

What are your thoughts people?

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to get your take on the situation that could or may unfold within the next 3 weeks or so. That factor is the Nicklas Jensen Factor...

amazing video by CDC's very own DJ Kreuzberg, everyone give him a high five for the awesome video!

For those that post before actually reading the thread, ill make a easy summary

-Zack Kassian is playing poorly and inconsistent hockey

-Nicklas Jensen SEL season is over March 5th, rumor has it that his Junior team doesn't want him back so he can't play anywhere else

-Kassian is waiver exempt from getting picked off waivers, probably not beneficial to his development to get 4th line ice time and Volpatti fills that grinder/energy roll a lot better imo.

-Roster space is at max capacity so 1 player needs to be put on waivers to acquire another

I think the one and only position this affects would be Zack Kassian, As we all know and have seen, Kassian has been playing very inconsistent and somewhat poorly the last few weeks. He's had some benching's in the 3rd periods of games and has been a liable player defensively. The point is, he has a couple more weeks to play well or he may very well get sent down to the minors to make room for Nicklas Jensen.

I think what Jensen has done in Sweden has been nothing short of amazing, he's been playing against men and he's up to speed (game shape) to come in and not feel out of place. Quite frankly he has enormous offensive potential and skill that could compliment the team's current need.

Why he would help this team over Kassian?

-I think he has a much higher offensive ceiling and skill

-He is in the mold of a pure sniper/goal scorer which could help our PP big time

-We lack a pure goal scorer type player on this team and have been for ages.

What are your thoughts people?

Yeah, I don't think Jensen can play for us this year, but he'll be coming over next year to try and make the team.

I don't think Kassian spot is in jeopardy tho....he does so much for this team that even if Jensen proves he has more offense right outta the gate, Kassian will probably be put on the 3rd or 4th line where he'll still be effective IMO

Archived