The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proud of our team!

kill_the_avs2

Hindsight is always 20/20. Its easy to pick apart these things when they don't work out. Grabner, Hodgson and imo Torres shouldn't have been traded.

Yup and the Booth / Ballard deals were terrible, Hodgson issue was timing and return, Grabner at the time I said Mayray should have gone, Schnieder again timing and value

We traded effectively our three best young players Schnieder, Hodgson, Grabner and another 1st rounder (so 4 first rounders, 3 of whom were developing quite nicely here) FOR WHAT?

If this dufus wants to challenge me on that he's welcome to but it will fall on deaf ears...MG has made atrocious trades.

Can't have it both ways. You declare Torts as owners call; yet the moves you dislike(eg:Ballard) are solely Gillis's errors? Then the waiver acquisitions are attributable to pro scouting?! Good Lord man, surely you work in sales!

I looked at your July 6th scathing indictment(post) of MG..it became a 7 page doozie, which was locked. Mate, you really tried to call him out. Ya' oughta send him a Hallmark sweetie card, or something...Nah man, not puttin' words in your mouth-simply looked at some of your summer work. It's inconsistent with today's enthusiasm.

Personally think we should all be more measured/honest/patient with MG. I really like the guy, & think eastern-media did their hatchet-work(& mislead many of us Van fans)...

stop twisting my words imbecil - and while you're at it 'son'

grow up...you're wrong

1. MG's trades have been atrocious AGAIN I AM REPEATING MYSELF THAT WAS MY POINT

2. He has been good at moneyball signings but that never addressed the major issues on this team.

3. He has traded away 4 first rounders for not equivalent value back, nor has he filled the major holes from trading those young players. (schnieder, hodgson, graber, first in the ballard deal).

4. Patient? he's been here 7 years and made the team worse in terms of depth and skill.

5. Acqua mans call was torts and we all know it, argue away, i'll take what most of the media/sources know over you.

6. Yes the scouts have big hand in signings, they are the guys who watch these guys play and make the suggestions to MG, he is not watching those players constantly. But he did sign them and I did give him credit for that.

so please go on like the simpleton you are being. end of discussion i am well aware of what my points are, as is anyone with a grade 4 level of reading comprehension.

if it makes you feel good to say, 'you said this you said that' even though what you are suggesting isn't what i said, so be it, you can go tell your wife you're a smart smart man because you told some guy he was wrong on a canucks website...

atta boy champ.....end of discussion

Where Kesler was drafted and what a beast he has become. Staying healthy is an issue especially with the extra minutes he will get under torts.

That's my only concern, along with the Sedins and Burr....In the east playing your studs 20-25 per game works because of less travel, in the west it might drain us.

The olympic break won't help us either because those same players will be overseas. My concern is that Torts may over play these guys and they run out of gas come playoff time.

Counter is, they are all elite athletes and I have to think they love being out there alot so....It also sends a message to other players, compete as hard, contribute and you'll get more ice. As torts says 'players make the decisions' not him...

So, hopefully we see our line up healthy soon, a little more balanced ice and a 4th line that can start eating up a few more minutes to take some of the load.

I'd love to see a 4th of

Archibald Richardson Welsh / Weise

That to me looks like an effective 4th group come playoff time.

Archie - 6'3 210, is showing he uses his size, has decent hands, will drop em, and can skate

Richardson - nuff said

Welsh - showing he can play 6'3 210 - same as archie minue the dropping em

Weise - 6'2 210 same as Welsh

that's a good sized 4th line that has shown they can all play defensively responsible

stop twisting my words imbecil - and while you're at it 'son'

grow up...you're wrong

1. MG's trades have been atrocious AGAIN I AM REPEATING MYSELF THAT WAS MY POINT

2. He has been good at moneyball signings but that never addressed the major issues on this team.

3. He has traded away 4 first rounders for not equivalent value back, nor has he filled the major holes from trading those young players. (schnieder, hodgson, graber, first in the ballard deal).

4. Patient? he's been here 7 years and made the team worse in terms of depth and skill.

5. Acqua mans call was torts and we all know it, argue away, i'll take what most of the media/sources know over you.

6. Yes the scouts have big hand in signings, they are the guys who watch these guys play and make the suggestions to MG, he is not watching those players constantly. But he did sign them and I did give him credit for that.

so please go on like the simpleton you are being. end of discussion i am well aware of what my points are, as is anyone with a grade 4 level of reading comprehension.

if it makes you feel good to say, 'you said this you said that' even though what you are suggesting isn't what i said, so be it, you can go tell your wife you're a smart smart man because you told some guy he was wrong on a canucks website...

atta boy champ.....end of discussion

Holy emotional wooden roller-coaster! Take a deep breath there pal, pretty sure we're cheering the same team(he said w/a trace of irony...). Beginning to wonder if you went ballistic/maniac on the OP's car?! WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF....

Cheer up man, t'was a trip by a DEEEEP team...

That's my only concern, along with the Sedins and Burr....In the east playing your studs 20-25 per game works because of less travel, in the west it might drain us.

The olympic break won't help us either because those same players will be overseas. My concern is that Torts may over play these guys and they run out of gas come playoff time.

Counter is, they are all elite athletes and I have to think they love being out there alot so....It also sends a message to other players, compete as hard, contribute and you'll get more ice. As torts says 'players make the decisions' not him...

So, hopefully we see our line up healthy soon, a little more balanced ice and a 4th line that can start eating up a few more minutes to take some of the load.

I'd love to see a 4th of

Archibald Richardson Welsh / Weise

That to me looks like an effective 4th group come playoff time.

Archie - 6'3 210, is showing he uses his size, has decent hands, will drop em, and can skate

Richardson - nuff said

Welsh - showing he can play 6'3 210 - same as archie minue the dropping em

Weise - 6'2 210 same as Welsh

that's a good sized 4th line that has shown they can all play defensively responsible

But Kesler is a BEAST and must get more minutes than anyone. TORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solid win last night. I was very happy with the Santorelli signing as I know his family and he is a hell of a player. I knew a little about Stanton but never expected him to be this good, this quickly.

And My first thought on Torts was that it was a poor choice. So far I am very, very wrong. Kind of love this guy.

You guys should be very proud taking 11 out of a possible 14 points on a long road trip. Winning the last game with 3 Comets in the line up. Great job and be proud!

You guys should be proud as well, since you did give us part of the roster :) Keep producing more great call ups!

You know, it's no coincidence that the year you finally decide to retire the number of the greatest player to ever play for this team is the year they have the best start in recent memory.

The boys are playing for soviet glory and thus the Motherland smiles upon her adoptive sons and grants them her boon.

This new style of play under Torts is fun to watch and it's all about building towards playoff hockey. I feel it's a lot easier to bring in new guys into the lineup under this simple system which is about hustle and instincts than AV's complex system that the Rangers are now having a hard time learning even a month into the season.

You know, it's no coincidence that the year you finally decide to retire the number of the greatest player to ever play for this team is the year they have the best start in recent memory.

The boys are playing for soviet glory and thus the Motherland smiles upon her adoptive sons and grants them her boon.

You are funny....yes?

Pavel Bure greatest soviet player.....yes?

You think this not good team need more russian rockets.....yes?

This team try for "W" every game.....yes?

Why no W in Russian language....eh?

+1 to OP

Go Canucks :towel:

I LOVE threads with this kind of positivity. I completely agree. With Kesler back in form, we are such a more dynamic team. The Sedins are doing their thing, and how about the hustle by the 3rd line and Santorelli!!

Here's something to think about,

Santorelli is 27, and makes $550'000......HE IS ON PACE FOR 60pts and has won more than 1 game for us this year in either overtime, or Shootouts.

Aside from just our increase in hustle, we have wayyy more depth than people give us credit for, and Burrows is coming back!!

Archived