The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot

-Vintage Canuck-

So Kesler was playing injured all this time, and none of the medial staff realized he has a broken foot?

I'm sorry but did the Canucks hire the worst medical doctors ever? A broken foot went undiagnosed for 5+ games? Great job guys. Really.

It makes me sick when I see Canuck homers who are so in love with their players that they wouldn't even consider trading them for younger talent. I understand you love Kesler, but to say you wouldn't trade Kesler for B.Schenn and Simmonds is just plain ignorant.

Trade Kesler.?.The stupidity on these boards is something else..Kesler plays a reckless style,and probably is playing injured most of the time.This injury just comes down to plain old bad luck..that is all.!.....I saw that shot he took off th foot in Dallas,he probably did not know it was broken till now.

What's next?...The team will try and get through this from within.I think it kind of puts Gillis in weak position if other Gm's think we're desperate for a center.Hopefully Schroeder can elevate his game again..he's dropped off in the last bit.

Right.. cause Schenn who has 17 points in 20 games, and already plays with as much heart as Kesler used to and is on his way to being better than him as well as Simmonds who has 15 points in 20 games and is locked up long term for under 4mil and also plays with tremendous heart would be a terrible trade. *sarcasm

It makes me sick when I see Canuck homers who are so in love with their players that they wouldn't even consider trading them for younger talent. I understand you love Kesler, but to say you wouldn't trade Kesler for B.Schenn and Simmonds is just plain ignorant.

Guest Gumballthechewy

If Manny ever plays again 1) I will have the utmost respect for Manny. Great person and 2) I will have 0 respect for MG. Shutting down a player as a roster move.

Right.. cause Schenn who has 17 points in 20 games, and already plays with as much heart as Kesler used to and is on his way to being better than him as well as Simmonds who has 15 points in 20 games and is locked up long term for under 4mil and also plays with tremendous heart would be a terrible trade. *sarcasm

I had an air cast for a very small break in my ankle. I wore that thing for 8 weeks and was not back to full strength on that foot until week 12 after physio. Now, I am no Kesler and I am sure he can bounce back faster but I would not expect him back until April.

Guess the people calling him a diver, etc. lately need to reassess that now. Obviously, he's a warrior who likely felt pain but played through it. So yeah, I guess a broken foot is reason enough to take a spill here and there.

God, what rotten luck. We really do need him in the line up and he's had his share of suffering lately. Best wishes, Kes...hoping for a speedy recovery.

Archived