Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

who else is happy that NYI look like they'll make playoffs?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

I have become a fan of them, Tavares is awesome.

Though the playoff ratings will be interesting as people still don't care about these teams.

Attendance
Islanders ranked 30 of 30
Blue Jackets ranked 28 of 30

ezgifcom-gif-maker_zps756122ce.gif

#32 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

i hope they get in.

I really do, Props to Garth Snow for never taking the easy way out, (Edmonton Oilers style). Every year they pretty much go into the season with no intentions of tanking whatsoever. Long Island is pretty much The Eastern version of Edmonton. No one wants to go there in terms of UFA's. I hope they make it, and Rangers come in 9th. That will be fun to watch.

Their drafting hasn't been as dramatic as the Oilers but if consider having an owner that isn't willing to spend the money needed to ice a very good team a type of tanking.

Reinhart- 4th overall
Strome- 5th overall
Neiderreiter- 5th overall
Tavares- 1st overall
Baily- 9th overall(trades down from 5th)
Okposo- 7th overall

This is the first time in 5 years that they haven't been a lottery team. I don't have a problem with how the Islanders have done things but lets not say they haven't taken the Edmonton route when they're one Tavares away from being a bottom 5 team again.

#33 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I have become a fan of them, Tavares is awesome.

Though the playoff ratings will be interesting as people still don't care about these teams.

Attendance
Islanders ranked 30 of 30
Blue Jackets ranked 28 of 30

I would like to think that if the Rangers miss the playoffs it will help the Isles attendance in the playoffs, especially if they play an Atlantic team
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#34 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I was thinking the same thing! Im also happy to see that Winnipeg might be able to squeak in too.

And COLUMBUS, what can I say! I REALLY hope that these guys can grab the 8th seed leaving Detroit out of the playoffs for what is most likely the 1st time that's happened in 20+ years.

#35 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Their drafting hasn't been as dramatic as the Oilers but if consider having an owner that isn't willing to spend the money needed to ice a very good team a type of tanking.

Reinhart- 4th overall
Strome- 5th overall
Neiderreiter- 5th overall
Tavares- 1st overall
Baily- 9th overall(trades down from 5th)
Okposo- 7th overall

This is the first time in 5 years that they haven't been a lottery team. I don't have a problem with how the Islanders have done things but lets not say they haven't taken the Edmonton route when they're one Tavares away from being a bottom 5 team again.

I'm not sure what your talking about. We were told by mouthy Oiler fans that they had a money spending Owner in Katz. Garth Snow also offered Ehrhoff 5.5 million dollar contract, so they say they are also not willing to spend money is b.s. Also I remember Katz saying they are going to do an all out rebuild during the 2010 season, or prior to 2010, so pretty much we knew the Oilers were gonna tank the season, or 2.

Anyways the Edmonton Oilers of the past 3 seasons were tanking on Purpose at one point or another. 2010 and 2011 were the obvious years. Feel free to deny it. Nothing you say will convince us other wise. Please don't drag other teams a long. New York Islanders naturally sucked and we all know, but they keep trying, I'm not even sure why they didn't tank. They were a hard working lottery team. Oilers were a tanking lottery team. Huge difference. Props to Garth Snow for trying.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#36 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

I want the Jets to make it. Although the Rangers will probably make it alot further in the playoffs than the Jets

True, but the Rags bore me so I'd rather have the Jets.
Posted Image

#37 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Gotta love tavares kid is a stud
Posted Image

#38 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

NYI vs Pittsburgh, Boston, OR Mtl will be a wild series.

Funny thing is that I could see them winning any of those series in a best of 7, Tavares is on ****** fire.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#39 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

What I love about how NYI are playing lately is how they manage to find one line that can dominate per game.

Vs Toronto on Thursday Tavares' line chomped them to bits. Today all three forwards on the 2nd line have 2pts. Against florida they got a lot of help from 3rd line players and D.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#40 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I would like to think that if the Rangers miss the playoffs it will help the Isles attendance in the playoffs, especially if they play an Atlantic team

It may help a little though in state rivalries tend to be pretty bitter for state surpremacy. Isles and Rangers fans are two different breads similiar to Yankees vs Mets and Giants vs Jets. Rangers fans hitting up an Islander games would be like Flyers fans showing up at the Penguins playoff games this year. Though playoffs will always draw a crowd because it's something to do I do fully expect the attendance numbers to rise though I am curious to see if they will have a lively crowd (or quiet or dominated by the opposing team) as well as how the TV ratings look.

ezgifcom-gif-maker_zps756122ce.gif

#41 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Just imagine where they would be if they selected Victor Hedman instead....

#42 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I hate Charles Wang, that greedy owner. So no, I do not want them to make the playoffs

#43 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,510 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I am! Better than seeing the same teams making the Playoffs every year. A nice change this year.

307mg00.jpg

#44 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Would be great if we whooped their asses in the finals as we win the cup to avenge the 1982 Canucks team. Then we need to beat the Rangers and Bruins asses to avenge our 1994 and 2011 losses.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.