The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder re-assigned to the Chicago Wolves

hockeyville88

I think Schroeder has to be in the AHL before the deadline to be on Chicago's clear list or something? Otherwise he can't play with the Wolves for the remainder of the year. I remember they did something like that with Tanev previously.

I was wondering too why they would send him down before Kesler is healthy.

Few things. I think Kass is coming right back after one or two games down there. Kass will take this slap on the wrist and come back strong with just 10 games left in the year to get playoff ready.

Second, not a biggie that Schroeder is being sent down. Which prompted me to compare the early career arc of Roy Vs. Schroeder, as undersized centres.

Roy went;

NHL 2003-2004 His Rookie Year with Buffalo = 9 goals, 10 assists, -8 in 49 games

AHL 2004-2005 Played the full year in the AHL = 16 goals, 45 assists, -4 in 67 games

NHL 2005-2006 Second NHL Season = 18goals, 28 assists, +1 in 70 games

NHL 2006-2007 Break Out Year 3rd "full" NHL seaon, 21goals, 42 assists, Break out year.

Lofty goal for Schroeder, but reflecting on Roy's numbers, many players don't make a big impact in their first full year. Schroeder has the potential to deliver Roy's 2005-2006 season, next year. But it will be hard to do as a 3rd line C behind Kes. Would like to see him put on 10lbs of solid muscle.

Few things. I think Kass is coming right back after one or two games down there. Kass will take this slap on the wrist and come back strong with just 10 games left in the year to get playoff ready.

Second, not a biggie that Schroeder is being sent down. Which prompted me to compare the early career arc of Roy Vs. Schroeder, as undersized centres.

Roy went;

NHL 2003-2004 His Rookie Year with Buffalo = 9 goals, 10 assists, -8 in 49 games

AHL 2004-2005 Played the full year in the AHL = 16 goals, 45 assists, -4 in 67 games

NHL 2005-2006 Second NHL Season = 18goals, 28 assists, +1 in 70 games

NHL 2006-2007 Break Out Year 3rd "full" NHL seaon, 21goals, 42 assists, Break out year.

Lofty goal for Schroeder, but reflecting on Roy's numbers, many players don't make a big impact in their first full year. Schroeder has the potential to deliver Roy's 2005-2006 season, next year. But it will be hard to do as a 3rd line C behind Kes. Would like to see him put on 10lbs of solid muscle.

Only in the magically insane universe of tradedeadlineville is Derek Roy an upgrade on Jordan Schroeder. Better to have Schroeder get some experience in the stretch run/playoffs than send him down and replace him with a rental who brings the exact same things he does minus some speed, youth, and potential...I don't really understand what is going on here.

Only in the magically insane universe of tradedeadlineville is Derek Roy an upgrade on Jordan Schroeder. Better to have Schroeder get some experience in the stretch run/playoffs than send him down and replace him with a rental who brings the exact same things he does minus some speed, youth, and potential...I don't really understand what is going on here.

They should bring him back when Kesler gets back. That'll give them three scoring lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Schroder

Hansen-Roy-Higgins

Talk about scoring depth. They should have no problem getting pucks into the net now come playoffs.

This was precautionary in case we landed Clowe. Apparently it went right down to the wire and we were one of the two final teams so makes sense to send someone down who doesn't have to clear waivers. Also makes sense to drop Ebbett and Schroeder as Roy isn't a big center himself. I expect these to be our lines for the Edmonton game:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Higgins - Burrows - Hansen (amazing last game, they're not getting touched)

Raymond - Roy - Weise

Pinizotto - Lapierre - Sestito

When fully healthy we have the deepest forwards in the NHL without a doubt. No team has a better bottom-6 than this:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Roy - Higgins

Kassian - Lapierre - Weise

Archived