The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VID] Have Another Donut

We still took penalties, legitimate ones, obviously. And we still would be down in this series anyways without these ridiculous calls.

It just leaves such a bitter taste when this team has to contend with 6 players and then another 4 refs who are always out to get them.

The one-sidedness of the calls has been extreme. Unwittingly or not, the refs have gifted the Sharks the series so far.

Ive seen incompetent officiating before, but in this series its been extraordinary.

last 3 series the Canucks have played, in fact, have been extraordinarily bad.

What pisses me off is when you call out the refs you're a whinner. If your wrongfully accused of a crime do you just shut up and do the jail time? Just because they are refs doesn't mean they are always right. This is the mentality that has given them so much power leading to inconsistent calls with no consequences throughout the league.

Lots of games around the NHL have me just shake my head at the calls. But this series in particular has been brutal. If you can't see that then you haven't been watching, canucks fan or not. Just accepting injustice doesn't make you tough, it makes you an idiot.

The refs suck at life.

I don't know if they video review their calls at the end of the night but they really should. And if they already do and still make the calls that they do then they should face league discipline for such incompetence. The officials are either unaware of what they are doing by buying the garbage the Sharks are selling, or they are biased in favor of them. Either way it's unprofessional. Players are going to dive and embellish and there's nothing that can be done about that. The officials can deter these things by reviewing their calls at the end of the night to determine where they went wrong and to understand which dweebs (Couture)are deliberately embellishing. The ultimate solution is to put the whistles away or simply call nothing against Team A if Team B is going to continually dive and embellish. Doing this should cut that garbage out real quick.

It's so strange that we so regularly get SCREWED by the refs, and of course then we complain about it, and are known for complaining, but seriously - why does it happen so regularly, especially in the playoffs? The Sedins constantly get mugged, hacked, held, and nothing is called. Our guys touch the other team's star players, and it's directly to the box.

It's SooooooooooooooooOOOooooooo frustrating.

Archived