The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overrated Celebrities

Sugar baby watermelon

I think this wins the thread right here. At least as far as celebrities that actually tried their hand at something go (Kardashians are known for what again?)

Back to Cook, when he got big I was hearing all sorts of people talk about him being funny, then I watched one of his routines (spaghetti fingers if anyone's familiar) and I thought he was just a moron. I wonder if people laugh at him for trying rather than at his jokes. Worst comedian I've ever seen.

Just look at the people who watch the show for that.

I pretty much had the same experience when it came to Cook. If you want to see a real comedian, check out Jim Jeffereis, unless you're highly religious. If you're are, ignore that last sentence.

How is this guy even famous?? what does he do that makes him a celebrity??

Steroids.jpg

I actually saw his comedy act in Las Vegas a year ago. We got a huge discount on tickets.I was expecting terrible from seeing a few vids of his college act a decade ago. Lame jokes and prop comedy. But he was actually hilarious. Laugh out loud funny from start to finish. It seems you only get your own theatre in Vegas if your really good and he was really good. Also hes toned the muscles way down, Hes more skinny than muscular now.

Now Dane Cook is bad. Lots of jumping around and long winded build ups with no punch lines. I didnt get it at first. I thought I must be missing something but hes just bad.The build ups always sound like theres gonna be a pay off but no, they just end with nothing. How he can continue with it is amazing as theres nothing there.

No offense to you Nickelback fans out there but come on, a little overrated

Chad-Kroeger1.jpeg

Now how in the hell is Chad Kroeger overrated? This guy receives so much hate, that I haven't even heard of him since the last Nickelback album. I would say that he is highly hated, but not overrated at all.

Also you really want to know something that's actually overrated, the hate for Justin Bieber. I personally don't like him that much but he has some catchy tunes. I get it almost 95% of the male population and about 30% of the female population hates Justin Bieber, now shut up about it. I actually feel bad for him when people post statuses, tweets, or pictures saying, "Give us back 2pac and you can have Justin Bieber" or a new version "Give us back Paul Walker and you can have Justin Bieber." I mean seriously give it a break.

Side note: Yes the Kardashians are the most overrated pieces of trash I have ever seen. The sex tape wasn't even decent, let alone good.

Kroeger is producing Avril Lavignes album... now she is going to sound like Nickelback

It's not like Avril Lavigne is good in the first place. So it doesn't really matter to me. I just don't think when someone is so hated, they can be considered overrated.

The Kardashians are a perfect example as they have a high volume of fans when compared to haters, but the reasoning behind them being popular is not really valid. Which in turn would make them pretty overrated, one could argue that Kanye West is now borderline overrated after his recent antics.

Justin Bieber- No talent

Miley cyrus- ugly as heck

Taylor swift- can't sing

George clooney- can't stand his acting

The kardashians- how r they famous

Brad pitt- imo can't act

Most "new singers today"- it just sucks

Kanye west- over rated

Channing tatum- can't act

Adam levine- can't stand him voice.

Could go on and on, but there's more.

All of them and none of them.

I generally don't pay attention to people I don't give a rats ass about so people like Kanye don't bother me however to say somebody like him is over rated is to say he's not as talented as his popularity suggests. While I'm no fan this is wrong. A guy like Kanye west is incredibly talented. Most of what he does is so carefully calculated so that people will pay attention to it, and most people do. Nickleback is just awful but I don't think they receive much praise so I'm not sure how they can be over rated.

I haven't really seen anybody mentioned in this thread that would really be considered over-rated in a general sense. I'll put Milli Vanilli in 1988 as my pick.

Archived