474 replies to this topic

#211 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

honestly guys volpatti was good, but i think i rather have a guy with a bitt more skill down their, volpattis and weises are replacable. But it is the guys who have that special quality to them like a lapierre or hansen or torres who are not replacable.

#212 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Tom Sestito is on waivers. Would be nice if the Canucks picked him up. Looks like a good replacement for Volpatti.

#213 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

The frequency thing is mistaken also. Weise has 40 hits in 19 games, Volpatti 42 in 16.

Not a ton of difference in frequency there, especially considering Weise spent some of that time in the top 9 where his role was not simply "ground and pound"

]

Very true I knew Volpatti was ahead in hits but didn't realize it was that close. If you go by ice time/games played Volpatti has a slight edge but really not as significant as the Volpatti cheerleaders make it out to be.

Don't get me wrong I liked Volpatti and his game he's just not a player I'll lose any sleep over losing. Especially if Gillis can bring a big guy who can play as well as hit ie: Travis Moen etc...

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#214 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Bring back Torres!

Torres is like Doan .. he only fights in self defense .. next!!!

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#215 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Torres is like Doan .. he only fights in self defense .. next!!!

I agree no Torres, for the 2 or 3 games he'll win you he'll cost you 5-10 with bonehead hits and decisions.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#216 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Tom Sestito is on waivers. Would be nice if the Canucks picked him up. Looks like a good replacement for Volpatti.

I like his size.
Sig too big.

#217 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

How is my post "clueless"? If you're going to call somebody out at least make some sense. What's "clueless" about wanting a fighter and player you respect to win a fight against a fighter and player you don't respect? Because Weise is a Canuck and Volpatti isn't? Yeah that makes lots of sense. When somebody becomes a Canuck it doesn't make you obligated to fall in love with them.

Classless I can't take. Homers love to throw that word around.

^ Reason # 50135 that Canucks fans are claimed to be the "worst" in the league.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#218 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Why did they put on waiver with kes hurt this makes no sense!uggg MG why? :( seriously this move (unless we are making space for a trade makes no sense)

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#219 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

He's pretty much Volpatti except with some more size. Good fighter, physical on the forecheck, and he actually has enough skill to be a 4th liner. I would be happy with putting a claim on him.
Posted Image

#220 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Yep, a bit of a head case but has put up good numbers in the AHL and over a point a game in junior (42 goals in his last season). PLUS 2 goals in 7 games this year with the big club.

6'5 228 and a 605K cap hit (RFA at seasons end).

And of course, who could forget:

Edited by Rinaldo36, 28 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#221 mig

mig

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Why did they put on waiver with kes hurt this makes no sense!uggg MG why? :( seriously this move (unless we are making space for a trade makes no sense)

No worries, Canucks called up Ebbett...

Media Release: #Canucks recall Andrew Ebbett from the AHL Chicago Wolves.

#222 clynch

clynch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Very sorry to see hom go, happy he had the opportunity to stay in the NHL.

Would much rather have him over Wiese. Wiese may kill penalties over Volpaiit, but so do 6 or 7 others. Volpatti can hit and scrap with the best of them and isn't afraid to go outside hit weight calss.

Should have waived Wiese, put Kesler on the IR for a week to allow Pinozotto to pass thru for his conditioning stint or bounced Schroeder, who doesn't need waivers, down and back for Pinozotto.

#223 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Oh well then Ebett makes everything better! :(

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#224 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

He played for Doug MacLean who says "he can play". My bet is, Edmonton picks him up. They apparently wanted Volpatti.

#225 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

With 2 goals in just 7 games he definitely seems more offensive. The downside is his physical game, only 9 hit in 7 games and 2 fights (lost both). Plus, he's a LW.

Would still like to find someone with a better mix of grit and offense.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#226 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

He means GMGM, George McPhee, the Washington Capitals GM

Would that Not Be GMGMcP????
Posted Image
Email me

#227 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

He means GMGM, George McPhee, the Washington Capitals GM

Classic double post!

Edited by VicNuckleHead09, 28 February 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image
Email me

#228 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm becoming frustrated with GMMG. Why does he keep making asinine decisions and overvaluing players? Damn. Best of luck to Volpatti in DC.

A ton of people getting all upset about losing Volpatti, but it's Gillis who is overvaluing players? Comedy gold, Jerry.

#229 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

So much for being a harder team to play against. Not only do we lose an asset, but we become easier team to play against. A move like this does not inspire confidence in the gm. What do we have on the farm that has NHL speed and toughness? What is MG up to? I hope it's light at the end of the tunnel and not a train.

Volpatti's 7 minutes per game made us tough to play against? He was 15th in average ice time per game among all our forwards. 15th!!! The lowest of any forward to play for us this season. Wow, time to panic.

:frantic:
Posted Image

#230 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ya another great move by MG, one of our best 4th liners who actually was able to be an impact on the 4th line is now gone for nothing, but we keep Weise? Probably all because of AVs new love affair with Weise, I'm also sick of this coach making favorites out of plugs instead of making favorites out of actually talented players.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#231 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,757 posts

Wow, what the f*** were they thinking? I thought this team wanted to be tougher to play against, and we gave our main fighter away for nothing. Volpatti was a great 4th liner for us so far this year and that's how we repay him, great. They must have known he'd get claimed off waivers.

I guess we get to watch Dale "the dutch all star" Weise get punched in the face repeatedly and lose fights from now on. I think AV has a Rome-crush on Weise and thinks he's going to be some sort of genuine scorer or something, not a freaking chance. Volpatti could actually win fights.

So I guess now what is our 4th line? A terrible enforcer with 0 hands in Weise, Lapierre who has been under performing considering his skills, and I guess we're going to call up some unproven 4th liner who's been injured for 30 years?

The Canucks management lately has been a joke.

It's funny how some people don't get it.

Wiese fights too, you don't get any points for winning a fight. It doesn't really matter that Volpatti fought a little better it's that Wiese has way more upside and can play a more versatile role. Essentially he does every single thing Volpatti does and more.

You realize that losing or barely drawing 6 fights isn't as good as winning the majority of 4, right? And wow, 1 extra point. Clearly, Dale Weise is awesome...

You also realize that Wiese can play the PK, and he plays 2 minutes more per game, His one goal is also a game winner. Add to that he can move up the line-up if need be and the choice is obvious. This is really only Dale's second year in NHL. Volpatti has been on the wrong side of the door looking in for years.

Edited by Dogbyte, 28 February 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#232 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

What a dumb move. Volpatti is better than Weise.

No he's not. Wiese kills penalties. Volpatti doesn't. Wiese has a touch of offensive ability and upside. Volpatti doesn't. In fact, he can't even take or make a pass.

The only thing going for Volpatti was that he could hit and fight. That's the definition of a waiver wire guy.

#233 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

So you clearly don't watch games then. He hits fine just not as frequent as Volpatti occasionally does.

ya definitely I just visit these boards daily because I like reading your posts. You can check my activity in gdt if your that concerned that i don't watch games. I find when users like yourself begin to lose points in arguments, they result in accusing other of being 12 or not watching games.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#234 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

WE ARE DONE.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#235 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Losing him isn't the end of the world, but with the obvious interest out there we should have got something. I guess Pinnozotto (sp) is coming? Or is something in the works.

#236 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Ya another great move by MG, one of our best 4th liners who actually was able to be an impact on the 4th line is now gone for nothing, but we keep Weise? Probably all because of AVs new love affair with Weise, I'm also sick of this coach making favorites out of plugs instead of making favorites out of actually talented players.

What impact is this you speak of? doing ok in 2 fights, Volpatti was ok but he's really not worth freaking out over. Also LOL at AV "making favorites out of plugs" as you whine about a plug like Volpatti... Also lol at Volpatti being a talented player, he was ok at best...

RIP Luc Bourdon

#237 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Look there has got to be a reason for this, Gillis isn't stupid, he doesn't just drop players randomly. It makes no sense for Gillis to dump him after Kesler got injured again. I'm thinking a trade is impending.
Posted Image

#238 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

ya definitely I just visit these boards daily because I like reading your posts. You can check my activity in gdt if your that concerned that i don't watch games. I find when users like yourself begin to lose points in arguments, they result in accusing other of being 12 or not watching games.

As opposed to making up false facts about players? Honestly Weise and Volpatti's hits are identical you're blind if you think otherwise and Weise can actually complete and receive a pass and even score a GWG.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#239 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

As sad as I am to see Volpatti goes (guy throws cannon ball like hits ala Raffi Torres), I hope he gets ice time in WSH and if in the off season he is available the Canucks re-sign him. I doubt Volpatti holds any grudge.

With Waivers you take a chance and him being claimed is part of the buisness

Edited by SILLY GOOSE, 28 February 2013 - 01:58 PM.

0au3Jj.gif

#240 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I heard via the rumour mill that Aaron was demanding to be played more. And that his agent and father were also harassing MG. I have no evidence of this but Gillis hasn't denied it either so it must be true.

He didn't want to be here. No one liked him. He was a prima dona and had to go. His replacement Pinizzotto, even though he's only played like 16 games in the last two years and makes Salo look like Iron Man, will be waaaaaaaaay better at the same role. We don't need no whiners.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.