The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Patrick Kane's Off-Ice Behaviour a Blessing in Disguise?

2009-2010:

- Patrick Kane arrested for theft and assault on taxi driver

- Patrick Kane is caught with his shirt off in a limo in Vancouver

- Patrick Kane scores the stanley cup winning goal

- Patrick Kane wins a silver medal

2012-2013:

- Patrick Kane caught with many drunk photos on deadspin sh*tfaced at a Wisconsin frat party

- The Chicago Blackhawks are on a 20+ game win streak (no losses in regulation)

- Patrick Kane is in the top 10 in NHL scoring.

Maybe the wake-up calls make him play better

Kane is simply a talented douche.

It's funny, I remember that Mitchell hit on Toews wishing it was Kane.. Now I'm glad it wasn't Kane..

Toews has certainly showed his true colours as a crybaby/whiner/sore loser/winner..

Whereas Kane is a douche with tons of skill, but understandably so.. (somewhat)

I respect Kane more than Toews at this point.

It's funny, I remember that Mitchell hit on Toews wishing it was Kane.. Now I'm glad it wasn't Kane..

Toews has certainly showed his true colours as a crybaby/whiner/sore loser/winner..

Kane isn't that bad. The time he punched a cab driver is the only bad thing he is proven to have done. Yes, he likes to get crapfaced and party. Just like the majority of young men. It's not exactly professional or classy but it's pretty harmless (other than the cab thing). I would honestly love to party with Kane, and he has a tone of skill.

Toews is awesome too, guy is a great player, great leader, and a competitor. I would love to have him on our team.

More respect for Kane than Toews as a player? What's with all the hate (not this post) for Toews? He was loved playing for team Canada now he's a cry baby and sore loser? Kane may be one of the most dynamic offensive players in the league, but Toews is one of the top 3 players overall in the league. If the Blackhawks are either up by a goal or down by a goal late in the game Toews is the first choice to have out there. That's not to say anything bad about Kane, but Toews is the man!

More respect for Kane than Toews as a player? What's with all the hate (not this post) for Toews? He was loved playing for team Canada now he's a cry baby and sore loser? Kane may be one of the most dynamic offensive players in the league, but Toews is one of the top 3 players overall in the league. If the Blackhawks are either up by a goal or down by a goal late in the game Toews is the first choice to have out there. That's not to say anything bad about Kane, but Toews is the man!

He's captain of our biggest rival and you're on a Canucks board..you do the math. ;) Not to mention a couple media incidences and a goal with under two minutes to go in game seven during the 2011 playoffs. That all being said, I've got a lot of respect for Toews...the way its going so far this season, he's gunna be a shoe-in to hoist that silver cup once again(jinx intended ;) ).

Archived