The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

5 hours ago, DJSkingz said:

Give Dying Light a try. I love the game.

Fallout 4, Last of Us, Uncharted series are also good games.

What genres do you enjoy? Might be easier to make suggestions if we know what your likes/dislikes are...

Thanks for following up. I guess that's it...I've not gamed in so long I don't know what would be most enjoyable. All suggestions for best of are appreciated.

16 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Thanks for following up. I guess that's it...I've not gamed in so long I don't know what would be most enjoyable. All suggestions for best of are appreciated.

What games did you used to play and enjoy?

19 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

There are a lot of other really fun games, but those four really stand out for me. 

On 9/22/2017 at 6:24 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

On Atari 2600 I liked Demon Attack the most and Sega Genesis was Earthworm Jim and Sonic Spinball. 

Love Earthworm Jim. Still have my original SNES cartridge. Spinball is a classic; still have that too.

On 9/22/2017 at 3:27 PM, Incursio said:

There are a lot of other really fun games, but those four really stand out for me. 

@Salacious Crumb Do not buy Metal Gear Solid. It's free next month if you get Playstation Plus. With Playstation Plus (the online subscription you buy to play online with the console, although I'm sure you know that now) you get free games every month.

Also, right now inFAMOUS: Second Son is free on Plus if you want to try that. It's one of the launch titles for the PS4 and pretty fun. You're a guy with different elemental powers in a big city.

If you liked games like Demon Hunter, you'll probably love Resogun. It's like a sidescrolling space ship shooter game too.

• Upvote 1

PS + subscription wore off, and I got automatically charged for another month, which I didn't want. Sony wouldn't refund the money, so had to go through paypal to get it back.

The default should NOT be to automatically renew, but instead to give a prompt asking if you'd like to.

Anyway, Sony banned my account as a result. Any idea how to fix this? They're not responding to emails.

9 hours ago, Master Mind said:

PS + subscription wore off, and I got automatically charged for another month, which I didn't want. Sony wouldn't refund the money, so had to go through paypal to get it back.

The default should NOT be to automatically renew, but instead to give a prompt asking if you'd like to.

Anyway, Sony banned my account as a result. Any idea how to fix this? They're not responding to emails.

I have never had an issue with refunds with Sony. Even when my kids accidentaly purchased a couple games they refunded me and let me keep the games. I've also multiple times forgot to switch the auto renew plus off and they've always been great about it.

Disappointed about GT7/GT Sport being multiplayer focused... I thought GT7 and GT Sport were going to be different games.. I don't have time for multiplayer, nor the interest in it. I was really looking forward to playing it since I haven't played the series since GT4 back in the mid 00s..

Tomb Raider anniversary edition is fun. Very similar to TLoU minus zombies and the addition of puzzles. The game play is more open, more "free worldly" too as you can explore and go back to previous locations

17 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Threaten talking to the Better Business Bureau or something. Lol, as a kid my mom used to do that all the time and threaten to go on the news, etc whenever one of our PS2's got the light of death. Because of all the known reports about people's PS2's breaking down, she would argue they are purposely built disposable or something. It happened twice and I got 2 free PS2's and a controller out of it. :lol:

I don't know. I wouldn't go as far as her as that takes some kind of work and mentality but dealing with Sony does, in fact, suck. I remember years ago with one of my PS3's it was $200 to repair my PS3, even though at the time, it was $250 for a new PS3 Slim. That was a no-brainer to just get a new one, since them repairing my PS3 would delete everything anyways. So dumb. I still have that PS3 Slim to this day too.

Edited by DollarAndADream

10 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Disappointed about GT7/GT Sport being multiplayer focused... I thought GT7 and GT Sport were going to be different games.. I don't have time for multiplayer, nor the interest in it. I was really looking forward to playing it since I haven't played the series since GT4 back in the mid 00s..

I was ready to buy GT before I read that. It's a hard pass now.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:19 AM, Master Mind said:

Only thing you can do is pay for it because Sony has a very strict rule about chargebacks from PayPal and it'll always lead to a ban.

I agree with you 100% when it comes to Sony. I hate them as a company. I only have a PS4 for games like Bloodborne.

Edited by Xbox

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, Master Mind said:

The amount of hoops I had to jump through just so they would honor a prepaid card I bought that had the code scratched off makes me believe that you are in for a uphill battle.  Two phone calls, multiple emails and I had to send them 4 pics before it got rectified, and the hag I talked to on the phone couldn't of been a bigger beehatch to boot.  Just glad my username wasn't bigveinydong or something like that lol. 

NBA2k18 Prelude is a free demo to play where you get a headstart on your MYplayer by starting off in college.  NBA2k is probably the best sport series going right now so it's a nice free way to demo it for yourself.

On 10/1/2017 at 10:33 AM, MikeyBoy44 said:

I have never had an issue with refunds with Sony. Even when my kids accidentaly purchased a couple games they refunded me and let me keep the games. I've also multiple times forgot to switch the auto renew plus off and they've always been great about it.

I've never had problems with them until this. I'm pretty sure I went through the same scenario with the ps3, and they didn't give me a hassle.

22 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Threaten talking to the Better Business Bureau or something. Lol, as a kid my mom used to do that all the time and threaten to go on the news, etc whenever one of our PS2's got the light of death. Because of all the known reports about people's PS2's breaking down, she would argue they are purposely built disposable or something. It happened twice and I got 2 free PS2's and a controller out of it. :lol:

I don't know. I wouldn't go as far as her as that takes some kind of work and mentality but dealing with Sony does, in fact, suck. I remember years ago with one of my PS3's it was $200 to repair my PS3, even though at the time, it was $250 for a new PS3 Slim. That was a no-brainer to just get a new one, since them repairing my PS3 would delete everything anyways. So dumb. I still have that PS3 Slim to this day too.

If I had the time and energy, maybe. Sounds like their way of getting more people to buy the slim.

4 hours ago, Xbox said:

Only thing you can do is pay for it because Sony has a very strict rule about chargebacks from PayPal and it'll always lead to a ban.

I agree with you 100% when it comes to Sony. I hate them as a company. I only have a PS4 for games like Bloodborne.

Pay for what, another month? Year? Might be doable, but not the ideal way.

Not sure why they'd be so strict about it, they set themselves up for this kind of scenario.

I don't like any of Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo anymore tbh. The exclusives aren't doing it for me anymore.

35 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

The amount of hoops I had to jump through just so they would honor a prepaid card I bought that had the code scratched off makes me believe that you are in for a uphill battle.  Two phone calls, multiple emails and I had to send them 4 pics before it got rectified, and the hag I talked to on the phone couldn't of been a bigger beehatch to boot.  Just glad my username wasn't bigveinydong or something like that lol. 

They act all customer-friendly, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the norm.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Not sure why they'd be so strict about it, they set themselves up for this kind of scenario.

If your account is hacked and someone bought $100+ plus of stuff, and Sony is aware you were hacked, they still wont refund anything and will ban you for going to PayPal. They've always been like this and it needs to change.

22 minutes ago, Xbox said:

If your account is hacked and someone bought $100+ plus of stuff, and Sony is aware you were hacked, they still wont refund anything and will ban you for going to PayPal. They've always been like this and it needs to change.

Very poor way to treat customers. Doubt they'll change until people start showing them it's unacceptable.

• Upvote 1