Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Play LuongoTomrrow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#31 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

what if the canucks actually won the cup this year with luongo just sitting on the bench for the the entire playoffs!...wonder if he would really feel great about winning a cup that way.....if i was him, i would be choked about not being traded to a team where he can be the starting goalie, even though i know we will be grateful to still have him when he bails us out again...im more confident having both goalies in the playoffs...hopefully they both can share the load.

Remember Detroits situation in 08 with Hasek and Osgood? Well this year I have a feeling Schneider will be our Hasek and Luongo will be our Osgood.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#32 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

number one, as in Roberto Luongo right?
Posted Image

As you can see, Luongo is #1 while Schneider is #35-so play Schneider 2/12 games as we have to get our #1 ready for the post season

#33 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

I think after today Luongo will be on fire.. He knows if he wants out of here and go to a place where he can be starter then he has to let his play do the talking.. there is too much emphasis given to his contract and if he can show he's lights out, not just now but when it matters, then GMs will have no excuse but to pay and take him on their team.

-Hardcore Canucka

#34 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Agreed this situation has gone wrong MG needs to go. I think Lou has been humbled and is no longer that cocky a hole that he was, he has handled this with class.

I still think he needs to be the one traded but with him the best.

You totally make sense. But the guy who you quoted I'm glad he's not gm. Who runs a team or a business based on emotions? Who keeps a goalie based on his interview was so great blah blah or his twitter so funny. i Guess everyone forgot lu is the one say its time to move on after last year. He obviously wants to move on bad why he was so emotional to even bad mouthed his contract publicly.

You ever think it would be so easy for Cory to ask to be moved on? Knowing it be so easy for him to be traded as his salary would make him attractive? But Cory wants to stay here even though he's an American

Edited by Gonz, 03 April 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#35 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

i just hope AV doesn't do his stupid coin flip it was fun at first but now its just dumb

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#36 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

yes let's over play schneider down the stretch and have him start 10-12 of the last 13 games so he technically played 20+ games in less than 1.5 months in a compressed season where he also played oversea.. so he's nice and fatigue to start the playoff good strategy. Schneider even though as a backup played in aprx 1 out of every 4 games. yet Luongo is not even worthy as a backup and should only play once every 10-12 games.

#37 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

yes let's over play schneider down the stretch and have him start 10-12 of the last 13 games so he technically played 20+ games in less than 1.5 months in a compressed season where he also played oversea.. so he's nice and fatigue to start the playoff good strategy. Schneider even though as a backup played in aprx 1 out of every 4 games. yet Luongo is not even worthy as a backup and should only play once every 10-12 games.

Huh who says to over play Cory? I'm sure AV just trying win games by getting one of the goalies going and Lu will get an opportunity to run with the ball when Cory drops it

#38 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Who is this Cory Schneider you guys speak of?

#39 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,210 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

AV was playing the goalie who won last lately - that was his idea. Luongo really should have played the back-to-back but AV gave them both to Schneider and fair enough - he won them both. Then after Schneider gets pulled for 2 goals, Luongo stands on his head, makes some highlight reel saves (that will probably end up in the season's top-10) and doesn't get to play the next night. Instead, Schneider lets in 3 goals in quick succsession again and loses his 2nd straight.

Luongo isn't getting a fair chance, and now that AV knows he's not going anywhere he has to manage his goalies better. Schneider played 6 good games, well done, but he's lost the last 2 in a row which means Luongo should start.

I'd like to see AV try this in the playoffs. 2 losses in a row and the other guy gets a chance in net. That way, the only way we get booted out of the playoffs is if both our goalies suck at the same time. This season, that hasn't happened very often.
Posted Image

#40 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Look there's no turning back now. They've made the choice to go with Cory, you stick with it. I think Luo gets around 4 of the remaining games but this notion you go with him and see if he can go on a run is just wrong. He is the backup now, he acknowledges this. It is what it is. Luongo desperately wants to be the guy somewhere, its just not going to be here. Cory is on a roll, I think its highly unlikely you see the goaltenders swap games in the playoffs barring a complete collapse.

#41 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Put Luongo in net.
Posted Image

#42 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Huh who says to over play Cory? I'm sure AV just trying win games by getting one of the goalies going and Lu will get an opportunity to run with the ball when Cory drops it

i'm talking about the ppl here that wants cory to play majority if not all the remainder of the games.

#43 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

AV was playing the goalie who won last lately - that was his idea. Luongo really should have played the back-to-back but AV gave them both to Schneider and fair enough - he won them both. Then after Schneider gets pulled for 2 goals, Luongo stands on his head, makes some highlight reel saves (that will probably end up in the season's top-10) and doesn't get to play the next night. Instead, Schneider lets in 3 goals in quick succsession again and loses his 2nd straight.

Luongo isn't getting a fair chance, and now that AV knows he's not going anywhere he has to manage his goalies better. Schneider played 6 good games, well done, but he's lost the last 2 in a row which means Luongo should start.

I'd like to see AV try this in the playoffs. 2 losses in a row and the other guy gets a chance in net. That way, the only way we get booted out of the playoffs is if both our goalies suck at the same time. This season, that hasn't happened very often.

Lol guess you missed the 2 quick goals Lu let in, I don't think those 4 goals were solely Lu or Cory's fault guess u didnt see hamuis getting caught up ice on first goal. You are too bias to even take seriously. They had an off night plus with the injuries they need to play airtight hockey n the past games defensively they were horrible. You can't expect a goalie to bail you out every single time. Cory stopped 22 shots before he let the 3 quick goals. You guys are too hard to please or your bias is clouding your judgement

Edited by Gonz, 03 April 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#44 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

i'm talking about the ppl here that wants cory to play majority if not all the remainder of the games.

One of them needs to be the number one they picked Cory so they going to run with it plus Cory has been winning them games. It's better than play one game or two n keep switching neither goalie will be in a groove. I'm sure when Cory has a really bad game and Lu starts wining games than av will run with Lu for awhile til he drops the ball. Lu is not a backup goalie where one would be afraid to play with him. I wouldn't be upset if Lu played 5 in a row n won all 5 games

Edited by Gonz, 03 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#45 Zuongo

Zuongo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

No. schneider is our goalie now and we need to let him lead us. we cant afford to keep giving people chances this late in the season, we need to start winning and carry it into the playoffs.
Canuck

#46 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

No. schneider is our goalie now and we need to let him lead us. we cant afford to keep giving people chances this late in the season, we need to start winning and carry it into the playoffs.

Lol big suprise you support Cory

#47 bohonos76

bohonos76

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

play Luuu

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.