The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pedo gets whats coming

Blue90

This thread is the reason I think it's a joke when people here act like they are so much more civilized than places without democracy and a judicial system

Which antiquated execution method would you prefer if the father wasn't a vigilante? Public beheading? Stoning to death? Lynching?

Are you thinking logically and impartially as you're spewing this bs like a fair court is supposed to or are you clouded by emotions?

Do progressiveness a favour and move to Saudi Arabia or Texas.

according to some here yes, he should and offer the sick pedo rapist one too. he could also show him some sample bedding for his new bed in his cell where he will comfortably live the next 20 yrs on tax payer money....

AFTER RAPING AND DESTROYING A DEFENSLESS 5 YR OLD GIRL'S LIFE.

yes lets have compassion for this man, he is troubled.

you know who is troubled? a person who thinks we need to be 'nice' to an evil fack like that...

He probably didn't intend on killing him, he was just in a state of rage to make sure his daughter would be safe from the rapist.

In the process, he may have bashed the guy's skull a couple times. And the article does say he made the 911 call when the rapist was "dying", so he did restrain himself after incapacitating the rapist. But it's not like he's a pro crime fighter who is skilled at knocking people unconscious. He probably grabbed the 2x4 on the ground and swung at his head.

I wouldn't be cheering for blood so much if rapists were actually properly punished and steps were taken to prevent them from reoffending. Should be a minimum of 25 years in prison with no chance of parole and the biggest, horniest cellmate possible, in addition to surgical castration.

While I think Hodor is out to lunch on this one all this "deserved to die" crap isn't any better. In fact it's worse.

This man caught somebody raping his daughter and he reacted. Unless you've been in that situation you can't really judge what the proper reaction would/should be. He beat the man without intent he beat the guy in the head and neck and that man died from that beating. The father called 911 and did not want this man to die but because of his reaction to seeing him rape his daughter that's what happened.

He gets to live with two things now. There's a good chance he never forgives himself for not being able to protect his daughter and killing (not murder) another human being. That's awful and in the same situation I can't say I would have done anything differently. Maybe before I was a parent and I was just a know-it-all windbag university student I would have said that this was wrong and that murder is murder and two wrongs don't make a right and every other stupid thought that passed through my brain. Now, I feel bad that a man died, I feel bad that a little girl was raped and I feel bad that another man will live with both of those things on his hands even though that's only half true. I can't say for sure but I don't see my reaction being any different in that situation except that I don't know that I would have the balls or the fortitude to call 911 and try to save his life.

Justice wasn't served but it wouldn't have been if the cops came and arrested Jesus either.

Guest Gumballthechewy

When you're a parent and your child screams in terror or pain, you kick into gear. You react, you don't rationalize. Your first instinct is to stop whatever is hurting them and protect them. He didn't "kill" him as in take a weapon....he beat the crap out of him and likely never intended for him to die.

That child will be traumatized for the rest of her life...her Dad didn't do that.

While I think Hodor is out to lunch on this one all this "deserved to die" crap isn't any better. In fact it's worse.

This man caught somebody raping his daughter and he reacted. Unless you've been in that situation you can't really judge what the proper reaction would/should be. He beat the man without intent he beat the guy in the head and neck and that man died from that beating. The father called 911 and did not want this man to die but because of his reaction to seeing him rape his daughter that's what happened.

He gets to live with two things now. There's a good chance he never forgives himself for not being able to protect his daughter and killing (not murder) another human being. That's awful and in the same situation I can't say I would have done anything differently. Maybe before I was a parent and I was just a know-it-all windbag university student I would have said that this was wrong and that murder is murder and two wrongs don't make a right and every other stupid thought that passed through my brain. Now, I feel bad that a man died, I feel bad that a little girl was raped and I feel bad that another man will live with both of those things on his hands even though that's only half true. I can't say for sure but I don't see my reaction being any different in that situation except that I don't know that I would have the balls or the fortitude to call 911 and try to save his life.

Justice wasn't served but it wouldn't have been if the cops came and arrested Jesus either.

i can't even fathom what I would have done in that situation... I'd like to say I would have called 9-11, but i probably wouldn't have let up until the man was already not moving and then i would have consoled my daughter for a good hour or so before calling anyone. just thinking about it gets me into a very angry mindset.

Yes...having an 8 year old lil girl that I love to pieces, I can honestly feel my blood start to boil just thinking about this happening to her. In no way am I "celebrating the death" of this pedo but it would be hypocritical of me to condemn this father.

Don't have a child yet. Been married nearly ten years now and have 7 nieces and nephews. What the father did was completely understandable. I have been in one fight in my life in grade 8 and lost badly.

However, there have been two instances with my wife where her safety was in question; and like any good husband, my protective, animalistic side kicked in. Did anything happen? No. However, it is understandable why anyone would and should react in a similar manner that this 24 year old father did.

Do two wrongs make a right? No. But the world isn't black and white, there are a ton of grey areas. Although no charges and sentencing will happen to the father, he will be dealing with what he ended up doing (and what he had to do) for years. Most likely seeking counselling.

I don't think there is a right or wrong in this instance. He just did want many people would try to do in the same situation.

Or as Colon D put it, he was just TCB.

Archived