The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

who else is happy that NYI look like they'll make playoffs?

The Islanders have a whole pile of excellent young talent. Even more stockpiled who havent even played yet. I still cant believe they just took Grabner and Hickey for FREE. Whatever problems they had drafting and trading before, they sure have made up for now.

Nabokov was also a waiver pick up too. :towel:

I have become a fan of them, Tavares is awesome.

Though the playoff ratings will be interesting as people still don't care about these teams.

Attendance

Islanders ranked 30 of 30

Blue Jackets ranked 28 of 30

i hope they get in.

I really do, Props to Garth Snow for never taking the easy way out, (Edmonton Oilers style). Every year they pretty much go into the season with no intentions of tanking whatsoever. Long Island is pretty much The Eastern version of Edmonton. No one wants to go there in terms of UFA's. I hope they make it, and Rangers come in 9th. That will be fun to watch.

Their drafting hasn't been as dramatic as the Oilers but if consider having an owner that isn't willing to spend the money needed to ice a very good team a type of tanking.

Reinhart- 4th overall

Strome- 5th overall

Neiderreiter- 5th overall

Tavares- 1st overall

Baily- 9th overall(trades down from 5th)

Okposo- 7th overall

This is the first time in 5 years that they haven't been a lottery team. I don't have a problem with how the Islanders have done things but lets not say they haven't taken the Edmonton route when they're one Tavares away from being a bottom 5 team again.

What I love about how NYI are playing lately is how they manage to find one line that can dominate per game.

Vs Toronto on Thursday Tavares' line chomped them to bits. Today all three forwards on the 2nd line have 2pts. Against florida they got a lot of help from 3rd line players and D.

Archived