The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Version of 24/7, Oil Change, 24CH?

sQuish

Just wondering if there has ever been any talk about the Canucks doing an Oil Change / 24-7 type documentary with the team? And if not, why not? I know the Canucks do the "behind the lens" stuff but obviously has nowhere near the insight as behind the scenes video would be. It would certainly be a hit with the fans. If the Oilers and Habs can do it, why can't the Canucks?

It would really give the fans a new level of appreciation and understanding of the day-to-day operations as well as the camaraderie between the players and coaches. Something we just don't get to see unfiltered.

Not only would it get the fans feeling closer to the team/players but I'm sure it would help reel in new fans if they got to know our team a little better. Win/win for everyone.

I'd love to see a 24/7 on the Canucks, that'd be awesome.

One reason why they may have done an Oilers one & not a Canucks one yet is that that Canucks don't really have the same challenges as a team. I mean, we've won 6 of the last 8 division titles, on our way to a 7th, back-to-back President's Trophies, Selke's, Art Ross's, Jenkin's, etc. Not very riveting T.V., "Canucks still kick-ass!" where's the drama?

A post-season 24/7 on the Canucks would be insane! It'd probably be considered cruel and unusual punishment to put players, coaches & staff through that in the middle of the playoffs though...behind the scenes video of the 2011 Cup loss would make me sob like a little girl.

Gillis is too secretive he would never consent to a behind the scenes all access pass. Don't want to give away what goes on in the mind room and other things they are working on

However I'm sure he'll have a keen eye on 24/7 next year to see as much as he can about how the Red Wings run their organization.

I'm shocked they haven't caught on and started doing this. Aquilinis department is usually on top of any extra cash grabs.

I would love it if we started doing iit too. 24CH is fantastic... oiil change is pretty good too

Archived