The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Kassian fit?

BlueLemming

Sedin - Kesler -Burrows

Booth - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

And then I would play the Sedins with Burr on the first unit PP. Also Booth and Higgins might change places, if Booth is not panning out.

I wouldn't opposed to splitting up the twins every once in a while either, it would certainly spread the talent around. Just give them powerplay time together and I'm sure they would do well. It's not as if it hasn't been proven that they can have success without each other.

If they're slumping? Sure. Otherwise, them together is a "greater than the sum of it's parts" thing. I don't think you split them up "just because".

They have arguably the best chemistry two NHL players have ever had. Splitting that under normal circumstances makes pretty much zero sense IMO.

Guest Pinchin

Well if it makes you feel warmer and fuzzier Booth and Bur could easily swap spots.

Sedin, Sedin, Kassian

Burrows, Schroeder, Kesler

Booth, Gaunce/Richardson, Hansen

I put Booth on the 2nd as I think it fits his strengths better and Bur is an EXCEEDINGLY good checker and can put up points in damn near any role (including playing on the third). But that certainly could work as well, especially if Booth struggles.

Hank 2010-2011 25GP 22 Pts -11 +/-

Dank 2010-2011 25GP 20 Pts - 9 +/-

Hank 2011-2012 GP5 2G 3A 5pts 0 +/-

Dank 2011-2012 2GP 2A 2pts 0 +/-

Hank 2012-2013 4GP 3A 3pts 0 +/-

Dank 2012-2013 4GP 3A 3pts -2 +/-

Not exactly all-star statistics....

Henrik is -15 in the play-offs

Daniel is -11 in the play-offs

People don't think it be like it is... But it do.

Look, I love the Sedins, I hate when people call them "The sisters, or soft"

But the fact is, in the play-offs... They don't do what they are suppose to do... They don't put the team on their back and take over a series. A team leader does not allow more goals in the net when he's on the ice than he's scoring. He wins games... He scores the clutch goals, he throws the gloves down and stands up for his team, and he sure as hell doesn't take 5-6 unanswered punches to the face.

What, like cup winning captain Jonathan Toews who had 0.61PPG this year?

The twins are here to get points, not throw down gloves. That's not their job, we have guys whose job that is. Do you think Chicago fans are complaining because Kane doesn't throw down his gloves? No because they understand he's a skilled player whose role is to get points/score goals, not be a bruiser.

Again, 1PPG in the playoffs.

The twins are doing their jobs just fine. It's the lack of secondary scoring, line depth and poor defensive coverage that's killed us the last couple years, not the twins.

THEY ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

Put it to you this way, Bryan Bickell and Kassassin are basically the same person, both are big guys who shadow their respective team's star players. If a guy like Bickell who is a defensive liability with a sub par skill set can be successful playing with guys like Toews and Kane. Then a young guy like kassian who has soft hands, and a good skill set will PROSPER while playing with the sedins

Couldn't have said it better myself. Did Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, Dionne or any of the legendary skill players of old drop their gloves? No, someone else on the team made sure they didn't have to. It isn't the Sedins fault management or coaching haven't fixed this glaring weakness. Hopefully Kassian is the guy because if he isn't, there isn't anyone else yet.

Archived