The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Practice today

mbal23

I don't mind Lapierre as a third line center. He plays some of his best hockey in the playoffs.

He just needs to work on his faceoffs and he can bring just as much as Malhotra.

What I don't like is the fact that we essentially have a useless fourth line now. Despite Gillis and co constantly harping on the importance of having four lines.

I like what Kassian and Weise bring on the fourth line. Let Kassian just focus on crashing and banging right now. Because I really don't think he's ready for the top 6. The thing that makes that line useless is Ebbett though. He can't win faceoffs, can't play big, is alright defensively, but brings almost nothing offensively cause he can't outmuscle the Sharks players.

At this point I would rather us give Lain or Gaunce a chance and see what we have there. If the fourth line is gonna be useless, at least let these guys get a little bit of experience. Oh and I think Schroeder has gotta be injured. I can't see them keeping him out when we're desperate for offense.

This.

Ebbett will not be the reason we lose or win a series. There's a reason the saying "you best players need to be your best players" has floated around hockey for so long; because it's a truth. Our players were NOT our best players nor even close to being better than San Joses.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Roy Kesler

Raymond Schroeder/Lapierre Hansen

Weise Schroeder/Lapierre Kassian

With Ebbett in the lineup he renders the whole line useless. He has no playmaking ability and he creates no energy. All I see him do is lose faceoffs, gets outmuscled along the boards and has no scoring touch.

AV you dumb@$#

This.

Ebbett will not be the reason we lose or win a series. There's a reason the saying "you best players need to be your best players" has floated around hockey for so long; because it's a truth. Our players were NOT our best players nor even close to being better than San Joses.

Why doesn't everyone get off the fourth line complaining and point the finger where it belongs; Kesler. Sedins, Raymond, Burrows and Roy.

Those guys need to play their best. If they don't, we won't have much of a chance regardless of who's centering our 4th line. Also; the 60 minutes when the game's actually played? Yeah...the coach can't score goals for you either.

Yea but a good fourth line can change the outcome of a game. Just look at the the LA/St.Louis series. That first game was a low scoring tight checking game, and the difference was St.Louis's fourth line pounding the hell out of LA's forwards, and makng them afraid to go for the puck.

This is what you need in the playoffs to have success. Not only do good fourth liners wear down the other teams top players and provide some energy to the rest of the team, they eat up quality minutes and allow the top players to be fresher when they step on the ice.

Do you happen to notice we play our best hockey after one of our players throws a huge hit? It's not a coincidence. Things like that spark the rest of the team.

I'm not a coach, AV prob knows better - but I don't like these changes at all. Canucks top line was the only problem last night - only created 1 scoring chance at evens (even strength). The 3rd line generated the most scoring chances. 2nd line (with Kes on ice) outshot the opposition 9-2. That's pretty darn good considering that hasn't happened since Kes came back early April.

In fact, all 4 Canucks lines had positive corsi last night - meaning each Canucks line had the puck more than their opposing line - also the 1st time I can remember this happening all season. Even the dreaded 4th line held their own last night for the 1st time in a long time.

The problem was AV couldn't get the twins away from Vlasic/Braun last night, and the top line wasn't good enough. 2 good read about last nights game: Link Link2 Not sure why AV didn't match twins against Thorton all night. They dominated him during the reg season.

The problem with switching the lines is Lappy centering the 3rd this season wasn't a good experiment. That line got it's teeth kicked in with scoring chance differential all season. And Sharks have 3 quality centres who can push play. I'd rather see the lines stay the same and AV get twins away from Vlasic.

Yea but a good fourth line can change the outcome of a game. Just look at the the LA/St.Louis series. That first game was a low scoring tight checking game, and the difference was St.Louis's fourth line pounding the hell out of LA's forwards, and makng them afraid to go for the puck.

This is what you need in the playoffs to have success. Not only do good fourth liners wear down the other teams top players and provide some energy to the rest of the team, they eat up quality minutes and allow the top players to be fresher when they step on the ice.

Do you happen to notice we play our best hockey after one of our players throws a huge hit? It's not a coincidence. Things like that spark the rest of the team.

If you want to slot Kesler with Roy I'd do

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows (Sedins play best with Burr)

Higgins - Roy - Kesler (Load up the second line. Roy,Kes, and Higgy have good chemistry)

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen (Showed some good chemistry when Schroeder was up here)

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian (Energy Line)

I'm not a coach, AV prob knows better - but I don't like these changes at all. Canucks top line was the only problem last night - only created 1 scoring chance at evens (even strength). The 3rd line generated the most scoring chances. 2nd line (with Kes on ice) outshot the opposition 9-2. That's pretty darn good considering that hasn't happened since Kes came back early April.

In fact, all 4 Canucks lines had positive corsi last night - meaning each Canucks line had the puck more than their opposing line - also the 1st time I can remember this happening all season. Even the dreaded 4th line held their own last night for the 1st time in a long time.

The problem was AV couldn't get the twins away from Vlasic/Braun last night, and the top line wasn't good enough. 2 good read about last nights game: Link Link2 Not sure why AV didn't match twins against Thorton all night. They dominated him during the reg season.

The problem with switching the lines is Lappy centering the 3rd this season wasn't a good experiment. That line got it's teeth kicked in with scoring chance differential all season. And Sharks have 3 quality centres who can push play. I'd rather see the lines stay the same and AV get twins away from Vlasic.

Archived