#422 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs 3m
Peter Chiarelli: "We were told at noon yesterday that we'd won the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes. We believed that we'd had a deal" #BruinsTalk

Props Feaster, props, tear the Bruins hearts out!

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#423 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Anyways time for another Hitler video on Boston losing out!! :towel:
Posted Image

#424 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

What's funny is Eckland's "rumor" about a player previously considered untrade-able being involved in an East/West trade pretty much hits the mark. Not that I'm defending, but he did drop that nugget fairly pre-emptively.
Is it a lucky guess? Who knows?

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#425 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Could you have imagined Marchand in a Glames uniform?

#426 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Seems that Pittsburg and Boston both really wanted iggy. Is the return they got all Calgary could really get? Seems like they should have got more then again maybe a lesson to teams to up the bids if you want to get the player.

This is GOOD for any potential Luongo trade considering Lu is locked in a good long term contract and iggy is set to expire his soon. Thats what lowered the value here. Also we have been dangling our bait much longer.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#427 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

only applies to UFA's

So does part of Iggy's cap stay with the flames?

And is it a fixed percent of cap the pens have to use up then?

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#428 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Seems that Pittsburg and Boston both really wanted iggy. Is the return they got all Calgary could really get? Seems like they should have got more then again maybe a lesson to teams to up the bids if you want to get the player.

This is GOOD for any potential Luongo trade considering Lu is locked in a good long term contract and iggy is set to expire his soon. Thats what lowered the value here. Also we have been dangling our bait much longer.

Yeah, but they complain that Luongos' contract is TOO long. :lol: Can't really disagree.

#429 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Luongos contract is not good...... And yes, Iginla is a rental player that may or may not re-sign, of course that lowers the value.

#430 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

I think a couple things happened here.

Boston had the better package of players, but wanted to give a conditional 1st, rather than a solid 1st, whereas Shero gave lesser players (maybe, but they are largely unknown), but was willing to give up a set 1st rounder.

The lower price is also, as you mention, a consequence of Iginla not wanting to sign an extension. IN the end, I'm betting Iginla wanted to play in Pittsburgh more than in Boston and thus, Feasters hands were tied a little.

#431 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

So does part of Iggy's cap stay with the flames?

And is it a fixed percent of cap the pens have to use up then?

no they pens take on what is left of Iginla's cap hit for the rest of this year. On JUly 1st, his contract expires.

#432 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

If GMPC actually was told he was getting Iginla and Feaster turned around & traded him to Pitts that makes him an even worse GM. I'm sure the Avs GM doesn't love him because of the RO'R, and now an eastern conference GM won't want to deal with him.

Not only did he not get enough for an elite winger, he ruined a relation in doing so...

I'd be pissed if I cared about the Flames.

#433 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

no they pens take on what is left of Iginla's cap hit for the rest of this year. On JUly 1st, his contract expires.

Thanks for the info.

Though I still think this is a flawed rule.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#434 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,727 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Acquire:
Hall Gill
John Scott
Patrik Stefan
Oleg Kvasha
Mark Parrish
Rick Dipietro

Sedin Sedin Parrish
Booth Kesler Burrows
Raymond Stefan Hansen
Kvasha Lappy Higgins
Schroeder
Weise
Sesito

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Tanev Ballard
Gill Scott

Ricky D
Schneider
Luongo

Stacked.

Edited by Losing With Pride, 28 March 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#435 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

If GMPC actually was told he was getting Iginla and Feaster turned around & traded him to Pitts that makes him an even worse GM. I'm sure the Avs GM doesn't love him because of the RO'R, and now an eastern conference GM won't want to deal with him.

Not only did he not get enough for an elite winger, he ruined a relation in doing so...

Iggy chose the Pens with his NMC. Of course Feaster and the owners will honor the most important player in this organization

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#436 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Not sure I would trust anything a Bruins GM says......or any Bruin for that matter.

He got a decent return for a winger well past his elite years who is not going to resign with the Pens and will likely return to calgary in the summer. They will almost certainly get a top three pick now and could package the pens first rounder with a second rounder and move up significantly with their second first round pick. Plus they get two prospects that, really, no one knows much about........they could easily pan out to be very good players for the Flames. I think Feaster did better than he's getting credit for.

Edited by stawns, 28 March 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#437 tera_ha

tera_ha

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImageText Size

Many believed on Wednesday night that the Boston Bruins had completed the acquisition of Jarome Iginla - including the Boston Bruins.
In a rare move, general manager Peter Chiarelli held a news conference on Thursday afternoon explaining the process of how the deal for the much-coveted Flames captain came together and fell apart.
"We made a firm offer two days ago and were told at Noon yesterday (Wednesday) that we'd won the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes so to speak," Chiarelli told reporters. "We believed that we had a deal."
The Bruins' offer for Iginla's services was believed to be defenceman Matt Bartkowski, forward Alex Khokhlachev and a first-round pick conditional on Iginla re-signing with the Bruins. Chiarelli even went so far as to scratch both players from their Boston and Providence lineups in anticipation.
But as the day went on, Chiarelli and the Bruins did not hear back from the Flames as both teams prepared for their respective games against the Montreal Canadiens and Colorado Avalanche.
"As the time went on, doubt started to grow," he explained. "You make efforts to call, but when nothing gets returned, you know something's going on."
The Bruins GM said he then received a call from the Flames at about 11:45pm et on Wednesday night saying that it was the "player's choice" and that Iginla was going to be dealt to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Chiarelli added that despite losing out on Iginla last-minute, the team was still looking to make improvements ahead of next Wednesday's trade deadline. "There's players out there," he said. We're in on players. You get back on your horse, you go out there and you find some more players."

#438 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,864 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Iggy chose the Pens with his NMC. Of course Feaster and the owners will honor the most important player in this organization

Oilers got more for Penner. What a failure by the incompetent flames ownership to wait until Iginla had the least trade value.
I feel sorry for you guys.

#439 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Pens arguably paid more for Morrow then for Iggy.

Oh to be a fly on the wall, well, anywhere in Beantown this morning :lol: . Might have to go check out their forums for a laugh. Gotta say the last few days have been exciting even if GMMG hasn't been a part of it (yet).

#440 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Jay Feaster trolling the Bruins. He must have been still bitter about the Ryan O'Rielly offer sheet and wanted to make a fool out of another team

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#441 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Is it wrong that in this moment I love the Penguins more than the Canucks?

Yes it is............ Go stand in the corner. CANUCKS

Gràdh o's cionn gach nì eile

Kevin.jpg

#442 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

It was iginlas choice... "No Movement Clause". Iggy wanted to play in Pittsburgh, his list was to accommodate the flames so they could have options in case Pittsburgh fell through.

Flames GM preferred Boston's package but that means nothing when iggy says no

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#443 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Oilers got more for Penner. What a failure by the incompetent flames ownership to wait until Iginla had the least trade value.
I feel sorry for you guys.

for a 35 year old that only had one team on his mind

give your head a shake

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#444 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

for a 35 year old that only had one team on his mind

give your head a shake

I heard he had 4 teams. Now we have conflicting information here.

EVERYONE thinks Flames got hosed. Including Flames fans

Your the only one defending the return of the trade which is quite sad. At least Canucks fans are not afraid to admit bad moves Gillis makes.

Give your head a shake.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#445 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I heard he had 4 teams. Now we have conflicting information here.

EVERYONE thinks Flames got hosed. Including Flames fans

Your the only one defending the return of the trade which is quite sad. At least Canucks fans are not afraid to admit bad moves Gillis makes.

Give your head a shake.

I've never understood the value of telling someone to do that.

#446 FireGillis

FireGillis

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

I love how iginla screwed that classless boston org. Now I can cheer for him to win a cup (if canucks don't win) with sid the kid, since pens are my second fav team cause of crosby! Van-Pitts finals coming up! :)

Edited by Fire AV, 28 March 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Proud member of 2015 tank nation! :towel:

#447 CrazyAL

CrazyAL

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hey Pittsburgh, want to make it a combo and add a goalie to that contender?

#448 Hamhuis Hipcheck

Hamhuis Hipcheck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

LOL PC crying at press conference.

#449 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

anyone see the weather in Calgary today?

Posted Image

#450 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,195 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

anyone see the weather in Calgary today?

Posted Image

Hahahah minus 12 for nothing in return too.
Feaster....

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.