The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else want CBJ to succeed?

For some reason i want them to at least make the playoffs. theyve suffered through many years of being bottom feeders and the one time they made it, they got swept.

Many make fun of them not having fans but they do and to tell you the truth, they probably have some of the most loyal fans in hockey. It takes true fandom to watch a hockey club that has been at the bottom of the league for years, all while being in the west which means their games start at 9pm on most nights.

Heres to you blue jackets! Hope you make the playoffs (and maybe win a game this time).

As long as we don't have to play them in the playoffs. The amount of bear-hugging that they got away with in our last game was ridiculous. The officiating in this league is a huge problem. If we had done that we would have gotten a penalty immediately.

I've been to a CBJ game in columbus. I enjoyed it more than a canucks game. Even the outside of the arena is really nice. They gave away lots of free stuff and my ticket had a free food coupon on the back of it for the game. I know part of it is because they need to do things like that to attract fans, but it is still nice to be treated well at a game.

I also want them to succeed.

They have had a strong fan base despite the many years of poor mismanagement of Howson.

Look at the number of first round picks and look at how many have flourished.

Now that Howson has long been fired, it's time for CBJ to succeed.

The Blue Jackets owe it to their fanbase to finally produce results worthy of recognition and praise.

Columbus, as a nontraditional hockey market, actually has a surprisingly strong hockey following that includes support for their NCAA teams. Kesler and RJ Umberger are examples of two US-born hockey players who enjoyed a strong hockey program in Ohio state for their draft years.

But the Jackets have had horrid management and coaching. None of their early first round picks as an expansion club panned out except for Nash, and well.. You know.

Names like David Vyborny, Nikolai Zherdev, Rostislav Klesla, Marc Denis, Pascal Leclaire and many others are among the early Jackets players who never emerged as top producers. Only Klesla remains an NHL player from that group. He currently plays in Phoenix. All the others have either retired or gone to play in Europe.

Without a doubt, acquiring John Davidson from St. Louis was a huge part in changing the direction of this franchise. Davidson is highly regarded as a savvy hockey executive and it'll be very exciting to watch these Jackets finally prove their mettle.

All I can say is I'm glad that the Jackets are no longer in the conference as of next year.. They may be a force to be reckoned with in short time.

Gotta' gut feeling if edm snuck into 8th, they might give the Hawks nightmares. They seem to light up their 'tenders quite often.

Jackets seem a rather boring, harmless lot(will be good in a few yrs, of course); wish them well-reminds me of the Preds a bit.

Would like to see them dress a crazed fan in a strait-jacket, let him run around the bldg.. symbolic of their defensive approach.

If we somehow face the Blue Jackets in the playoffs, the refs or the NHL will somehow force it to 7 games and CBJ will win in a heartbreaker in overtime on a powerplay. Yknow, because the NHL is against us...

If they make the 8th seed, I do hope they knock out the Hawks though.... All of their games they've lost against the Hawks so far have been really close. Either in OT, shootout, or one goal in regulation. All close games. CBJ almost broke their undefeated streak twice.

Mhm, despite being the butt-end of endless jokes, their loyal fans have soldiered on. That's dedication and I hope the Jackets make the playoffs this year. I'd also love for them to knock out Chicago or Anaheim, that would be amazing.

Archived