The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 vs Minnesota 4

The Magician

So much for the lip service Hank served up about "urgency" and "desperation". Another game mailed in by most of the lineup.

Ice capades disguising as our power play...the Sedins should just as well compete in ice dancing, the way they are playing entirely on the perimeter.

At least the PK looked decent tonight...Schneider outplayed by Backstrom, though we made it easy on Backstrom with all the shots from the perimeter.

The lack of competitive level and constant bumbling that is Alexander Edler has got to stop...it's official -- we are a bunch of pretenders who can't even do a decent job of disguising ourselves as contenders.

Does this season feel eerily similar to the 05-06 to anyone?

Huge expectations turn into major floppage. I'm convinced if we fired Crawford that spring or traded for Luongo that spring (before doing BOTH in the summer) we would've turned our season around.

I swear a Therrien/Bylsma coaching change in this situation would have the same effect. While you're at it Mike, TRADE A GOALIE TOO.

Here's the thing, this team has played average all season, but it's only now that our goaltending has failed to mask it.

This is not a goaltending issue, don't pretend it is.

There are too many players that are not being put in positions to succeed. This team looks lost because they have no direction from their coach. Nobody knows their roles, and it's showing.

Hey guys! Lettuce look at the positives.

1. Kassian has been playing great

2. Higgins has also been playing great

3. Luongo's in next game(Some might find this positive, I know I do).

4. Tanev is not injured

5. Neither is Hank

6. After being 0 for 4(or was it 5?) on the PP tonight, I'm sure we will all expect a big shake up on the PP. Garry on the first? Maybe Ballard? Heck Tanev has been our best D-man all season, put him on the PP.

If anyone wants to add in more, you're more than welcome!

Try and stay positive(I know, its hard...)

Goaltending has been a huge let down this season.

Luongo started the season like he did in 2007. Gets rocked in Detroit, and was never the same for some reason. Schneider hasn't been that great either, not the Schneider i'm use too. I know our team is struggling, but our goalie has yet to really bail us out, bail as out as in a 2-1 win type of situation. I will like to see that more often.

Archived