The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Olympics] OFFICIAL TEAM CANADA 2014 (everything related here please)

I actually wouldn't be adverse to giving Eberle a shot.

He's a righty, with soft hands and although not quite as fast as Stamkos, he can keep up with guys like Perry, Benn or Carter.

He also has a penchant for scoring huge goals in International competitions....

This is true. He's having a rough year so far though. Maybe it's just the team he plays for.

Seguin and Benn making the Canadian team would be sick, the chemistry is undenieable. we also got Crosby and Kunitz.

I don't think Kunitz should make the team, let alone play top line minutes, just because he's the wingmam for the best player in the world. Benn and Seguin would be obvious choices.

Lucic - Crosby - St. Louis

Nash - Toews - Tavares

E. Staal - Bergeron - Getzlaf

Benn - Seguin - Perry

Marleau, Duchene

I think it would be a decent idea to have a guy like Lucic protecting a couple small guys in Crosby and St. Louis, since players would think twice about taking runs at them. Just my opinion.

http://www.onesecondleft.com/2013/11/14/team-canada-mens-hockey-team-2014/ Its so tough this year, especially now with injuries

I completely forgot about the chemistry Crosby and Bergeron had. I don't think Duchene will be in the top 12 but will definetly be an extra forward, going with that line up I would put Tavares on Crosby's left wing, and have Seguin play with Benn and Toews on the second line.

I completely forgot about the chemistry Crosby and Bergeron had. I don't think Duchene will be in the top 12 but will definetly be an extra forward, going with that line up I would put Tavares on Crosby's left wing, and have Seguin play with Benn and Toews on the second line.

Duchene > Seguin in my opinion

and I do not want Benn on the second line lol , theres just better choices

Sorry if this was answered somewhere in this massive thread. I was originally going boycott the olympics cause of the gay right stuff but my love for hockey and canada comes first so I decided to watch the hockey. Anyways I know this thread is specifically for canadas team and its nice to see luongo is still in the running...but it got me wondering about Kesler. Does anyone know if he was invited to the american team tryout? Sorry if is weird to ask but kes is my fav player and it would be weird if he wasn't at the olymplics. Also of course I am cheering for team canada but like to still see as many canucks there as possible. I assume the sedins are going... And lastly will I lose all respect from other canuck fans if I got a toews team canada jersey! I actually really like toews but obviously hate him when he's a blackhawk!

Sorry if this was answered somewhere in this massive thread. I was originally going boycott the olympics cause of the gay right stuff but my love for hockey and canada comes first so I decided to watch the hockey. Anyways I know this thread is specifically for canadas team and its nice to see luongo is still in the running...but it got me wondering about Kesler. Does anyone know if he was invited to the american team tryout? Sorry if is weird to ask but kes is my fav player and it would be weird if he wasn't at the olymplics. Also of course I am cheering for team canada but like to still see as many canucks there as possible. I assume the sedins are going... And lastly will I lose all respect from other canuck fans if I got a toews team canada jersey! I actually really like toews but obviously hate him when he's a blackhawk!

Agreed. Last year rooting for the Blackhawks after we lost was fun. They are actually a great team to watch.

(Sorry I can't quote on my cell) I still didn't cheer for them I actually pretended the finals last year didn't happen.I hate both those teams so much but I would be lying if I said I didn't respect certain players who play for chicago and to be honest if toews played for any other team he would probably be my favorite non canuck player. Sighs. So the olympics I really get to cheer for him and not feel guilty lol

(Sorry I can't quote on my cell) I still didn't cheer for them I actually pretended the finals last year didn't happen.I hate both those teams so much but I would be lying if I said I didn't respect certain players who play for chicago and to be honest if toews played for any other team he would probably be my favorite non canuck player. Sighs. So the olympics I really get to cheer for him and not feel guilty lol

Did that in 2012

With a month away before teams announce their roster, I think I will give my final assessment on how Team Canada should look like.

Forwards:

Line 1: Nash - Crosby - Neal

I originally had St. Louis and Stamkos on this line, but I really doubt Steven will be ready for the Olympics, and even if he is, won't be 100%. Therefore, he will be left off the team. The smart pick would be to have Kunitz on Sidney's wing, but despite having chemistry, he isn't a prolific scorer as Neal is. Neal does have some chemistry with Crosby, as they do play on the PP together in Pittsburgh.

Line 2: Getzlaf - Tavares - Perry

With Giroux having a terrible start of the season, he basically played himself off the team. Tavares will take his spot as Canada's 2nd line centermen. Simple logic here, put Canada's best playmaker with their two best goal scorers.

Line 3: Sharp - Toews - St. Louis

I see St. Louis eventually making this team, just because Yzerman is the head honcho who puts together this squad and he does watch him play 24/7. Sharp and Toews already play on the same line (at times in Chicago) so the chemistry is there. Plus, they're two of the best 2-way players on the team.

Line 4: Ladd - Bergeron - Richards

The shutdown line for Team Canada. Bergeron and Richards did a fantastic job in 2010, shutting down the other countries. I think Ladd has a great chance of making on Team Canada, possibly the most underrated player around the league. This guy is a younger version of Brendan Morrow, he can score clutch goals, dish out hits, and he can skate pretty well for a big man.

Extra: Duchene, Benn

Defensemen:

D1: Keith - Seabrook

Pretty self explanatory. They are the backbone of the Stanley Cup champs.

D2: Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo

I'd admit, I wasn't too thrilled when people were pegging Bouwmeester on their Team Canada roster, just because he plays with Pietrangelo. All I can think of is how awful he was on the big ice surface back in 2006, in Turin. But, I can't omit him on this team, because he has been playing so well in St. Louis with Pietrangelo. I hope he can prove me wrong.

D3: Weber - Doughty

Pairing Doughty with Weber, will allow Doughty to play his game, jumping into the rushes and creating scoring chances. He plays the same style as Subban, but I feel Doughty is the better skater out of the two, so he could skate back , backcheck, and stop the odd-man rushes the out way.

Extra: Subban

Goalies:

Starting Goalie: Luongo

All you Luongo haters turn away, it's his job to lose. I think that they will eventually split time during the round robins, but when it matters, they will turn to Luongo first, since he has the experience.

Backup: Price

I think Price is Canada's best goalie out there, but that doesn't mean he's going to be the starting goalie. All I can say is, backups always steal the spotlight. So, Luongo better be on his game.

3rd String: Crawford

Reigning Stanley Cup goalie, so we know he can play well in front of a elite team.

Yes. He'll be a lock.

As for TC, doesn't matter what happens, people are going to be upset. I think the two vets on the team should be MSL and Patrick Sharp. Nash/Thornton/Marleau don't make my cuts. A lot hinges on whether Stamkos makes it back. There are also going to be a lot of Centres playing the wing.

Stamkos Crobsy MSL

Perry Tavares Getzlaf

Sharp Toews Couture

Benn Bergeron Richards

Duchene

Brodeur says Luongo should be #1 Goalie for Team Canada!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=438088

The future Hall of Famer told TSN's sister station in Quebec RDS on Monday that while Luongo and Montreal Canadiens netminder Carey Pricehave been the country's top two candidates, the Vancouver Canucks' goaltender should get the edge for the starting job.

"(Price) and Roberto Luongo are the two strongest candidates since the beginning of the year," Brodeur told RDS after the Devils' 3-2 loss to Montreal. "In my book, the No. 1 goaltending spot belongs toRoberto Luongo.

Archived