The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Iginla to Pittsburgh

Tanev

Cox could be dead wrong actually and ironically.

The Flames did get something for Iginla. They definitely got themselves a first round pick. That pick could turn out to be a Tyler Seguin or a Dougie Hamilton.

They could also get themselves Iginla, right back home, in a few months, after a fairly fun playoff run.

They set their captain free for a few months to have a shot at a Cup, and then Feaster throws some more mad money, as he tends to, at Iginla as a UFA to bring him back home.

This could be a very good deal for the Flames actually. The unconditional 1st leaves that possibility open - and a couple decent college prospects not that far from NHL ready...

The Flames tank a little more, get a higher pick, and have a pair of picks in the first round.

Could be a win/win for them if Iggy indeed is leaving on collaborative/favourable terms - to where he wanted to go on playoff vacation.

Who knows? Not Cox, that's for sure.

Cox could be dead wrong actually and ironically.

The Flames did get something for Iginla. They definitely got themselves a first round pick. That pick could turn out to be a Tyler Seguin or a Dougie Hamilton.

They could also get themselves Iginla, right back home, in a few months, after a fairly fun playoff run.

They set their captain free for a few months to have a shot at a Cup, and then Feaster throws some more mad money, as he tends to, at Iginla as a UFA to bring him back home.

This could be a very good deal for the Flames actually. The unconditional 1st leaves that possibility open - and a couple decent college prospects not that far from NHL ready...

The Flames tank a little more, get a higher pick, and have a pair of picks in the first round.

Could be a win/win for them if Iggy indeed is leaving on collaborative/favourable terms - to where he wanted to go on playoff vacation.

Who knows? Not Cox, that's for sure.

Wow was not expecting that. Sportsnet even ran with the story piggybacking it off TSN. Just goes to show until it's official it's not official.

Maybe Ward should keep the trade talk to the real insiders.

Wonder what Boston does now...

Is Clowe going to be the savior now? How desperate are they to get Clowe and Whitney from Edmonton just to show they are making moves now to try to keep up with Pittsburgh.

How much pressure do these moves put on Chicago now as well?

The trade deadline is not going to have much news if this pace keeps up. :lol:

I can't think of a team I would love to see lose more than Pittsburg, they are the Patriots, Yanks, Heat, Bama of the NHL

Everyone has rewarded the cup to Pittsburg but I'm not

They run into a collapse defense and a hot goaltender and they are done. As many offensive power house teams have in the past.

The Bruins and Kings are still built better for the post season IMO

I can't wait to see them lose to a team like the sens in the first round, I will enjoy it very much so indeed.

Archived