Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[PGT] Canucks 1 - Blue Jackets 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
491 replies to this topic

#481 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

ya think maybe they're trying to showcase him? hmmm

you don't need to showcase a guy who's played 700+ games in the NHL, everyone knows how good he is. if any showcasing is going on it's for Schneider not Luongo. They aren't showcasing either of them they're playing them both because they're both good goalies and both legit #1's

#482 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

you don't need to showcase a guy who's played 700+ games in the NHL, everyone knows how good he is. if any showcasing is going on it's for Schneider not Luongo. They aren't showcasing either of them they're playing them both because they're both good goalies and both legit #1's

OMG! Someone speaking with rationality and common sense! Who let you in?
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#483 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Dorsett out for the year from Alberts hit
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417668

That sucks. Both players were doing their jobs well, Dorsett driving to the net and Alberts keeping him from doing so. As soon as I saw that play I went "Oh poor Dorsett....but good job Alberts." It was a good defensive play.

Keswho.jpg

#484 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

With these trades are we hoping those teams scouts are not watching our players play and we can slip one past them?

Why would TB trad a 22 year old monster who is finally showing some offensive upside and some consistency for Edler when he is struggling this much and is 26? Read your own write up on them.....would you do that deal if you were Yzerman?

Kane for Booth and Schroeder? That doesn't even get you past the secretary.

It was late and I was feeling optimistic.........and had a bit of wine.
Posted Image

#485 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I doubt Tampa does it honestly, both are great with #1 potential but I think Hedman's potential is a little bit higher and he has developed alot quicker.

Fair enough. Hedman would be grand here though.
Posted Image

#486 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Fair enough. Hedman would be grand here though.

I agree, although I am glad the last deal we made for him didn't go through.

zackass.png

#487 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

I agree, although I am glad the last deal we made for him didn't go through.

What was that? There was a deal?
Posted Image

#488 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

What was that? There was a deal?

We reportedly offered Burrows, Bieksa and our own 1st (Which was Schroeder) to Tampa at the 2009 Draft for the 2nd overall pick.

zackass.png

#489 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Is that right you little puke, don't tell me what i am and am not. I have watched the canucks since 1991 and have been a fan since that day. I pay to go to 4-5 games a season and watch almost every game on tv i can. When the canucks put forward the kind of effort they did tonight why should i watch ?

This team is trash right now, no passion, no aggression, lack instinct of scoring. Instead of watching the sinking ship lose to CBJ I opted to watch some hockey that was exciting for once.

Hahahah you change the channel on your own team? You aren't a real canucks fan, simple as that. You'll only watch "your" team when they're playing well? Pretty simple diagnosis. You're a plastic fan.

#490 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hahahah you change the channel on your own team? You aren't a real canucks fan, simple as that. You'll only watch "your" team when they're playing well? Pretty simple diagnosis. You're a plastic fan.

What's the fine line between being a fan or a "plastic" fan?
For instance, would you continue to watch a game if the Canucks are losing 8-1 midway through the 3rd?

#491 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

This cutting down and asking for the firing of MG and AV is just outright foolish this team healthy is just as good as any contending team out there.

Trading Edler for another dman and trading Luongo for a forward are the only two changes i would make.

For all you who don't have the common sense to see when Bieksa had his chance to beat up Keith he couldn't because Keith was looking away and knew better then to raise his arms.

Bieksa would have had to hit him while he wasn't defending himself and would have been suspended big time it had nothing to do with AV. Bertuzzi tried this once and it didn't work out too well did it.

You fans who think Kesler and Bieksa need to go are foolish and embarrassing they are the back bone of this team get a grip.

I never said he had to pummel Keith or get suspended. He should have gone with someone at some point in that game though.....And I have seen more intense scrums when a goalie covers a puck on a routine play than the Canucks put up after their start player got destroyed.....

Kesler and Bieksa being the backbone of this team is a major problem. One is a whiny bitch and the other is a lzy contract year player.

#492 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

It was late and I was feeling optimistic.........and had a bit of wine.

lol its all good. I wish too.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.