The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Glenn Healy takes a jab at Luongo?

chrisbanks

Well do not just blame it on the goaltending, you're not going to win if your offense dry's up like that, Luongo was left hanging on several plays where the defense didnt help him and the forwards didn't help the defense

CDC needs to chill out.

Accept that while at times our funky goalie tandem has played great, a bigger sample by Lu, the same funky goalie tandem has played terrible as well including several meltdowns.

IMO Jonathan Quik is the new goalie God. Far and away superior to any goalie right now in the league. He provides airtight, technically sound tending every night in the playoffs.

When

It

Counts.

Now. Is Healy a tool? Yes.

Do the Canucks suck at scoring in the post season? Yes.

But it's time some people 'round here start preparing for a no-Lu team. And accept that the elite title is really only deserved by one goal tender at the moment.

Didn't really answer my question, point is Thomas let more goals in than Lu did against the Bruins. Difference being his team scored for him and they won the series.

And if you don't remember game 7, we got shutout. And Lu only let in 3 goals and it was only 1-0 going into the 2nd and 2-0 going into the 3rd. I don't care what anyone says an NHL team should not get shutout in a game 7 for the damn Stanley cup.

Well do not just blame it on the goaltending, you're not going to win if your offense dry's up like that, Luongo was left hanging on several plays where the defense didnt help him and the forwards didn't help the defense

Please just tell me how Tim Thomas allowed 21 goals to the Lightning in 7 games and they still managed to win the series 4-3. People are saying Lu cost us the cup, how does Boston win a series when their goalie lets in 21 goals, 1 more than Lu let in total against the Bruins.

Yet the Bruins win and Thomas is the best goalie....

The Canucks were beaten to a pulp and yet played well enough to attempt a game 7 miracle.

To me,this implies that Luo played without a full team and a team that conjured up miraculous physical efforts to try to stay in-and win- games.

I saw heroic efforts from the Canucks that Stanley Cup Finals and to me it surpasses '94 because of the extent of the Canucks injuries and the fact the Bruins played a vicious and dirty style of hockey.

I am very happy of their effort and very proud of that team for accomplishing what they did with what they had left.

The Canucks were beaten to a pulp and yet played well enough to attempt a game 7 miracle.

To me,this implies that Luo played without a full team and a team that conjured up miraculous physical efforts to try to stay in-and win- games.

I saw heroic efforts from the Canucks that Stanley Cup Finals and to me it surpasses '94 because of the extent of the Canucks injuries and the fact the Bruins played a vicious and dirty style of hockey.

I am very happy of their effort and very proud of that team for accomplishing what they did with what they had left.

These type of posts, with respect are "ignorant" Why? because they take no account of ANYTHING else that affects the result. They are glib, puerile, soundbites and show a total lack of hockey insight or respect.

Luongo IS a great goalie. His record speaks for itself. I have lost count of the number of games, when we were being shut out he has kept us in the game. As I say above, go watch the first 2 games of the Finals. We should have lost them both......but for Lu.

If you look back at those losses in Boston, the Canucks had their share of chances. However, Thomas was exceptional. It was a case of "which goalie is going to blink first".

Luongo blinked first... to the tune of 8.09 GA.

We got to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals despite the lack of scoring. That bodes well for our goal tending. We could say he kept us in the running...and well Keslers drive and determination as well. Yes he's had off days. What exceptional player doesn't. Coach should have been cognizant of that and acted accordingly to give the team the best chance to win instead of leaving them out to dry.

He is a very good goalie. But he is not yet great. And ya he might have held us in those games and then he turns around and screws us over in boston and av was stupid enough to keep putting him back in. Great goalies don't have 3 breakdowns in the stanley cup finals. Now it wasn't ALL his fault but most of it.

I'm actually not that miffed by his comment.

It is no secret that one of the biggest components of a SC winning team is goaltending. Love Lu - everyone likely knows that - but he's had some moments that were ill timed. Do I blame our losses on him?...absolutely not. The lack of scoring was a big part of that.

But it's a combination of both and had he been lights out every game, which happens when some goaltenders get hot (look at TT and how that impacted things), it may have been closer. We may have been in games that turned around as a result of not letting in multiple goals in a row. You can't dispute that.

The team was dug into big holes at times and the goaltender's job is to prevent that. Even if the team isn't scoring, a goaltender has to do his part to make sure that's evened out. Lu didn't always do that. Having said that, we may not have made it TO the playoffs if it weren't for him, as he did keep us in games we had no business being in at times.

Can't blame Lu, but can't deny that some of the scores obviously didn't reflect well on him (either).

Goaltenders get hot/cold....that is a huge part of winning the SC. So is officiating, injuries, etc. Just wasn't lining up for us. But I took the comment with a grain of salt because goaltending lapses were part of why the wheels flew off for us.

Just another guy spoutin off. But there is a door open for it in this case.

If you look back at those losses in Boston, the Canucks had their share of chances. However, Thomas was exceptional. It was a case of "which goalie is going to blink first".

Luongo blinked first... to the tune of 8.09 GA.

Archived