The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tickets to the 2014 Winter Classic between the Nucks/Sens

Innovative

It wont sell out. There are too many high priced very bad seats. The Canucks aren't playing that well and there is a good chance it will be an indoor game taking away the novelty. I suspect there will be a lot of last minute discounts.

The lowest priced tickets will likely sell out though, or have already.

Not worth it. Mediocre teams that arent doing very well nor are very exciting, no real rivalry, views will be horrible and the price is the biggest killer. Screw you NHL & Canucks organization!

http://www.news1130....-than-expected/

To sum up the article, tickets start at $93 but you will need to spend at least $177 in order to actually see the play. The most expensive ticket is $313 in the club section.

Older article:

Kingsley Bailey thinks prices will drop closer to March:

Vancouver (NEWS1130) – Pre-sale tickets for the Heritage Classic hockey game in Vancouver are not selling very well, according to one broker.

Kingsley Bailey with Vancouver Ticket doesn’t have hard numbers, but says there are a few reasons people aren’t snatching up the tickets. ”It’s a one-off game but it’s buried with six Heritage Classic games this year. We don’t have the best Canadian team as our opposition and the prices are way too high.”

Bailey thinks you should wait to buy tickets because they are likely to drop in price.

“It’s happened in the past where they have decided to drop tickets, they did it for the playoffs last year, where they dropped them 21 per cent. If they did that for the playoffs last year, I don’t see it being a problem happening for the Heritage Classic,” he explains.

Prices for the open-air game start at $93.00 for the first row seats. Those seats are field-level, where you won’t be able to see much, with the rink at least 50 feet away.

The game is happening at BC Place on Sunday, March 2nd against the Ottawa Senators.

http://www.news1130....ng-well-broker/

all the $93 are gone during presale... i would expect discount will be at the 400 level where tickets are $208 and $177.. i bought 8 tickets during the early presale and all of them are $93 ones... most of the ppl will be watchin the big screen, might as well sit closer to the play..

Should have done it against the leafs. The players hate each other, the management hates each other and the leafs haven't won in 10 years. We should have 4 leaf games a year: our players seem to get really pumped for those games and besides the games against Chicago , the leaf games are always my favorite to watch.

Or should have been

Chicago vs Vancouver (In Chicago would have generated the league much more money compared to current format)

Pittsburgh Vs Washington

Calgary VS Edmonton(Heritage Classic)

Why Ottawa: we have like no recent history with them: unless some 110 year old canuck fan remembers 1915 millionaires.

Should have done it against the leafs. The players hate each other, the management hates each other and the leafs haven't won in 10 years. We should have 4 leaf games a year: our players seem to get really pumped for those games and besides the games against Chicago , the leaf games are always my favorite to watch.

Or should have been

Chicago vs Vancouver (In Chicago would have generated the league much more money compared to current format)

Pittsburgh Vs Washington

Calgary VS Edmonton(Heritage Classic)

Why Ottawa: we have like no recent history with them: unless some 110 year old canuck fan remembers 1915 millionaires.

Chicago-Vancouver would be a hell of an outdoor game. I'd want it in soldier field though not Vancouver.

I sincerely hope that it is 23 degrees out that day so that whoever scheduled that game gets fired. Has anyone in the league head office ever been to the Pacific Northwest in the spring?

Winter Classic my ass. I like that the Canucks are playing in a game, but the city never deserved to host one.

It will sellout, but I wouldn't worry about it happening to quickly. Wait untill January and as others have said, cash grab, er, I mean ticket prices will start to be slashed.

One could surmise they're having a tough time selling tickets considering the fact I've received three "pre-sale opportunities". One of those emails was from Hockey BC (every person who plays or has kid that play hockey got an opportunity) and another was on Twitter (every single person, .450,000, following the Canuck's on twitter) We are clearly beyond pre-sale. I would also guess thousands of the pre-sale tickets were bought by scalpers so there will be even more tickets flooding the market. The Canucks have gouged this town for years and fans have reached their saturation point. The best part is that everyone across North America will be able to see the empty seats in the building.

One could surmise they're having a tough time selling tickets considering the fact I've received three "pre-sale opportunities". One of those emails was from Hockey BC (every person who plays or has kid that play hockey got an opportunity) and another was on Twitter (every single person, .450,000, following the Canuck's on twitter) We are clearly beyond pre-sale. I would also guess thousands of the pre-sale tickets were bought by scalpers so there will be even more tickets flooding the market. The Canucks have gouged this town for years and fans have reached their saturation point. The best part is that everyone across North America will be able to see the empty seats in the building.

Stay away from this game. Let the NHL deal with the embarassment.

I started a topic earlier about why people shouldn't buy tickets to the game as a way to make a statement to the NHL and owners about the lockouts. It has since been deleted. Maybe the Canucks/nhl are a little sensitive on this subject?

Stay away from this game. Let the NHL deal with the embarassment.

I started a topic earlier about why people shouldn't buy tickets to the game as a way to make a statement to the NHL and owners about the lockouts. It has since been deleted. Maybe the Canucks/nhl are a little sensitive on this subject?

Yep, it was a pleasure to see Griffiths trying to do the press conference sale when all you could see in his eyes were dollar signs.

all the $93 are gone during presale... i would expect discount will be at the 400 level where tickets are $208 and $177.. i bought 8 tickets during the early presale and all of them are $93 ones... most of the ppl will be watchin the big screen, might as well sit closer to the play..

The $93 seats cannot see over the boards. Why not just watch it at home on your HDTV? Atmosphere won't be great in BC place.

Exactly.

Remember the NHL "bought" this game from the Canucks, it is not part of any season ticket package. I think the Canucks probably did not want to give up a better opponent like the Habs or Leafs to the NHL because the Canucks can already make money off of those games.

If the Heritage Classic has to be an all Canadian game, then Ottawa is probably at the bottom of the rivalries for Vancouver. I would list the Canadian rivals for the Canucks as: Toronto, Calgary/Edmonton, Montreal, Winnipeg (from the old smythe division), Ottawa.

A game between two of the prairie teams or Montreal vs Ottawa would have been better. Winnipeg just got a new football stadium this year, Ottawa's is in the final stages. Vancouver/Montreal would have generated more excitement. Vancouver/Ottawa is just.. meh.

There are 6 outdoor games this year only two of which sound interesting.

2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic

* Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Detroit Red Wings - Michigan Stadium

Wednesday, Jan. 1, 12:30 p.m. ET -- NBC, CBC, RDS

Coors Light NHL Stadium Series

* Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings - Dodger Stadium

Saturday, Jan. 25, 9:30 p.m. ET -- NBC Sports Network, CBC

* New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils - Yankee Stadium

Sunday, Jan. 26, 12:30 p.m. ET -- NBC, CBC

* New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders - Yankee Stadium

Wednesday, Jan. 29, 7 p.m. ET -- NBC Sports Network

* Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Soldier Field

Saturday, March 1, 8 p.m. ET

2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic

* Ottawa Senators vs. Vancouver Canucks – BC Place

There are 6 outdoor games this year only two of which sound interesting.

2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic

* Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Detroit Red Wings - Michigan Stadium

Wednesday, Jan. 1, 12:30 p.m. ET -- NBC, CBC, RDS

Coors Light NHL Stadium Series

* Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings - Dodger Stadium

Saturday, Jan. 25, 9:30 p.m. ET -- NBC Sports Network, CBC

* New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils - Yankee Stadium

Sunday, Jan. 26, 12:30 p.m. ET -- NBC, CBC

* New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders - Yankee Stadium

Wednesday, Jan. 29, 7 p.m. ET -- NBC Sports Network

* Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Soldier Field

Saturday, March 1, 8 p.m. ET

2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic

* Ottawa Senators vs. Vancouver Canucks – BC Place

Michigan Stadium, Dodger Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Soldier Field, BC Place....

One of these things is not like the other.

Archived