The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Princess" Phaneuf

SabreFan1

I enjoy how in the world of sports it's a bragging right to say you drain money and hours upon hours of your life watching grown men play a game poorly year after year. As if there is some kind of personal gain or pleasure from it. (Then again Toronto is the one team that has no problem packing a stadium game after game even when they had a dreadful team while teams like the Sabres can barely do it when they are relevant which makes the bandwagon remark a little odd coming from a Sabres fan about Toronto fans)

Seriously? The Sabres are very regularly in the Top 12 in attendance even in poor years. Last year we were number 9 which places us one spot above Vancouver and only 4 spots below Toronto.

There is only one time in the past of the franchise where the seats were tough to sell and that was quite a number of years ago when then-owner John Rigas was caught embezeling hundreds of millions of dollars from his company so the NHL took over the team so it wouldn't get caught up in legal trouble. People here were almost sure that the league was going to remove the franchise from the city then so tickets were a tough sell. Even when we thought we were going to lose our team we were still in the Top 15 in sales and attendance.

Just don't assume with your bias against Buffalo that somehow we don't go to our own games. Get a clue before you open your mouth next time.

Here's a link if you would like to check year by year attendance for every NHL team: http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

How can you call half of the Leafs fans bandwagoners? They are some of the most passionate fans in the game, outnumber your own fans in your own building, and fill their own building for every single game even when they have been absolutlely awful. You just sound super bitter that your team lost.

John Scott and Frazer McLaren where both thrown from the game to stop things from kicking off and it no doubt would have if they weren't. This isn't some anti-Scott or Buffalo agenda, the refs made the correct decision. Scott's comments tonight once again reminds us that he is a total meat head who doesn't really belong in this game.

Fair enough. Toronto does well in attendance year after year. My point is that it amazes me the vitriol that comes from the fans against their own team, especially when they do bad. Even here in Buffalo with the between period boo'ing and the "Bronx cheering" from the fans since the last half of last year and the first 20 of this year, as a whole we aren't even half as vicious against our team when they aren't doing well.

The actual absolutely obsessed real fans in Toronto are bar none Top 3 in the league. In a Canadian city of 2.5 million it just surprises me what I've heard from many Leafs fans when I've visited the city in years past.

As to filling half of the building, as a Buffalo fan that irks me to no end, but since the actual true blue leafs fans pay out of the nose to buy the tickets that's not surprising. Just selling the Toronto game tickets ends up offsetting the cost of a good number of fan's season ticket books. I can't even imagine how much money some Toronto fans end up shelling out for rinkside seats from Buffalo season ticket holders.

Enlighten me. Why am I messed up? You don't know me, I treat women well. I'm just not a politically correct guy who worries about everything I say. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not a flat out misogynist, but I do think it's funny getting a reaction out of another guy by comparing something or everything about him to a woman. It almost always ticks the other person off if they can't think of a quick comeback. It may be the former jock in me, but it is what it is.

You misspelled "current douche".

You misspelled "current douche".

Funny and a bit clever even though it's quite the Ad hominem attack. If I was such a douche then I wouldn't be making jokes with people and having frank discussions during the thread. I'd just be silly like a lot of people and blow an online gasket. I'm actually a pretty nice guy. People who are very comfortable with themselves usually are.

I know everybody who is not a Sabres fan hates John Scott, but if people don't think the NHL doesn't flat out show it's bias in favor of Toronto, I don't know what else to say to convince them.

I'll set the video up: John Scott goes for a legal open ice hit, then Princess Phaneuf dives to the ice so she doesn't get hit by Scott. McCormick comes in to fight Her Highness, and Scott gets the usual guy or two who grabs him from behind and pulls him to the ice. A weak scrum ensues. When everything is said and done the actual players who fought are assessed their penalties and Scott ends up with a 10 min. major and double minors (he never actually fought, so they couldn't give him a 5 min. major) for 14 min. total which ends his night since there was barely 14 minutes left in the game.

To be honest it ended up helping the Sabres because they ended up with a 2 min. power play and scored a quick goal. Also, it helped that Scott was off the ice so "stuff" didn't hit the fan after he would have gotten out of the penalty box.

Believe it or not, Scott was actually playing a solid game. He was grinding at the boards and checking people off of the puck.

http://www.sportsnet...euf-a-princess/

no fan of Phaneuf, but he didn't bail, his feet came out from under him........though I'm sure he's happy they did.

As to filling half of the building, as a Buffalo fan that irks me to no end, but since the actual true blue leafs fans pay out of the nose to buy the tickets that's not surprising. Just selling the Toronto game tickets ends up offsetting the cost of a good number of fan's season ticket books. I can't even imagine how much money some Toronto fans end up shelling out for rinkside seats from Buffalo season ticket holders.

It always warmed my heart when Pominville, Alfie got booed in their own rinks.

Okay, princess.

Ummm, Others have beat you to the punch with actual thought out clever and funny comebacks. Also, we're on the internet where you can pretty much say anything without fear of repercussions. I don't go all keyboard warrior like a decent percentage of people do.

Archived