The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bur --- seems lost his scoring touch

tan

"We've been talking to multiple teams about acquiring a center all season long, but as you guys have noticed there are virtually no trades happening," Gillis said, citing the number of teams still in the playoff race as a deterrent to trades and reason for numerous waiver claims. "We're going to try to get some things done, but there's a chance you may not be able to based on what's happening."

wow. Hodgson's curse...

I can see what you are saying when I watch Burrows. He is fighting the puck a lot. If there is one player who will work his way out of it is Burrows. He is the best team player the Canucks have had since Linden IMHO.

Canucks should iso a camera on Burrows for a few games and then send the tape into NHL HQ. It is absolutely brutal what he has to put up with in non-calls. The constant cross checking has to wear him down physically. They might have got rid of Auger but his ghost is out there every night.

Yeah, Burrows is under-performing this season, as is most of the team. I think at this point what's expected of Burrows is about 25-30 goals and 50-55 points over an 82 game season. That would translate to about 27-30 points over a 48 game season. He's got 7 goals, 9 assists and 16 points right now so he could still reach that level of production but there are only 18 games left in the season.

Let's just hope Burrows and the rest of the team get hot to end the season.

I can see what you are saying when I watch Burrows. He is fighting the puck a lot. If there is one player who will work his way out of it is Burrows. He is the best team player the Canucks have had since Linden IMHO.

Canucks should iso a camera on Burrows for a few games and then send the tape into NHL HQ. It is absolutely brutal what he has to put up with in non-calls. The constant cross checking has to wear him down physically. They might have got rid of Auger but his ghost is out there every night.

Guys have droughts and it'll come (back), he works too hard for it not to. If you don't see or value the other work he does, especially in front of the net, wreaking havoc on goaltenders, then you need to watch closer. And yeah, that stuff he puts up with - especially there. It's clear and obvious that the NHL has a club based on a Santa's naughty/nice list and they've placed Burr on the wrong side. Absolute BS when calls are/aren't made depending on the jersey. Hate how low this has gone.

Goals aren't the only measure here, although I agree that he needs to produce more.

And:

/topic/211587-burrows-do-we-really-need-him/page__st__6930">http://forum.canucks.com/topic/211587-burrows-do-we-really-need-him/page__st__6930

Archived