The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I don't really watch the games anymore

Sixteen W's

When it comes to the canucks I guess Im a sucker for punishment cuz I still watch but I dont get excited like I used to.. its a mix of reasons between the canucks not being as good a team, the media coverage in this town is nauseating, the lockout totally pissed me off beyond belief, and lastly the officiating in this league is beyond terrible. All that = tough to stay excited..

I still watch the highlights and keep up with news, and It's great we've found ways to win despite all the injuries, but the games themselves aren't that interesting to watch.

I don't go out of my way to catch games like I used to. That said, I'll watch if there isn't much else to do.

Your not alone, nor does it make anyone a bandwagoner. I still watch every game but i find myself more and more getting turned off and flipping the channel back and fourth. Many ppl i talk to haven't been watching all the games like they used to or do the same thing.

There's just not alot of opptimism around this team. We've seen this same group of guys for quite sometime now, saw them fall short in the cup run and when you see the same damn holes in the lineup that saw them fall short kinda hard to believe things would be any different this time around. The team is too damn predictable.

Well I must admit last night ( face off 3.00am for me here) is the first time I didn't set my alarm.

But I woke up anyway but I turned over and went back to sleep, woke up at 6.00 am and let the dog out then went back to bed and watched highlights on my phone...........miserable.

When it comes to the canucks I guess Im a sucker for punishment cuz I still watch but I dont get excited like I used to.. its a mix of reasons between the canucks not being as good a team, the media coverage in this town is nauseating, the lockout totally pissed me off beyond belief, and lastly the officiating in this league is beyond terrible. All that = tough to stay excited..

I still watch the highlights and keep up with news, and It's great we've found ways to win despite all the injuries, but the games themselves aren't that interesting to watch.

I don't go out of my way to catch games like I used to. That said, I'll watch if there isn't much else to do.

Archived