The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Perry elbows Zucker - possible suspension

CB007

@icemancometh

Perry on Zucker hit: "I was committed. I tried to let up. It’s hard. It happened so fast. It’s unfortunate."

"I don’t go out there looking to hurt guys. That’s not the way I am. That’s not me as a person. It is what it is."

"Well, obviously you don’t wan to miss games and be suspended or whatever. I want to help this team win. That’s my goal."

On whether he might be judged by the result of the hit than his intention, Perry said, "Possibly."

Isn't this why they dress so many goons? Maybe Konopka should be more concerned with people taking liberties than instigating a fight with weise in lopsided wins.

Also the guy trying to justify the hit "he shouldn't of been admiring his pass" "he wouldn't of gotten much if the guy wasn't injured" Those are bad reasons for not being suspended. Horton was admiring his pass doesn't mean the Rome hit was ok. Perry knows what he is doing

It's odd how a "late" hit has little to do with the actual passage of time and more to do with the distance the puck has traveled away from the hit.

Careless hit at worst, only late in slow motion, bit high due to body position and size + Perry exploding upward, did not leave his feet.

meh should be 2 games based on other suspensions but I won't be surprised either way.

Late hit? It was less than a half of second when the puck left his stick

Maybe Zucker should be aware of his surroundings, rather than admiring his passes.

Seriously, CDC has some sort of vendetta against Perry.

On the hit I don't see an elbow which is good. Reckless for sure. Not sure if he was trying to hurt Zucker intentionally though. Didn't see like he was targeting the head so much as he expected Zucker to not keep his head down.

Not excusing him but I just don't think it is as terrible as some. I also didn't think Torres' hit on Hossa was as far outside the lines as his punishment suggested either and the hit by Rome was a penalty at most.

He leaves his feet and, in my opinion, it was pretty clearly intentional. Too bad he's a star. Not too much different than the Hossa hit where Shanny showed some nuts and threw the book at Torres. Obviously his hit isn't as bad as Torres, but it's still up there.

Should be ten to fifteen for Perry, but wah, he's a star, the Ducks can't play the same hockey without him! Well, maybe he should think before endangering another player with his cheap shots. He'll get two games.

I don't think it was that late, Zucker shouldn't be watching his pass like that. Still, high hit and it was a little late (not much, but enough for them to dish out a suspension). I'd guess 3 games, especially if Zucker's injured, as that seems to factor into suspension length. There's no elbow, no leaping. He's got his elbow tucked, and his left skate on the ice at contact.

As much as I hate Corey Perry, my big problem with the hit is Zucker being unaware as hell. You're in the show, you should know to keep your head up!

If we are basing this on what's been handed out in the past then he should get about 2 games. He is a first time offender and if Keith got only 5 games for a flying elbow to the head of Daniel then I can't imagine this getting more than 3. I'm not a fan of Perry because of his antics but his elbow was down, he popped up but didn't leave his feet to lunge at the player and it was only a tiny bit late.

Archived