324 replies to this topic

#91 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. Luongo was outstanding. Great poke check in the shootout.

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

#92 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Posted Image

#93 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,453 posts

It's not a goalie controversey. It's just what I've noticed. There's certain posters who will go crazy in games where Schneider is playing praising and defending and posting regularly, or alternatively when Luongo plays bad. But if Luongo plays good, suddenly these posters disappear and won't even post anything.

Goalie controversey would be more like.. "So.. Schneider fans who said neither goalie would win with the way the team was playing.... :bigblush: "

yeah, but the reverse is true too. Lou is great. You don't have to defend him.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#94 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,320 posts

Ahhh. A win, and we won't see Luongo trolls until his next bad game. It's amazing how you can totally see there's certain posters who suddenly don't post anything at all when Luongo is playing and has a good came compared to when Schneider is playing.

No one is claiming Lu didn't have a good game. Why try to troll up that drama if you pretend you hate it so much?

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#95 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,600 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

ya but ebbett played 14 min

Moot point he played well, as good as Schroeder started he was clearly struggling to keep up with NHL pace going to the AHL and regaining confidence is the best move right now for Schroeder.

As for Ebbet that was only one game he needs to play like he did tonight on a regular basis or else we're screwed until either Kesler comes back or we make a move for a quality depth centre.

Also despite the PP starting off really brutal early in the game it looked a lot better leading into the Garrison goal. However we can't rely on the PP to get 3+ chances every game so the Canucks really have to get going on the first and second PP chances. So hopefully they build off that going into the next game.

Edited by canuck73_3, 12 March 2013 - 07:09 PM.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#96 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,453 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, i don't know. I'm sure I said that incorrectly. It's no that we don't have talent in the line-up, far from it, but it doesn't gel and the coaches don't let them play a style that allows them to showcase their talent. It's methodical plodding dump and chase hockey.

Kes will help but right now Booth, Kassian and Raymond are the only ones willing to cross the blueline with the puck. It's all, chip, chip, chip.

We don't have any confidence to make plays under pressure with speed. Our lack of skilled puck distributors is blatant IMO.

Belive it or not I agree 100%. We have to get back to real hockey for now.

#97 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

The clutch and grab pretty much kept our top line out @ the perimiter... that said we got away with a few too. Booth Is a beast. booth kassian kessler plz!

clutch and grab and interfere, no wonder detroit keeps losing to Columbus, but thats the brand of play the nhl allows otherwise vancouver, detroit, and san jose would dominate the western conference forever

Edited by 36yrsncounting, 12 March 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#98 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

yeah, but the reverse is true too. Lou is great. You don't have to defend him.

I wasn't defending him, I just think it's funny that posters do that when the goalie they dislike has a good night. It stops them from posting altogether in comparison to when it's the opposite. It seems there's just troll accounts to rag on goalies or something.

#99 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,453 posts

Anah3im goal.

Look at me I'm a teenager. lol

#100 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

This is hilarious... if Cory played a game like that and absolutely stole us a win there would be 5 different topics praising how he is the second coming on Jesus and Roy and Hasek combined lollllllll.

LUONGO IS KING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_mPm8_pKE

I like how you can only use a Straw Man argument to "win" an argument. Inventing a world and people in it, have them write something, and then ridicule their invented response. :rolleyes:

I support BOTH goalies. They can both play lights out. But I prefer to stick with the cheaper, younger one that does not have terrible playoff numbers going forward.
Fact is Lu did not steal this game. He was downright lucky a few times where he did the old Lu slide and was way out of position and he was lucky that Johnson missed the wide open net....twice. But he did play well, and made some key saves. I applaud his effort. He did enough for the win and was great in the shootout.

#101 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,453 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

I wasn't defending him, I just think it's funny that posters do that when the goalie they dislike has a good night. It stops them from posting altogether in comparison to when it's the opposite. It seems there's just troll accounts to rag on goalies or something.

I know but you're pretty quick to defend him. He's awesome, don't let these punks get to ya.

#102 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Garrison looks like a much more complete player than he did on Florida. Guy will be super-Salo in no time.

Many people believe that Garrison is the best choice we have on PP (me included). Poor JG hardly has a chance to hit that puck once or twice after King Edler gets the majority of the PPs, but boy does he make the most of his chances.

Problem is that JG's goal today was technically not a PP goal, so don't be surprised if AV has not clued in just yet. Hope I am kidding, honestly ::D

#103 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

I like how you can only use a Straw Man argument to "win" an argument. Inventing a world and people in it, have them write something, and then ridicule their invented response. :rolleyes:

I support BOTH goalies. They can both play lights out. But I prefer to stick with the cheaper, younger one that does not have terrible playoff numbers going forward.

kind of hard to have bad numbers when he's only started 3 playoff games in his career

#104 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

In my opinion Lapierre has been playing like turds without anyone to push him to be better.

Looks like he has gotten slower as well. If he keeps it up though he won't be looking at an extension.

SYvE9NH.gif

#105 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

No one is claiming Lu didn't have a good game. Why try to troll up that drama if you pretend you hate it so much?

I didn't say anyone said he had a bad game. I said that it's funny that troll posters that rag on goalies disappear if the goalie they dislike has a good game. To me, it's very evident that select posters post a hell of a lot more when Schneider is playing or Luongo has a bad game. It's not defending anyone or anything, just an observation. It more seems like somehow Schneider fans are upset that I could say such a thing. I didn't even compare Schneider and Luongo in the post you quoted. You're actually the one causing drama by saying I was starting it.. by not saying anything bad about Schneider.

#106 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

overall okay game... I am still disappointed with lack of goal production and Refs... :picard: .

Not that the two are in any way connected.

#107 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

nothing against luongo but he needed a solid game like this to get his game back he has been slumping his last few starts i have full confidence in both goalies

#108 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,145 posts

i hope this boosts their confidence.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#109 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

kind of hard to have bad numbers when he's only started 3 playoff games in his career

Hmmm, who was he starting in place of?

I like some other posters support both goalies but its kind of hard not to make comments like I just did above when people are wearing their blinding homer glasses for Lou or Cory.

Edited by Gman, 12 March 2013 - 07:13 PM.

Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#110 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Fact is Lu did not steal this game. He was downright lucky a few times where he did the old Lu slide and was way out of position and he was lucky that Johnson missed the wide open net....twice. But he did play well, and made some key saves. I applaud his effort. He did enough for the win and was great in the shootout.

You disgust me for calling him downright lucky. No way you would say that about Cory.

Luongo stole the game. He made the save in the last minute of play to STEAL BOTH POINTS. The same save Cory didn't make in OT... almost identical position too.

Cory is a great goalie, he has a great future.
Luongo is ELITE. He will be better than Cory for atleast a few more years. We must win now, not develop an up incoming goalie.
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#111 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,453 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nuf_YhqOFo

#112 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hmmm, who was he starting in place of?

I like some other posters support both goalies but its kind of hard not to make comments like I just did above when people are wearing their blinding homer glasses for Lou or Cory.

yes he started those 3 games in place of Luongo, but 3 games does not make him a better goalie.

we have 2 solid goalies but Luongo is playing more like the starter this year

#113 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

nothing against luongo but he needed a solid game like this to get his game back he has been slumping his last few starts i have full confidence in both goalies

Both of our goalies needed a game like this, because unless they play like this, we lose. We haven't had a game like this since before Luongo's detroit game when this ugly stretch started. Giving up more than two goals seems to be an impossible hill to climb for the time being. Schneider hasn't even been 'bad' in his recent stretch, but anything average or giving up even 2 goals is a loss in this skid. Our offense has been that bad.

#114 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Good game. Knew the Nucks would win. Grats guys.

Thanks man. You guys aren't doing bad at all -- haven't had a regulation loss in quite awhile. Bobrovsky was the player of the game (didn't watch it, but saw that he was the first star and Raymond had a controversial shootout goal) hopefully they can make the playoffs, Columbus deserves to have a good team! Of course if them and the Canucks meet I would have to root against you guys :P

#115 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,453 posts

Thank goodness we're 5 points up on the Jackets. It could come down to them and us for eight.

Seriously. They're happy with the point.

#116 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Oh yeah, we have no talent but getting points is important when you're a mediocre team. Hopefully Kesler comes back ... with no Salo overtones. Other teams do it, why can't we?

Kesler is not the answer to our offensive problems.We need a real goal scorer or playmaker.

#117 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,453 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thanks man. You guys aren't doing bad at all -- haven't had a regulation loss in quite awhile. Bobrovsky was the player of the game (didn't watch it, but saw that he was the first star and Raymond had a controversial shootout goal) hopefully they can make the playoffs, Columbus deserves to have a good team! Of course if them and the Canucks meet I would have to root against you guys :P

Flyers are so dumb, they've had a goalie controversey for years and they don't have to. Kind of like us to tell the truth.

#118 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

I thought Barker was great tonight.

#119 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Both of our goalies needed a game like this, because unless they play like this, we lose. We haven't had a game like this since before Luongo's detroit game when this ugly stretch started. Giving up more than two goals seems to be an impossible hill to climb for the time being. Schneider hasn't even been 'bad' in his recent stretch, but anything average or giving up even 2 goals is a loss in this skid. Our offense has been that bad.

Schneider has been better since calling himself out for playing average so going forward both goalies seem to be on their game especially if Luongo can play like that because his last couple of starts have been iffy

#120 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

I thought Barker was great tonight.

yeah i've liked him in every game he's played so far

Edited by Primus099, 12 March 2013 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.