The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hockey Central Panel - Mike Ribeiro a good fit for Vancouver

I love how no one wants "soft" players, only goons, then whine when goons are useless. The Canucks are a team that gets by on talent, not on crashing around. Trying to force goons into the top six isn't going to magically fix the offense - good offensive players will.

hated , check

streaky, check

Overrated, check

Washed up, check

He meets MG's criteria

Snap him up

Take his skillset and put him with kesler and that bolsters the top 6 greatly which is what we need. Teams going to win the cup will put aside his diving which im not sure if he still does.

Say a team like chicago gets him... That would make them that much harder to defeat, all depends on their goalies

Theres no harm in calling and seeing what the asking price is, if its a 1st rounder and a prospect that is steep, maybe a 2014 1st but doubt they bite on that

In the end, he is what we need but doubt we get him

Guest Gumballthechewy

At least he's a center...

In an ideal world, Kesler would accept this and become our 3rd line center. But Canucks World is usually not ideal.

people seem to forget Ribeiro has a great shot and can pick corners. Haven't people on this board been whining about the Canucks having no snipers on the team?

I've got the guy in my hockey pool and even on a under-performing Capitals team he's producing. Well, the Canucks are under-performing too.

Keep in mind that he will be a UFA next year. If MG is going for this guy hope we don't give up too much. I had this guy in my hockey pool once and he was so streaky it aren't funny. When he is so bad and I decided to bench him he gets 3 points, that kind of thing.

Why rent a diver we have enough of them under contract now. I watched Ribero in a game this year and he got high sticked and proceeded to meltdown the whole game, friggin useless the whole game after that. How would he do on the Canucks being bullied around when the reffs put away their whistles, be floppin all over the ice.

Archived