Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Luongo Interview: Monday, July 8 - 99.3 FM - 7:30 a.m.

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#1 CDeM85

CDeM85

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

POPULAR

Luongo finally speaks! Just a heads up; Tune in tomorrow morning to 99.3 The Fox at 7:30 a.m.

Hopefully we can get get a feel on whether or not he truly wants to play here next season. Discuss..

Edited by CDeM85, 08 July 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#2 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Dammit. I don't think I'll be able to catch the interview.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#3 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hopefully he just tells us what we want to hear.

Luongo should of just waived to go to Toronto

Edited by Joffrey Lupul, 07 July 2013 - 04:35 PM.

ifcoyb.jpg

Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck___________small.pngGM - STHS

NHL: Vancouver&Toronto / MLB: Toronto / NBA: Dallas / NFL: Philadelphia

#4 'Nucks Fan from Montana

'Nucks Fan from Montana

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

If it's Pacific time I might listen in. But if it's Eastern time then I'll probably be asleep.

Edited by 'Nucks Fan from Montana, 07 July 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#5 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Here we go!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm1018201335

1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| small.png EHL GM

#6 kylecanuck

kylecanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

I think the choice of doing his first interview speaks volumes about how he want to look to the fans. Could of went on sports shows and made some cash while he announces to the world what his thoughts are.

This is a good sign in bridging any gap there is between Loungo and fans. I couldn't be happier to hear this:)
The children, wont someone please think of the children!!!

#7 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

I wonder if their actually gonna ask him any real hockey questions or is this purely contractual BCLC stuff.

#8 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

I was thinking it sounded like some sort of skit, until I looked at their Facebook page and found a picture of them with Luo.

https://www.facebook.com/jeffoneilshow

Still don't expect him to say too much, but hopefully they'll post the interview online after it airs so we can all hear it.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#9 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

POPULAR

I'm counting on him to be pretty evasive about the whole situation...they tend to joke around and we won't get much from this I'm sure. He's got a really good rapport with The Fox crew, but it'll be mostly fun and games I think.

Posted Image

#10 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,346 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

If it's Pacific time I might listen in. But if it's Eastern time then I'll probably be asleep.

Considering its a vancouver radio station im pretty sure its pacific

Yeah guys doubt he says a thing about hockey.

Edited by Blackberries, 07 July 2013 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#11 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

I hope he makes us squirm for a little while longer

#12 tribaljohn

tribaljohn

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm counting on him to be pretty evasive about the whole situation...they tend to joke around and we won't get much from this I'm sure. He's got a really good rapport with The Fox crew, but it'll be mostly fun and games I think.

Yup your right about that
Close is not good enough

#13 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Interview will be canceled cause Luongo is the ultimate troll!

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#14 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

Interview will be canceled cause Luongo is the ultimate troll!

That's a bit premature. We have way too many people contending for that title to say Luo has earned it yet!
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#15 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,237 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hopefully he just tells us what we want to hear.

It is Luongo's fault more than Gillis's IMO.

Luongo was the one that wanted the huge contract and Luongo was the one who refused to waive his NTC to join Toronto. He sure screwed that one up.

Get your facts straight. MG made it a huge long contract to lower Luongo cap hit over the years, assuming he'd retire before its up and it'll work out great for the Canucks in terms of cap relief. Totally was common, and if we still had the old CBA it would be fine.

Secondly

Luongo
"I was never approached with a trade to somewhere else and I said no, so uh if that were to happen I would of said yes obviously, but right now uh, you know there was obviously some teams interested, and uh nothing ever materialized to the point where I had to give a decision wheater I was going to waive or not."

http://forum.canucks...ng-and-players/

Edited by hockeyville88, 07 July 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#16 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Considering its a vancouver radio station im pretty sure its pacific

Yeah guys doubt he says a thing about hockey.

That would be like Gillis coming on the radio, right after the Schneider trade, and talking about last Tuesday's episode of "America's Got Talent". This is Luongo's first interview, since the trade that sent shockwaves through the hockey community, and hockey will be the major topic of conversation. How in the world is he going to dance around all the goaltending questions?

I'd take this as a good sign. If he wasn't prepared to talk about the current situation and wasn't prepared to do so in a positive light, he wouldn't be doing this interview.

Edited by nowhereman, 07 July 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

#17 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

I think the choice of doing his first interview speaks volumes about how he want to look to the fans. Could of went on sports shows and made some cash while he announces to the world what his thoughts are.

This is a good sign in bridging any gap there is between Loungo and fans. I couldn't be happier to hear this:)

Agreed.

Edited by nowhereman, 07 July 2013 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Get your facts straight. MG made it a huge long contract to lower Luongo cap hit over the years, assuming he'd retire before its up and it'll work out great for the Canucks in terms of cap relief. Totally was common, and if we still had the old CBA it would be fine.

Secondly

Luongo
"I was never approached with a trade to somewhere else and I said no, so uh if that were to happen I would of said yes obviously, but right now uh, you know there was obviously some teams interested, and uh nothing ever materialized to the point where I had to give a decision wheater I was going to waive or not."

http://forum.canucks...ng-and-players/

Congrats on your terrible post.

Are you 5 years old? No need to insult on an online forum.

And I don't believe Luongo for a second there. Sportsnet reported it. Why didn't he waive? Because he thought he was going to Florida eventually. Here is the article.

Did Roberto Luongo give the thumbs down on a potential trade to the Maple Leafs last summer?
So says Sportsnet’s Doug MacLean, who claims Luongo refused to waive his no-trade at the time in the hopes that a deal was in the works that would have reunited him with the Florida Panthers, the team he broke into the NHL with.
According to MacLean, a tentative off-season deal for Luongo was in place at the time between the Leafs and Canucks.
“Luongo, at that particular time, believed that a deal was going to happen in Florida. He really believed a deal was coming through in Florida,” MacLean said Monday. “He was told by somebody close to the Panthers that a deal was going to happen, they were going to find a way and to be patient. Luongo turned down the deal with the Leafs. He would not waive his no-trade (to join) the Leafs, so the deal was off.”
MacLean claims that, had Luongo known the Florida discussions would not pan out, he would have given the green light to head to the Leafs.
Instead, as of Monday evening, he was still a Vancouver Canuck.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul, 07 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

ifcoyb.jpg

Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck___________small.pngGM - STHS

NHL: Vancouver&Toronto / MLB: Toronto / NBA: Dallas / NFL: Philadelphia

#19 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,346 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

That would be like Gillis coming on the radio, right after the Schneider trade, and talking about last Tuesday's episode of "America's Got Talent". This is Luongo's first interview since the trade that sent shockwaves through the hockey community and hockey will be the major topic of conversation. How in the world is he going to dance around all the goaltending questions?

I'd take this as a good sign. If he wasn't prepared to talk about the current situation and wasn't prepared to do so in a positive light, he wouldn't be doing this interview.

You know he does one of these interviews every year right? For BCLC and the fact its with the local rock station not team 1040 doesnt scream harping on him about hockey.They might ask once, he'll play coy and say something vague and non commital and that will be the end
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#20 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,881 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Well, hope somebody posts the audio as I'll be sound asleep.
Posted Image

#21 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,539 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

Heard his Fox interviews before. Tripe. Fluff. Nothing to be learned. He won't say jack squat. Will say 'uhhhh' a lot though, as he figures out the right ways to dodge questions. Oh, and the Fox interviewer will ask him at least one perplexingly homoerotic question out of the blue.
Posted Image

#22 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,346 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Heard his Fox interviews before. Tripe. Fluff. Nothing to be learned. He won't say jack squat. Will say 'uhhhh' a lot though, as he figures out the right ways to dodge questions. Oh, and the Fox interviewer will ask him at least one perplexingly homoerotic question out of the blue.

Pee in the shower cut uncut etc
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#23 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

It'll be carefully scripted to avoid any hockey talk. NO way they'll put him on the spot and no way he announces his intentions through Fox and prior to his meeting with MG.

#24 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Weird
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#25 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,290 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

Cory Schneider's going to hijack the interview.

Subbancopy.jpg

#26 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

POPULAR

Are you 5 years old? No need to insult on an online forum.

And I don't believe Luongo for a second there. Sportsnet reported it. Why didn't he waive? Because he thought he was going to Florida eventually. Here is the article.

Funny. Lead with an insult while saying don't insult, then taking Doug freakin McLean's OPINION!!!! Over Luongo's own public statement, to which Gillis never countered or denied.

Yep. You DO belong on CDC.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#27 WiseOne

WiseOne

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Sorry to be a downer on this, however I am pretty sure this is to discuss his upcoming poker tournament. In fact, a few sites have reported that Luongo has already told the Fox crew that he will not be discussing hockey. Obviously I could be wrong so I hope to hear from the folks who tune in. I won't be tuning in as I fear it will be strictly poker talk.

Edited by WiseOne, 07 July 2013 - 05:14 PM.

Posted Image 

#28 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Luongo finally speaks! Just a heads up; Tune in tomorrow morning to 99.3 The Fox at 7:30 a.m.

Hopefully we can get get a feel on whether or not he truly wants to play here next season. Discuss..

Luongo’s silence not a good sign for Canucks

July 5, 2013. 11:24 am • Section: Puckworld, STAFF

Roberto Luongo is heading to Las Vegas this weekend to play in the World Series of Poker Main Event tournament, where he will represent the B.C. Lottery Corp.’s PlayNow.com brand.
Normally, Luongo would do some interviews to help promote PlayNow.com before sitting down to play in the $10,000 buy-in Texas hold ‘em event.
But Luongo is refusing to do live interviews to promote his appearance and for the Vancouver Canucks, that is not a good sign. Clearly, Luongo knows he would be asked hockey questions in any interview and his refusal to talk suggests he still isn’t ready to say he’s okay with coming back to Vancouver to be the Canucks’ No. 1 goalie.
Luongo has even cancelled a scheduled interview with the morning show on 99.3 The Fox, which is a longtime PlayNow.com sponsor.
Instead, BCLC will take “poker” questions on Twitter to Luongo, who will then provide a video-taped reply.
Chances are, any questions along the lines of ‘how do you feel about that Schneider trade to New Jersey’ won’t be answered.

#29 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,346 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Luongo’s silence not a good sign for Canucks

July 5, 2013. 11:24 am &bull; Section: Puckworld, STAFF

Roberto Luongo is heading to Las Vegas this weekend to play in the World Series of Poker Main Event tournament, where he will represent the B.C. Lottery Corp.’s PlayNow.com brand.
Normally, Luongo would do some interviews to help promote PlayNow.com before sitting down to play in the $10,000 buy-in Texas hold ‘em event.
But Luongo is refusing to do live interviews to promote his appearance and for the Vancouver Canucks, that is not a good sign. Clearly, Luongo knows he would be asked hockey questions in any interview and his refusal to talk suggests he still isn’t ready to say he’s okay with coming back to Vancouver to be the Canucks’ No. 1 goalie.
Luongo has even cancelled a scheduled interview with the morning show on 99.3 The Fox, which is a longtime PlayNow.com sponsor.
Instead, BCLC will take “poker” questions on Twitter to Luongo, who will then provide a video-taped reply.
Chances are, any questions along the lines of ‘how do you feel about that Schneider trade to New Jersey’ won’t be answered.

That was last week it was rescheduled.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#30 shadowscyne

shadowscyne

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

pretty sure he cancelled the interview heard on 980
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.