The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McGrattan hit on Alberts, Suspension Looming?

Okanuck

How many games?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am surprised no one has started this one yet, but what is everyone's thoughts on the hit from McGrattan to Alberts' head?

I was at the game and it was horrible to see in person. As Alberts laid motionless on the ice, it was really worrisome about how Alberts was doing. I think it was Bieksa, he looked really concerned and was waving to the bench for the trainer. No one wants to see that happen to another human being. Calgary fans should be ashamed of themselves for booing. It made me sick to my stomach.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Do you think McGrattan will get a suspension? Will the NHL ignore it because its the Canucks, or will they rule justice was served given the on ice penalties assessed by the Officials?

and go!...

I should also mention good on Sestito for sticking up for the Canucks. He's been doing it all year and has done a great job at it. He's not the most skilled guy but you know if someone is going to pull some cheap stuff against us, he'll be coming in to answer for us. Something we sorely lacked in years past after Rypien (RIP) left us.

McGrattan is a goon in the classic sense, and that he has no human decency or respect for any other player in the league. This guy is a Nazi, and his shenanigans of goonery and sadistic hits must end. The book must be thrown at this guy or he will never learn. 10 to 15 games would be a suitable suspension for this rat.

The guy is clearly an idiot. You look at the guy on tv during the games and he actually does look a little bit crazy, not all there mentally. Anyone else remember the salute to the crowd after fighting Sestito earlier in the year? They really do need to make an example out of players like this. Sadly they will not.

If Kassian got suspended for his reckless stick, then a goon like Mcpylon should get atleast 5 for that. Made no attempt to play the puck and had his arms high even though they're both the same height.

Big props for Sestito though, he stepped up and fought with emotion and exchanged some big shots.

If Kassian got suspended for his reckless stick, then a goon like Mcpylon should get atleast 5 for that. Made no attempt to play the puck and had his arms high even though they're both the same height.

Big props for Sestito though, he stepped up and fought with emotion and exchanged some big shots.

McPylon! ha ha! i love it! I need a sig picture of that! ha ha!!

and yes huge props for Sestito for not wasting any time to come to the aid of his teammate. That was actually pretty heart warming.

You guys are saying we should ban because of the type of player he is. We laughed when Oilers fans said Kassian should be suspended even MORE than what he got because he's sort of a goon.

The play all in all was just careless. He doesn't deserve more than three games, but he doesn't deserve less than a fine because it was careless.

I'm actually curious what the (presumably?) Flames announcer was talking about. "As Alberts' hands came up away from the puck..." What? I have no idea what he's talking about after having watched the video a few times. Maybe he meant McGrattan?

Edit: Okay now I see, Alberts throws his hands up 'away from the puck' after being headshotted. The announcer made it sound as if that was something before the collision and a contributer to why it happened. Not at all. He threw his hands up after being cheap shotted.

I'm actually curious what the (presumably?) Flames announcer was talking about. "As Alberts' hands came up away from the puck..." What? I have no idea what he's talking about after having watched the video a few times. Maybe he meant McGrattan?

The flames announcers here are the worst ones in the league. I have had Centre Ice for a few years and watched probably every team and the Flames ones are just terrible. They literally have no idea what they are talking about. Its embarrassing.

You guys are saying we should ban because of the type of player he is. We laughed when Oilers fans said Kassian should be suspended even MORE than what he got because he's sort of a goon.

The play all in all was just careless. He doesn't deserve more than three games, but he doesn't deserve less than a fine because it was careless.

Beat it.

Edit: in fact, go here:

www.alberta.ca

:picard:

Archived