The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proud of our team!

kill_the_avs2

Long time reader rare poster... I live downtown. Some SOBs lit my car on fire when we lost game 7 2011. And still I wait for the next chapter with this team. Point is as a season ticket holder, I haven't seen this kinda hussle and heart in a very long time. Gj Torts and this core isn't done yet... Bet on it.

Excellent post.

Enough of this negative garbage we have to read posted on these pages every single day. Trade Kesler, Trade Sedins, You'll never win anything with Santorelli or Richardson in line up, Bad trades, everyone else is are better, expensive hotdogs and bla bla bla.

Fact is that for the first time in a long time the team plays with a lot of heart and edge and its wonderful to see.

Posts about how we were faring after 10 games, sky is falling and sack everybody including ticket salesmen...

So glad to see you, who's been a member for a long time, tell all these self centred experts with 100.000 posts every week that life is not too bad after all.

Fact is nobody knew, how the team would respond to Torts and the new style of hockey, and it may well still go pear shaped, but for now lets all enjoy the roller coaster. I for one am enjoying the train ride...

And just a little added note... Like or loaded GMMG but what good pick ups Santorelli and Richardson have been... :)

Excellent post.

Enough of this negative garbage we have to read posted on these pages every single day. Trade Kesler, Trade Sedins, You'll never win anything with Santorelli or Richardson in line up, Bad trades, everyone else is are better, expensive hotdogs and bla bla bla.

Fact is that for the first time in a long time the team plays with a lot of heart and edge and its wonderful to see.

Posts about how we were faring after 10 games, sky is falling and sack everybody including ticket salesmen...

So glad to see you, who's been a member for a long time, tell all these self centred experts with 100.000 posts every week that life is not too bad after all.

Fact is nobody knew, how the team would respond to Torts and the new style of hockey, and it may well still go pear shaped, but for now lets all enjoy the roller coaster. I for one am enjoying the train ride...

And just a little added note... Like or loaded GMMG but what good pick ups Santorelli and Richardson have been... :)

Santorelli kinda rhymes with Tambellini.

Long time reader rare poster... I live downtown. Some SOBs lit my car on fire when we lost game 7 2011. And still I wait for the next chapter with this team. Point is as a season ticket holder, I haven't seen this kinda hussle and heart in a very long time. Gj Torts and this core isn't done yet... Bet on it.

Damn right, I posted this on another thread but maybe they should be merged since it was a similar idea...

Amazing what a change of attitude can do. This is a team that is playing with so many injuries but is gutting it out.

Something about Vancouver, I have been a fan for 30 plus years since I was a kid. And this team was never talented when I was growing up but hell they were damn likeable, simply for their heart, drive, effort. We lost a ton but played hard and it was always easy to cheer for the underdog.

Stan Smyl epitomized what it meant to be a Canuck, small, but the heart of a lion, the dude fought Semenko...that's what a Canuck is, was and should be.

Torterella is bringing that back. He is bringing an "I don't care who is on the ice, I don't care if we win, but you better damn well give me everything you got, and if you do, the chips fall where they may" attitude. The team is buying into it and its a virtuous circle. The more we win from effort, the more players realize that's all it takes.

I love that Kesler is finally starting to wake up and find his game, that will only help. I love that we're seeing kids emerge from nowhere (Stanton, Santo, Richardson), I love that our GM is finally calling out players (Booth), I love that the Sedin's just haven't slipped and Hank just keeps on going.

This team is easy to love again, because for the first time since the cup loss, they seem like they CARE again...perhaps its the underdog mentality, Canucks teams have always played better that way vs. being the favorite.

Regardless, for them to have the record they do, with so many injuries, with such a big road trip out of the way, is nothing but great news.

Its nice to see our boys, slowly, slowly starting to find their swagger again. Funny thing is, if they play this hard and still lose in the first round this year, I expect you'll see a very different reaction from both the fans and media, you'll hear the 'damn they gave it all they had' vs. 'where were they'....amazing how the same result can be seen in less negative terms if the effort is there.

Go Canucks Go...

Excellent post.

and Stanton...picking up a solid 5/6 Dman with size, can skate, hits, makes good /simple plays in his own end for NOTHING! I'll give them scouts a tip of the hat for those 3....

St. Louis game was HUGE in my mind. Everyone was picking them to get slaughtered. 5th game in 7 nights, successful road trip thus far, tired, playing with 1/2 an AHL team and a backup in net.

To me that game said a number of things and meant a number of things from the players standpoint.

1. They are buying into the system. And that game just REINFORCED IT BIG TIME. Outwork your opponent, play smart, be hard on the puck and you never know what will happen.

2. Ryan Kesler is slowly getting his swagger back. Those 2 goals were unbelievable. That first shot was a snipe, and no fluke, the second was incredible, he knew exactly what he was doing bodying the puck down and then to shelf? wow...Torts is a genius to put him and the Sedins together.

3. This game will be something they draw on, when things get tough, when they are in the playoffs, they will remember this, that they with 1/2 the talent they normally have beat one of the best teams in the league in their own barn....it was a VERY IMPORTANT team building game...

Great win! loved the effort and loved the effort of our call ups!! they were terrific, no brain farts, smart simple game from all of them and did their job.

OH AND HOW CAN YOU NOT JUST LOOOVE TORTS!!!!!!

from his candid interiews, to his willingess to really compliment his players, and his honesty in saying he needs more...no lies just straight from the heart. Damn I even like watching his reactions when the Sedin's score, alot of times he's smiling and shaking his head like a kid in amazement...

I SAID IT IN THE OFFSEASON, WHEN PEOPLE WERE BARKING ABOUT RUFF....THAT TORTS WAS WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDED, and look how they are responding....its not just about having a new coach and trying to impress (which is normal in the first 10-15 games then you see a drop off). You can see the players are already 'playing for him'...

I'll take a bow :)

This team reminds me of the '82 team, just with more skill .. I have waited 30 years to see this kind of 'heart' again .. so refreshing

As I said above...if they play like this, people in Vancouver won't care so much of wins and losses, because for the most part, most of us (perhaps not the new generation) but those like you and me grew up on really bad hockey but guys giving it everything, smyl, fraser, butcher, lanz, tiger, lupul, etc etc...

It is nice hey, to watch these guys finally start playing with the heart they played with in the 2011 season? that was one hell of a long cup hangover but it seems gone, and imagine when we get 2 of the biggest contributors of that heart back in Burr and Hansen? Wow...

Its really nice to fall back in love with this team....thanks Torts

As I said above...if they play like this, people in Vancouver won't care so much of wins and losses, because for the most part, most of us (perhaps not the new generation) but those like you and me grew up on really bad hockey but guys giving it everything, smyl, fraser, butcher, lanz, tiger, lupul, etc etc...

It is nice hey, to watch these guys finally start playing with the heart they played with in the 2011 season? that was one hell of a long cup hangover but it seems gone, and imagine when we get 2 of the biggest contributors of that heart back in Burr and Hansen? Wow...

Its really nice to fall back in love with this team....thanks Torts

You were way too critical towards Gillis in my July post,"Could Be Worse, Y'know?", which I just bumped. Mustn't let the sunshine/rain over-activate our emotions...

You were way too critical towards Gillis in my July post,"Could Be Worse, Y'know?", which I just bumped. Mustn't let the sunshine/rain over-activate our emotions...

Have I said MG is perfect? I still think he's made alot of TERRIBLE TRADES....He's been great at signings and I never said he hasn't but can\t trade worth a damn, if he could we wouldn't be playing a team with 1/2 ahl'ers

Our depth is atrocious and the only reason we're winning the the effort being put forth as a group bc of Torts (and we are all well aware Torts was Aqua man's call).

MG has alot to prove...and I stand firm on that and will never go back on how ineffective he has been at trades. So please go ahead and put words in my mouth to support your views...I still disagree with you and my posts here have NOTHING to do with my commentary in the past on Gillis...you can twist it anyway you please.

Have I said MG is perfect? I still think he's made alot of TERRIBLE TRADES....He's been great at signings and I never said he hasn't but can\t trade worth a damn, if he could we wouldn't be playing a team with 1/2 ahl'ers

Our depth is atrocious and the only reason we're winning the the effort being put forth as a group bc of Torts (and we are all well aware Torts was Aqua man's call).

MG has alot to prove...and I stand firm on that and will never go back on how ineffective he has been at trades. So please go ahead and put words in my mouth to support your views...I still disagree with you and my posts here have NOTHING to do with my commentary in the past on Gillis...you can twist it anyway you please.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Its easy to pick apart these things when they don't work out. Grabner, Hodgson and imo Torres shouldn't have been traded.

Can't have it both ways. You declare Torts as owners call; yet the moves you dislike(eg:Ballard) are solely Gillis's errors? Then the waiver acquisitions are attributable to pro scouting?! Good Lord man, surely you work in sales!

I looked at your July 6th scathing indictment(post) of MG..it became a 7 page doozie, which was locked. Mate, you really tried to call him out. Ya' oughta send him a Hallmark sweetie card, or something...Nah man, not puttin' words in your mouth-simply looked at some of your summer work. It's inconsistent with today's enthusiasm.

Personally think we should all be more measured/honest/patient with MG. I really like the guy, & think eastern-media did their hatchet-work(& mislead many of us Van fans)...

Archived