The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Play LuongoTomrrow

cmpunk

They need to let the team be Cory's. this half and half crop is just a bad idea. We also need to see Cory in that roll to see how it works out. Lou lover and hater can agree with that I'm sure.

Play Lou as the backup give Cory the playoffs and reevaluate in the summer... This year is a wright off anyway and we know what Lou can do.

I just became a bigger Luongo fan than before after his press conference today. He is all heart. How can anyone not love this guy? Im almost to the point where i hope the entire Nucks management is fired for the way they have mistreated him.

what if the canucks actually won the cup this year with luongo just sitting on the bench for the the entire playoffs!...wonder if he would really feel great about winning a cup that way.....if i was him, i would be choked about not being traded to a team where he can be the starting goalie, even though i know we will be grateful to still have him when he bails us out again...im more confident having both goalies in the playoffs...hopefully they both can share the load.

I think AV should start Luongo tomorrow. Schneider hasn't been bad at all but has lost the last 2 games.

Just give Luongo the game tomorrow and see how he does and if he plays well give him a chance to go on a run. I can see in Luongo's face he wants to play bad and after today, probably feels he has something major to prove.

In my opinion, if Luongo serves as a backup this year like Thomas did few years ago. next season weather he be the starter on the Canucks or on another team, I see Luongo having a great season and one of his best. Luongo will be motivated as anything next season knowing he is a starter for a team and this all behind him.

what if the canucks actually won the cup this year with luongo just sitting on the bench for the the entire playoffs!...wonder if he would really feel great about winning a cup that way.....if i was him, i would be choked about not being traded to a team where he can be the starting goalie, even though i know we will be grateful to still have him when he bails us out again...im more confident having both goalies in the playoffs...hopefully they both can share the load.

I think after today Luongo will be on fire.. He knows if he wants out of here and go to a place where he can be starter then he has to let his play do the talking.. there is too much emphasis given to his contract and if he can show he's lights out, not just now but when it matters, then GMs will have no excuse but to pay and take him on their team.

Agreed this situation has gone wrong MG needs to go. I think Lou has been humbled and is no longer that cocky a hole that he was, he has handled this with class.

I still think he needs to be the one traded but with him the best.

yes let's over play schneider down the stretch and have him start 10-12 of the last 13 games so he technically played 20+ games in less than 1.5 months in a compressed season where he also played oversea.. so he's nice and fatigue to start the playoff good strategy. Schneider even though as a backup played in aprx 1 out of every 4 games. yet Luongo is not even worthy as a backup and should only play once every 10-12 games.

yes let's over play schneider down the stretch and have him start 10-12 of the last 13 games so he technically played 20+ games in less than 1.5 months in a compressed season where he also played oversea.. so he's nice and fatigue to start the playoff good strategy. Schneider even though as a backup played in aprx 1 out of every 4 games. yet Luongo is not even worthy as a backup and should only play once every 10-12 games.

AV was playing the goalie who won last lately - that was his idea. Luongo really should have played the back-to-back but AV gave them both to Schneider and fair enough - he won them both. Then after Schneider gets pulled for 2 goals, Luongo stands on his head, makes some highlight reel saves (that will probably end up in the season's top-10) and doesn't get to play the next night. Instead, Schneider lets in 3 goals in quick succsession again and loses his 2nd straight.

Luongo isn't getting a fair chance, and now that AV knows he's not going anywhere he has to manage his goalies better. Schneider played 6 good games, well done, but he's lost the last 2 in a row which means Luongo should start.

I'd like to see AV try this in the playoffs. 2 losses in a row and the other guy gets a chance in net. That way, the only way we get booted out of the playoffs is if both our goalies suck at the same time. This season, that hasn't happened very often.

Look there's no turning back now. They've made the choice to go with Cory, you stick with it. I think Luo gets around 4 of the remaining games but this notion you go with him and see if he can go on a run is just wrong. He is the backup now, he acknowledges this. It is what it is. Luongo desperately wants to be the guy somewhere, its just not going to be here. Cory is on a roll, I think its highly unlikely you see the goaltenders swap games in the playoffs barring a complete collapse.

Archived