Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

"It's up to me to step up and make some of those saves at key moments. I didn't tonight."

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

If not for some contractual obligation, they (players) probably wouldn't say anything at all. I don't really need to hear that he needs to be better. The post game interview is a tradition that is laced with dumb questions that only reveal the obvious.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#32 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,951 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Gillis ran Luo out of town.
Specifically,his managing Lou's contract in a manner in which is unacceptable did and then he let the media push him over the edge.
Gillis.150% Gillis.

#33 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,951 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

You must have missed the Boston series in 2011! Lu was the exact opposite of what yu claim he is in 4 of the 7 games. You need to read some comic books and find a new hero.

The team's support of Schneids tonight reminded me of the Boston Series,ironically enough.
Boston probably has the comic books,though.

#34 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

We wouldn't be in third if it wasn't for Cory he put us on his back for 6 Games.

Again and again I am seeing a double standard from Canucks fans. We wouldn't have made it to game 7 of the finals had Luongo not dragged the team to victory in 3 of the 6 playoff games. Yet, everyone blames him only for the losses. Whenever Schneider has a bad loss fans always refer to one of the following:

-Schneider having a win streak in the past
-Defence/forwards making errors (giveaways etc)
-Team not playing well in front of him

Has the above not happened to Luongo many more times in the past? Yet many fans can't seem to resist from blaming Luongo for our loss in the finals.

Anyways, although I don't think that this comment from Schneider really means much, I am happy he said this instead of what Luongo says after he gets blown out. I believe that one advantage that Schneider has over Luongo is that he handles the media better and doesn't give controversial answers to reporters.

Good luck next game Canucks

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#35 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

I don't understand why people laud Schneider for saying stuff like this. He's always called a "class act" and "great media guy" and "selfless and modest" and "takes responsibility" when he says things like that on the media.

While it's leaps and bounds better than throwing other guys under the bus, and while it may pass once or twice, does it not get irritating to hear that, the 4th, 5th, 6th time? This is not the first time Schneider conceded several goals this season, and I'm not knocking his play, he has been generally excellent, but I'm just at a loss as to how anyone can actually say this guy is such a great "team guy".

That statement, to me, sounds like a politically correct way of saying, "I didn't do my job." It's sugarcoated, and it's a way of lying to the public, about how he f***ed it up tonight by not playing like the elite goaltender that replaced Roberto Luongo.

Once again, this is not a knock on his performance tonight. Everyone's bound to have a bad game once in a while. What I am asking is, does that statement really sound good to you? It honestly is worse than what Luongo says. The guy just states the situation and stops. No self-criticism, no self-blame, no signs of bitter disappointment at his own performance, just a well-rehearsed line that we've heard too many times.

The guy seems to be getting a little egotistical - we saw this near the end of last year when he became impatient with his backup role, as though he had the right to replace Luongo. It's turning into a rant - but do you agree? Does Schneider really deserve to get away with saying things like that?

Edit: Do people know how to read...? How many times do I actually have to say that this isn't about how he played tonight, or how the team played tonight?

Here: THIS IS NOT ABOUT HIS PERFORMANCE OR ANYBODY ELSE'S

To Deb: How so? How is saying that putting the blame on his shoulders? First of all, there's a fault distribution inaccuracy - everyone is assuming Schneider is more or less free of blame and is "taking everyone else's faults". Is this Jesus or something?

Secondly, the statement itself is the weakest and most empty sentence I have ever heard. Nothing could provoke less sympathy for the guy. I personally don't believe he should take more than a bit of the blame, but regardless, people on CDC have this messed up mentality. "I should have stopped those shots" is NOT an acceptable response. And it's not a matter of blaming one's self or not. I am only looking at the statement itself. It is simply an arrogant and empty thing to say.

not even worthy of a :picard:

#36 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

Again and again I am seeing a double standard from Canucks fans. We wouldn't have made it to game 7 of the finals had Luongo not dragged the team to victory in 3 of the 6 playoff games. Yet, everyone blames him only for the losses. Whenever Schneider has a bad loss fans always refer to one of the following:

-Schneider having a win streak in the past
-Defence/forwards making errors (giveaways etc)
-Team not playing well in front of him

Has the above not happened to Luongo many more times in the past? Yet many fans can't seem to resist from blaming Luongo for our loss in the finals.

Anyways, although I don't think that this comment from Schneider really means much, I am happy he said this instead of what Luongo says after he gets blown out. I believe that one advantage that Schneider has over Luongo is that he handles the media better and doesn't give controversial answers to reporters.

Good luck next game Canucks

Lol, advantage by talking to media? Av doesn't care about what thet say to media?

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#37 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Not a big deal what he said. Although I do get the vibe from Schneider he really just plays for himself and cares about his performance and that is it.

Luongo definitely seems more of a team a guy and wants to win for this team and city still and the guys have more fun with him. Just what I think.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#38 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Am I missing something? He took the blame off the players and put it on himself. Even though the loss wasnt on him? What the heck man , seriously I agree with the guy who said this is one of the dumbest posts EVER!! I am literally at a loss for words right now. A player mans up and accepts responsibility and its not even on him yet thats egotistical ?????

Cory is amazing!!!! GO CANUCKS GO

#39 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Not a big deal what he said. Although I do get the vibe from Schneider he really just plays for himself and cares about his performance and that is it.

Luongo definitely seems more of a team a guy and wants to win for this team and city still and the guys have more fun with him. Just what I think.

Can you blame him? Playing under Luongo's shadow all these years, and now he's finally the starter, but at every tiny mistake he makes, everybody starts whispering with Luongo breathing down his neck. Of course he cares about his performance - I would too if I were him.

Luongo, on the other hand, has nothing to lose. He's marked to be shipped out by the season's end, he has had a great career thus far and is proven elite wherever he goes, and the only thing that matters to him now is trying to win the Stanley Cup one last time with the boys he came up with.

Luongo, Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, AV - started from the bottom, now we're here. Presumably, for one last crack all together.

Edited by Dasein, 18 April 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#40 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Lol, advantage by talking to media? Av doesn't care about what thet say to media?

AV doesn't but the fans sure do. Luongo has been ripped in previous years by fans all over the NHL for the controversy his comments stir up. I think it was one of the reasons for him losing his confidence...Luongo played best in Vancouver when all the fans were behind him (which was in his first years as a Canuck)

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#41 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

This thread is discusting

Why do you all blame everything on goaltending?

Making little smart remarks directed at fans of Luo or Schneider is all fun and harmless but this is just lame

You should all be ashamed of yourselves

Look around, goaltending is the strength of our team.

Is fewer than 10 grade a scoring chances caused by unforced errors a game too much to ask?

The root cause of our inconsistent play has been our inconsistent defense, the Vancouver Canucks of the past do not play this sloppy.

Thank you God for both goaltenders or we would be excited about Jones right now.

Edited by Noheart, 18 April 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#42 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I like wat he said, he took blame for mistakes that werent his fault and he took responsibility for a loss that was not at all his fault. Better then wat luongo would have said
Posted Image

#43 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

AV doesn't but the fans sure do. Luongo has been ripped in previous years by fans all over the NHL for the controversy his comments stir up. I think it was one of the reasons for him losing his confidence...Luongo played best in Vancouver when all the fans were behind him (which was in his first years as a Canuck)

Ya exactly, because luongo cant handle the pressure. If he was such an elite goalie he would be able to handle the pressure and play good in big games in a canucks uniform.
Posted Image

#44 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

By the way, where did u get that quote? I dont see the postgame vids yet

#45 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Good that he admits.
Not good that this is not the first time he says something like that.....

#46 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,951 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

"This thread is discusting
Making little smart remarks directed at fans of Luo or Schneider is all fun and harmless but this is just gay." No Heart

No spell check.
No political correctness.
Not good,bud.

#47 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

on cue - dumb goalie and coach remarks

#48 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Man, where's Saniel Dedin? I love that guy. He would have something funny to say.

#49 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Thanks Freud!

:picard:

#50 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

"This thread is discusting
Making little smart remarks directed at fans of Luo or Schneider is all fun and harmless but this is just gay." No Heart

No spell check.
No political correctness.
Not good,bud.

I'm texting with one eye open I fixed the slur but I you get my point this is just so stupid

The last thing we should worry about is the first thing everyone worries about
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#51 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Schneider is just as prone to getting blown out as lu is. Lu had 2 shutouts in the finals and doesn't have a job here. I find it inexcusable that we haven't considered keeping Lu. It's a team game and our team hasn't been up to snuff at times in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#52 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Wow what a useless or waste of time post. I stopped reading it after few sentences.

Edited by Gonz, 18 April 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#53 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

Schneider is just as prone to getting blown out as lu is. Lu had 2 shutouts in the finals and doesn't have a job here. I find it inexcusable that we haven't considered keeping Lu. It's a team game and our team hasn't been up to snuff at times in the playoffs.

People need to look at the big picture. Stop critiquing the goalies. They are both very good goalies. But if you are a knowledgable fan you know that the salary cap is going down. For me, Cory's contract will help the overall team structure going foward.

#54 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

And what's up with "cmpunk" he seems to really hate Schneider.

#55 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

This makes no sense at all.

#56 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,951 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm texting with one eye open I fixed the slur but I you get my point this is just so stupid
The last thing we should worry about is the first thing everyone worries about

Just having some fun with you but 'gay' was always a happy connotation historically speaking.
Cory is the least of the team's worries,I agree.

#57 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,773 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

Nothing wrong with manning up and being accountable. Shows maturity and respect for his teammates.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#58 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

IMO goalies shouldn't need to explain themselves and say sorry after every "bad game"

#59 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Learning from Lu's mistakes and is staying in the media/fans good books.

There's a reason the rest of the team calls him the smartest guy.

Edited by MrsCanuck, 19 April 2013 - 12:43 AM.

Posted Image

#60 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

Schneider is a smart guy. He knows this game wasn't his fault. He's also too smart to throw his team under the bus and create a bit of lockerroom tension right on the eve of the playoffs.

That being said, it's incumbent on the rest of the team, especially the leaders, like the Sedins, Kesler and Bieksa, to relieve Schneider of the weight and the pressure, by shouldering the blame when the blame is theirs. In a nutshell, the polite thing for Schneider to do is tell the media that he should have made more saves and the polite thing for the players to do is tell the media "No, this game's on us. Cory did his part". That's how a functioning team operates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.