The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Unsigned Prospect Camp Invitee Do You Want The Canucks To Sign

Southpop45

Please name the player(s) you want the canucks to sign the most and state the reason why.

For me, Miks Indrasis and Ronalds Kenins are two guys i really hope the canucks sign. They are only

21 years, the both have decent size 6'3" and 6'0", and both have put up good numbers playing

against men in the european leagues.

Pretty much what's already been said - Kenins really impressed me. I only watched maybe the last third of the game so I can't attest as well to the skills of Indrasis or Sylvester, but by all accounts they were very good. But in the time that I watched, Kenins stood out the most to me out of all the invitees.

Also, he's an apparent fan of Durl Dixsun:

Ronalds Kenins@Ronaldskenins 11 Jan

@Laimmichka HELLO MY DURLING :)))))

One of the reasons I think Kenins stood out was he played with Gaunce. Man, that guy impresses me, he is totally unselfish and seems to read the plays like a veteran. The Greens could have used someone like him on their line as they all looked to take the spotlight by playing like individuals.

One of the reasons I think Kenins stood out was he played with Gaunce. Man, that guy impresses me, he is totally unselfish and seems to read the plays like a veteran. The Greens could have used someone like him on their line as they all looked to take the spotlight by playing like individuals.

Cody Sylvester – Centre

5’11″ – 191 lbs – April 13, 1992

Kelowna, BC

Calgary Hitmen

Sylvester is well-loved in Calgary, where he played five full seasons with the Hitmen. His contributions on and off the ice even led to calls for the team to retire his number at the conclusion of the season. He was described as the heart and soul of the Hitmen and an outstanding leader. He even won the WHL Humanitarian of the Year Award for 2012-13 for his charitable work in the community, starting the Chance To Play program to raise money to help underprivileged youth afford to play hockey.

All of that is fine and dandy, but Sylvester wasn’t just a good person: he was an offensive star in his over-age season after strong production in his previous years. Promoted to captain, Sylvester led the Hitmen with 41 goals and 90 points in 68 games. That was good enough for tenth in the WHL. It’s hard to ignore that kind of production, even from a slightly undersized over-ager.

He is repeatedly described as a hard worker and a coach’s dream, who leads by example and earns the respect of his teammates. Combine that with his skill level and you have a player that would be a nice addition to a prospect pool.

His number that some were calling to be retired, incidentally, was 16, a number that may hold some special significance for a BC boy like Sylvester.

spacer.gif

Taken from the passit to bulis article http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/07/13/2013-canucks-development-camp-invitees-forwards-part-two/

Sounds like a great guy aswell as a great player.

Archived