The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VID] Have Another Donut

WE DON'T SCORE GOALS. End of story. You cry babies are the reason NOONE respects this fanbase or team. Talk to any other fan about it.

Do you think it may be easier to score those goals if we weren't always down a man, and whenever we're not we are playing on eggshells where every slightly aggressive play is called on us?

Thornton has been practicing diving for years now:

8-dallas-stars-dive-1-hockey-dive-gifs.gif

Do you think it may be easier to score those goals if we weren't always down a man, and whenever we're not we are playing on eggshells where every slightly aggressive play is called on us?

Thornton has been practicing diving for years now:

8-dallas-stars-dive-1-hockey-dive-gifs.gif

Great video of crybaby Joe, typical of how he can't even stand on his own. It shows he lacks the testicles to play a mans game.

Anyone who isn't blind can see that this is the same type of game managment the nba has employed for decades.

The sad thing? People, including me, will overlook and forget about it when things go in our way.....

It took a nba ref to come up and tell people they rig games because of higher orders, and people will still choose to forget about that.

I am waiting for the day when we replaces all the refs with highly intelligent and sophisticatic reffing robots. At least they will be consistent and will show no bias.

Sure they will, they will have their programs approved by the NHL board of governors.

I'm on my iPhone and it won't let me view the video, so I can't comment on it, but I can comment on the officiating in this series. What angers me isn't so much one sided officiating or random phantom calls (this still does anger me though!), it's the timing of the calls. Every single game, every single period so far, the Canucks come out, play good, and get penalized within the first two minutes of every period. You try keeping momentum when you're starting EVERY SINGLE PERIOD shorthanded. And they're always extremely questionable calls, and calls which will not get called at a later point. Moreso, it seems that any time the Canucks begin to grab momentum back through hard work, refs arms immediately start flying up for Vancouver penalties, usually again ridiculous calls. This is game management 101 if you ask me. SJ is getting all of the right calls at the right times.

I'd love to hear somebody try to rebut this. There's no denying it. Every period we start short handed based on borderline calls. Every time we string a few good shifts together, we end up short handed on more questionable calls.

I'm on my iPhone and it won't let me view the video, so I can't comment on it, but I can comment on the officiating in this series. What angers me isn't so much one sided officiating or random phantom calls (this still does anger me though!), it's the timing of the calls. Every single game, every single period so far, the Canucks come out, play good, and get penalized within the first two minutes of every period. You try keeping momentum when you're starting EVERY SINGLE PERIOD shorthanded. And they're always extremely questionable calls, and calls which will not get called at a later point. Moreso, it seems that any time the Canucks begin to grab momentum back through hard work, refs arms immediately start flying up for Vancouver penalties, usually again ridiculous calls. This is game management 101 if you ask me. SJ is getting all of the right calls at the right times.

I'd love to hear somebody try to rebut this. There's no denying it. Every period we start short handed based on borderline calls. Every time we string a few good shifts together, we end up short handed on more questionable calls.

I've been ranting this exactly to my friends while watching the game. They are purposely killing any momentum the Canucks gain. This also applies to face offs, icing calls, hand passes etc. whatever they can do to give smaller market teams advantages.

The question I have, and others have brought it up, where is the accountability? Questioning officiating is tantamount to blasphemy in the NHL like the refs are some sort of infallible gods. If the question is ever brought up the response seems to be, "You're crazy go put your tinfoil hat back on." or if you're Ron MacLean "Referees are human beings with flawless objectivity and motives beyond reproach." People will say that we are just trying to make excuses but that is beside the point...poor officiating is poor officiating regardless of the game's result.

this

it's the timing that is insane

at exactly the moment the canucks build any momentum whatsoever, sharks powerplay

obvious game management is obvious game management

Archived