The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks will have interest in Matt Hendricks

Bickell, Stalberg, B. Gordon, Chipchura are also players names that have to be considered to do the things required on a 3rd/4th line.

Bickell and Stalberg are an interesting pair in regards to the fact that the chemistry built up over the past 2-3 seasons. Instant 3rd line if you can add a Hendricks or Gordon or even a Gaunce.

Gaunce would be a great 3rd line center if he looks ready. He has size, so he wouldn't have to be sheltered like Cody was, and has a defensive side to his game that leads to great transition chances.

Higgins Gaunce Hansen would be a great line. Jensen Gaunce Kassian would be a ton of fun, but likely too jittery. But hey, look at what Gallagher and what's his russian face did for Montreal this season playing on the same line.

If Gaunce or Schroeder is our 3rd line center, then we need a shutdown 4th line to take pressure off the top 9. I see the bottom 2 lines getting about the same amount of ice time in very different roles.

Bickell, Stalberg, B. Gordon, Chipchura are also players names that have to be considered to do the things required on a 3rd/4th line.

Bickell and Stalberg are an interesting pair in regards to the fact that the chemistry built up over the past 2-3 seasons. Instant 3rd line if you can add a Hendricks or Gordon or even a Gaunce.

Keep Lapierre for 1M, sign Hendricks for about 2M (Malhotra's money). Then we see this for next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Raymond

Hansen - Hendricks - Higgins

Booth - Lapierre - Weise

Obviously bigger changes will be made, but that's a nice tweak. Can still move virtually any winger in that lineup (except for Daniel and Weise) onto any line.

Alfredsson? Jagr? Selanne?

Your line up confuses me. Raymond won't be resigned, and Booth will almost definitely be bought out or traded for peanuts.

I promise you, the lineup will have at least two of Gaunce, Schroeder, Jensen, Lain, Schneider in the lineup. The team will look a lot different than it did this year.

You do realize part of the lack of scoring was because the Sedins and Kesler can't be deployed to play mostly offense without a Manny type player, right?

Signing someone to fill the hole left by Manny's injury will go a long way toward setting things back to how they were on the 2010/11 team.

Hendricks amassed 25/26 points a few years ago. Last year he go a whopping 9/10 points.... This year the same.

People on here actually peg him as our next 3rd line center to replace Malhotra? Seriously? Why? Because he only took 250+ faceoffs and flukes out a few of them? He got absolutely owned against the rags. He is NOT.... I repeat...NOT a natural center. He takes faceoffs when his natural center(Beagle) gets waived out. This guy has the offensive and defensive skills of Tanner Glass. I truely hope that people arent considering tossing this guy more than 1.3

He doesnt exactly win alot of fights either. A mucker yes, will drop the gloves, yes.

He is a glorified product of a weak UFA crop. Same with Clarkson.... I truely hope a sucker team opens the vault for these 2....long term too.

I would welcome these 2, but not at an inflated price.

Archived