The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Diet soda erodes teeth as much as meth, crack, study finds

I only drink pop when mixing with alcohol, but I always use Diet (if I have the choice) since the lack of sugar reduces the hangover.

Now I have a tough decision to make between my teeth and getting worse hangovers...

My French teacher in Grade 9 was addicted to Diet Coke and she said she drank a 24 of it a day including three before she left the house and one on the way to work. She was obviously batshiat crazy, which was obvious to everyone but her, but that wasn't the craziest thing about her.

She had a 15 inch waist which she tightened in Kelly Bundy-esque belts. Whether the DC was the cause or not was simply speculation. She also used to tell us truly inappropriate things about her relationship with her boyfriend. She had nice teeth though.

I wonder where Mlle. Stillwell is now.

What a dumb story this is. The three people in the story didn't go to the dentist and didn't brush their teeth. Even people who don't drink pop or do drugs would have crappy teeth after not looking after them for 20 years.

Also brushing your teeth too hard for a long period of time also wears down the enamel. You should only brush your teeth for 2 to 5 minutes max, anything over is not good.

I drink pop, but I also drink alot of water. I will continue to drink pop etc. and will continue brushing my teeth atleast twice a day and flossing once, and all will be good.

I can't believe "scientists" get paid for these kinds of stupid studies.

I don't think the issue is necessarily relating to Diet sodas, per the article, its about the acidity. Regular soda is equally acidic. And you are certainly not drinking 2 litres a day. And same goes for wine, juices and everything else acidic. Everything in moderation.

Honestly, the fat broad comment is correct. I've seen em chug down 2L's at a time, thinking that they're doing themselves a favour. But all you're doing is tricking your body into thinking it's getting sugar to burn when it's not. Reaction: Store more fat.

Also seen em go on atkins to lose the weight (at the cost of gaining a bunch of foldy skin), only to give it up and gain more weight than ever. Now you weigh a ton and you have heart problems thanks to the atkins diet. Good job.

There is no shortcut to losing the weight, fat broads.

For anyone that enjoys the occasional soda but wants to avoid the sugar and/or artificial sweeteners, try Zevia. I'm not much of a pop drinker, but I'll pound one of these back every now and then. They're quite tasty and not full of poisonous chemicals.

flavorslarge.jpg

Archived