The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] "Down with the Sickness"

Silfverberg Snipes

His 7 million dollar anchor of a brothers contract pretty much negates that ever happening like ever

Probably should have waited until seasons end before signing them..

They've played their entire career here. Their family lives here. It's impossible for any legitimate team to sign both of them. Gillis had them by the balls..

Some stupid fukktard threw their jersey on the ice. I know things don't look good, but cmon, support your team till the end. Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?!?!?!?! NO!

Totally agree with you 100% (nodding nodding shaking my head)......Wait!!! (pause.....) WTF?!?!?!?!

I disagree, I think that would be a huge mistake.

Think about it, this team (when healthy and on their game) are very close to being contenders.

The problem is we are missing a few pieces that put us over the edge. We are missing Ehrhoff, Salo, Samuelson, and Torres; all of which played big roles on this team and have not been replaced yet.

We have most of the pieces but holes still need to be filled.

Gillis said how important ELC's are to being a contender and look what he did. Next year we will most likely have Horvat and Shinkaruk on this team, both of which will be effective (Maybe even Guance, Fox, Cassels, etc. aswell). We also have the opportunity to sign 1 or more effective players in the off season.

This year isn't the year, that's what we need to accept. All we can do is hope for the best but we most likely will not go very far unless Gillis pulls off something amazing.

Our new window will be in the next 3, IMO that's what Gillis is aiming for.

It's not who is missing that is this team;s problem, it's who it has! Those kids and acquisitions will be great but it doesn't change how Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, Edler, Daniel and most of the vets are playing. Gillis needs to move some of the core and make room for the kids and shake up the chemistry. THis core is not going to get it done.

Archived