The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 - Blue Jackets 2

lolwut?

I found AV coached a great game, We worked hard and just did not come away with the W. U guys need to be more patient, we are still in 3 in the conference, relax. Not to mention the fact that their is not 1 coach available who is better then AV

I love how CDC is just this swirling vortex of craziness that sucks me in from time to time. Then I look at the standings and I laugh at you guys. 3rd in the conference, 6th in the league. Gold.

As for our play, I highly doubt AV is the issue. CDC blaming AV is always transparent. It means we see lots of little things go wrong and can't put our finger on what's missing, so we attribute everything to bad coaching. Personally I see our guys and they look TIRED. Always a half-step behind, chasing the puck, losing a disproportionate amount of puck battles, can't fight their way into the slot (or defend their own).

I tend to believe that when an organization as well run as the Canucks say that huge travel times and time zone changes are a real issue, maybe they're not total idiots. And in a shortened season, I get how that is emphasized. Quality of play is going to decline, but it has across the league. I freely admit that we're not playing great, yet the standings say "Well, pretty much no one else is either". Welcome to the frustration that is shortened season hockey everyone. I agree it sucks but let's keep some perspective.

Yikes we are losing to some bad teams, I don't think it would matter who is in net.

Booth / Kassian need to start converting, they get a pile of chances each game

Also, Lappy should be on the 4th line there is no point to putting Schroeder on the 4th. Put him between the two big guys mentioned above and give him a chance to grow, hell, we're losing anyways.

Technically we still have Kesler and Malhotra. The other players were part of the Canucks winning formula which we no longer have. This is where I'm pointing the finger of blame. Thats the reality, getting players like these back is the only real way to make a cup run. It's this whole mentality of 'the system is so good it doesn't matter who we lose'. Its just arrogant. We won't be winning the Stanley Cup with Higgins Hansen Raymond as your second line and Edler being the only PP QB. Its just not happening.

I like the way Kass and Booth are starting to gell, both guys driving hard to the net. Just a matter of time before they start putting the puck in. Btw anybody see Kass flatten that blue jacket in Scneiders crease and look down at him like a piece of dog crap.

This is unfortunately a myth from yester year......How much ass did Bieksa kick when Duncan Keith elbowed Daniel in the face?........NONE. Because he has been neutered by AV like the rest of the team has.

If Bieksa is the heart and soul of this team it explains the general apathy and lack of heart. When is his contract year again? Then we will see him try.

Guest Pinchin

We're playing not to lose, that never gets a win...even against the worst team in the nhl. I would rather trade chances and let either of our goalies be busy than to watch a tentative D-core not pinch becasue they are afraid of a rush in our end. AV is trying to play a defensive style with a team that isn't defensive. Here's an idea, don't relegate the kids to the 4th line when they make a mistake AV, have some damn faith in them. If our 4th line consists of players in the AV dog house then we essentially have no 4th line. So I guess according to AV the Canucks can win with 9 forwards. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

This cutting down and asking for the firing of MG and AV is just outright foolish this team healthy is just as good as any contending team out there.

Trading Edler for another dman and trading Luongo for a forward are the only two changes i would make.

For all you who don't have the common sense to see when Bieksa had his chance to beat up Keith he couldn't because Keith was looking away and knew better then to raise his arms.

Bieksa would have had to hit him while he wasn't defending himself and would have been suspended big time it had nothing to do with AV. Bertuzzi tried this once and it didn't work out too well did it.

You fans who think Kesler and Bieksa need to go are foolish and embarrassing they are the back bone of this team get a grip.

Archived