The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Titanfall

Xbox

Titanfall is supposedly the next big game for multiplayer gamers. It is made by Respawn Entertainment and Published by Electronic Arts. Titanfall has dominated almost every category it has been nominated for, and has already won 75 awards.

It is a multi-player only game that does not feature a campaign. However, there is still a story line based on the multiplayer. The backstory and plot of the game is listed in the 3rd spoiler below.

Respawn and Titanfall were created by Jason West (left recently) and Vince Zampella. They were the master minds behind Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 before having a falling out with Activision.

Titanfall will be released March 11 in North America on PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One

Box Art:

titanfall-cover.jpg

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RobzkEAOnOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiIamHIzBY

16 Minute backstory. Everything you need to know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2eLu_3j0bk

Class information

http://gamerant.com/...iler-spike-vgx/

No Quick Scoping or No Scoping

http://n4g.com/news/...ctive#c-8702543

I'll be updating this thread with more news when it's released. I am getting this game for Xbox 360 and not a lot of info has been released for this platform.

Titanfall is supposedly the next big game for multiplayer gamers. It is made by Respawn Entertainment and Published by Electronic Arts. Titanfall has dominated almost every category it has been nominated for, and has already won 75 awards.

Respawn and Titanfall were created by Jason West (left recently) and Vince Zampella. They were the master minds behind Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 before having a falling out with Activision.

Didn't realize that. Both of those were so far ahead of the other CoD's, I never got the same rush in the others as I did with these 2 games.

That being said, I think Titanfall will either be the savior of FPS' or fall on it's face and be a crappy attempt with some cool visuals. I'll wait and see what the general verdict is before I get sucked in to buying this insanely hyped game

Didn't realize that. Both of those were so far ahead of the other CoD's, I never got the same rush in the others as I did with these 2 games.

That being said, I think Titanfall will either be the savior of FPS' or fall on it's face and be a crappy attempt with some cool visuals. I'll wait and see what the general verdict is before I get sucked in to buying this insanely hyped game

I agree 100%. It looks cool, but I want to wait and try it first. It is EA who is known for rushing games. Also, since it's exclusive to Microsoft consoles, I feel all the hype might just be a marketing tool for the Xbox One and Xbox 360.

On the other hand, we could have a really sick game on our hands as Jason West and Vince Zampella are two of the most talented game developers on the planet.

Seems promising. Glad they already made it a PC game as it allows me to delay any Xbox purchase even longer. But yeah origin and EA are prone to effing up a good thing

Expecting a playable PC port from developers that used to be affiliated with Infinity Ward is just setting yourself up for disapppointment.

As for the game itself, I'm on board. except for one thing. If you're charging 60 dollars for a multiplayer only game it had damn well be revolutionary, because really only half a game should be half the price.

Expecting a playable PC port from developers that used to be affiliated with Infinity Ward is just setting yourself up for disapppointment.

As for the game itself, I'm on board. except for one thing. If you're charging 60 dollars for a multiplayer only game it had damn well be revolutionary, because really only half a game should be half the price.

The game did rack up the E3 awards and the early reviews from those who have played it seem to be pushing it as the best reason to get an Xbox One. That's usually a very strong sign that the concept of the game is very strong. I would imagine the only thing that could hold it back is if it's released prematurely and is very glitchy/buggy.

The price likely won't be a big deal as even if it had a campaign it would still be marketed as a multiplayer game. It's not like COD and Battlefield sell because of the campaign modes the entire debate and call of those games comes from multiplayer. Plus many multiplayer only games that are free or cheaper tend to be have more bugs and often look to bring in money through in game sales.

But still for me I am not preordering but will wait and see how the PC version holds up on release then get it as long as it isn't broken. At this point it's pay $60 for a game that may have some limits from the conversion or $600+ for one game

Can't wait. I've been excited about this game for a while now.

I'm probably not leaving the house for a couple months after this game gets released.

Yeah, I said that about Diablo 3...

I was out and beboppin' the next night.

The only thing I've learned since any game after MW2 is that I am always waiting for a few months after the game is played until I buy it. If people are saying it's crappy, then it's crap. If people are still saying it's good, then it's probably worth a shot. Same thing is going to happen with this game, even though it's done by the same guys who did MW2.

Archived