The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks to trade for Raffi Torres

Torres and Boyle + injury returns and we're looking good. Just gotta get the powerplay moving. Neither of those should cost too much, though if the Rangers are buyers, Boyle might not be gettable. (But his circa 60% in faceoffs would be hugely welcome).

I would be down for Torres. As mentioned, he brings more than Weise, Sestito or Pinizotto (and er, Kassian). Both physically, ability to actually finish (10-15 goal guy, consistently) once in a while, and a TON of experience when the going gets tough.

And 24 pts in 56 playoff games are nothing to sneeze at.

If Gillis can re-unite Pominville and Roy, he should grab Torres and reunite him with the rest of the team. That's how L.A won a Cup last season and they're doing it again with Regher etc.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Pominville - Roy - Hansen

Raymond - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Torres

If Gillis can re-unite Pominville and Roy, he should grab Torres and reunite him with the rest of the team. That's how L.A won a Cup last season and they're doing it again with Regher etc.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Pominville - Roy - Hansen

Raymond - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Torres

Torres and Boyle + injury returns and we're looking good. Just gotta get the powerplay moving. Neither of those should cost too much, though if the Rangers are buyers, Boyle might not be gettable. (But his circa 60% in faceoffs would be hugely welcome).

Id love to have Raffi back. We should have kept him in the first place. His request for a 2 year contract was totally fair in my opinion.

That being said.. I fear the nhl has neutered Torres. He plays his best when he plays on the edge. But he just doesn't have any room to make a mistake anymore. I just fear we wouldn't see the same player the second time around.

Archived