The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( Trade proposal) Go young, faster and mean 4th line

So our core is so predictable we need a change time to cut the fat off the leisure club that this organization has become.

Kesler, schroeder and markstrom to isle for their 1st rounder and ryan pulock and martin

Tanev to sabres for blues 1st rounder

Hansen and richardson to jets for a 2nd and a 3rd

Draft dal colle, fleury, mckeown and vrana

Sign kassian, vokoun and cracknell. Buyout booth

Burrows sedin jensen

Sedin horvat kassian

Fox mattias higgins

Lain gaunce martin

Sestito/cracknell

Hamhuis edler

Garrison pulock

Stanton bieska

Corrado

Lack

Vokoun

Rest of prospects can rip it up on chl and for utica

(Da colle, fleury, mckeown, vrana, subban, hutton, fox or shinkaruk, cassels, erickson)

So our core is so predictable we need a change time to cut the fat off the leisure club that this organization has become.

Kesler, schroeder and markstrom to isle for their 1st rounder and ryan pulock and martin

Tanev to sabres for blues 1st rounder

Hansen and richardson to jets for a 2nd and a 3rd

Draft dal colle, fleury, mckeown and vrana

Sign kassian, vokoun and cracknell. Buyout booth

Burrows sedin jensen

Sedin horvat kassian

Fox mattias higgins

Lain gaunce martin

Sestito/cracknell

Hamhuis edler

Garrison pulock

Stanton bieska

Corrado

Lack

Vokoun

Rest of prospects can rip it up on chl and for utica

(Da colle, fleury, mckeown, vrana, subban, hutton, fox or shinkaruk, cassels, erickson)

Not sure that I see this "fat" that is being trimmed off in your proposals. Is your comment meant to be applied to just Booth or does it apply to all the guys you'd move out? In your opinion, is Tanev's contract "fat" that has to be trimmed off the roster? Does he play like he is at a leisure club?

You are also going overboard on your desire to put rookies into the roster. IMO, don't be surprised if guys like Horvat and Gaunce (et al) start the season down on the farm and maybe put in an appearance by December. I suspect that the forward lines will look more like this in October (barring trade/injury):

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Higgins Matthias Hansen

Tostito Richardson (take you pick of guys like Lain, Dalpe etc)

Santorelli

(Booth? - assumes he is not bought out)

regards,

G.

Lol mean 4th line. Lain doesn't scare anybody (at least not yet), Gaunce despite his size, is no where near a mean player (more a Manny type of player).

Fox is a type of player that will need 2-3 years at least in the minor. First of all, because he signed as a undrafted player and prospect liek Gaunce, Jensen, Shink and Horvat will get all the opportunities before he does. Secondly, next year is a big leap for the 20 year old Fox, he'll play against men, not kids anymore.

I'm not against trading Kesler, but how do we get faster by trading Kesler? Dont get me wrong, Horvat Jensen and Shinkaruk a really good prospects, but no where near the speed of Kesler yet.

Not sure that I see this "fat" that is being trimmed off in your proposals. Is your comment meant to be applied to just Booth or does it apply to all the guys you'd move out? In your opinion, is Tanev's contract "fat" that has to be trimmed off the roster? Does he play like he is at a leisure club?

You are also going overboard on your desire to put rookies into the roster. IMO, don't be surprised if guys like Horvat and Gaunce (et al) start the season down on the farm and maybe put in an appearance by December. I suspect that the forward lines will look more like this in October (barring trade/injury):

Horvat is not eligible to play in Utica next year, its either the big club or juniors for him and I can't see them sending him back to junior. I think its time he took the next step.

Islanders would be stacked with kesler tavares and strome at center plus they have a ton of defenesive prospects and pears sabres own blues 1st rounder and sabres arent stacked on d yet but have some decent prospects in zadorov ristolenin. Tanev isnt as good as hes made out not much offense and zero grittyness and hes a young sami salo ( ankle injuiries broken foot hand fingers) made of glass not worth 4 mill in my eyes, id tather have pulock on my team any day but thats me.

If shinkaruk heals up properly hes gonna light it up

Fox will suprise people as well his release is crazy good and he takes key faceoffs in key situations in games

Gaunce is also doing great all these players will be pushing for spots which is awesome

No more no trade clauses. It hadicaps our team even if players took discounts edler is a giveaway machine stuck here for next 4 yrs

Horvat either gets 9 game audition this fall or back to london hes to young to play in utica.

Fox, gaunce, shinkaruk, cassels and hutton and zelewski and (subban) if canucks sign him to elc are all eligible to play for utica or the big show if they play great.

So the 27th ranked Islanders give up this years top 5 pick (lose next year's 1st round pick to the Sabres via the defer) and all they get to show for it is 2 years of a 30-32 year old Ryan Kesler who can't make it through a season healthy and will yet again be stuck on a line with no skilled wingers?

How does Ryan Kesler make that team anymore relevant in the next 2 seasons?

Horvat is not eligible to play in Utica next year, its either the big club or juniors for him and I can't see them sending him back to junior. I think its time he took the next step.

Cool. I still see him being in the juniors then. I think he can still learn a lot.

For the bodies that are here (and once again, this assumes that Kesler doesn't want to be traded and Matthias doesn't get traded) I don't see a great urgency to have Horvat here next season. The team has Sedin, Kesler, Matthias and Richardson signed as what will probably be the starting centers for next season. They also have Schroeder and Dalpe (both RFA's). If Santorelli is re-signed then they become even stronger. And then there's the other guys who are down on the farm, or still in juniors, who just may be a bit further along in their progression..

If Horvat can prove that he is capable of being here next season, more power to him. It then becomes a question of who is no longer here. Does Horvat play in the bottom six, or the top six? Either way, a winger gets shifted out. Who's that going to be?

regards,

G.

Get snow drunk :) Kesler would help islanders hes a great player only way i want him traded if some one over pays for him so ya pulock and their first id be down for that package. Or pellach and the 1st

Think you would have to get Kesler drunk

Archived