The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Recall Jensen & Sweatt, Re-assign Kassian & Gordon

Jagr68

I'm very excited about Jensen coming up. I don't expect too much from a rookie but I will be very glad to see him on the ice with our players. As for Kassian, I understand why he got sent down due to his injury and needing a conditioning stint perhaps. But It really makes me cringe that a young player can do so well with the Sedins and get moved permanently from their line. Its about asset management. The Sedins were looking good with Kassian in my opinion (other opinions may differ on this). And Burrows is at an age where he can be effective with anyone while Kas obviously cannot be at this point in his career. It seems critical and obvious to put Kas with the Sedins. I am not known for mouthing off about AV but I really feel like he isn't handling some players well. I understand that a lesser role worked for developing Kes and the Sedins but times have changed and it might not be the best way to develop players in this day and age. AV you are very stubborn and ignorant when it comes to adapting your coaching style. Sorry for the rant, and I realize that this is not necessarily the right thread to include this in. Concluding that I realize that Kas is most likely on a conditioning stint and I am very very excited to see what Jensen can do at his very young age. Best of Luck Nick!

Really using all of our depth this year. Jensen wasn't even an option until early March, and had he not gone to Europe he'd be in Junior still. But hey, I'm not complaining, I love seeing young guys get their shot. I am however concerned with this time wise, as it could be the case that Gillis is trying to get these two some exposure before the trade deadline, that or see if either of these guys can be an option for offensive boost.

This is a great move IMO.. We're just treading water right now. Hanging on to wins and struggling to find offense. Love the fact gillis is giving 2 of our prospects a chance to see if they are ready to help out in that area before the deadline... Kinda expected Jensen to get the call but this is a well timed bone to throw at sweatt. He really deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Sending Kass down is kinda weird. Don't mind it so much, he's not quite a key guy yet but he does have offensive skills that might have been able to help. That being said he could use a stint of top six minutes down there if he won't be getting them in the big league. Season him up a bit before the playoffs in case we need him in an offensive role.

DAMN YOU!!! I was about to make this thread. Once I realized the website was a bit slower, I knew someone beat me.

On topic: I am very happy to see Jensen come up. IMO he is our best prospect hands down. Lets give him some NON-4th line ice time.

I think there's two aspects to this.

1) We need scoring badly because our forwards aren't getting it done. Too much complacency, nobody challenging them.

2) I believe they're seeing if Jensen can replace Raymond if he is in fact in play for a trade. And Sweatt is potentially being showcased as an almost NHL ready prospect for a trade.

1) We need scoring badly because our forwards aren't getting it done. Too much complacency, nobody challenging them.

2) I believe they're seeing if Jensen can replace Raymond if he is in fact in play for a trade. And Sweatt is potentially being showcased as an almost NHL ready prospect for a trade.

This is what's wrong with the Canuck mentality. Sometimes there are players with so much skill you just have to wait for them to get adjusted. Look at Brandon Saad.... He's playing in the top 6 on a deep blackhawks team. Do you think he deserved the ice time? No but the coach has let him adjust to top 6 minutes and he's starting to light it up. All this bouncing around the lineup doesn't help a players development. See Nazem Kadri... bounces around and produces squat... finally let him sit in the 2nd line C role and he starts producing.

Archived