The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] New Nintendo hardware to be shown at E3 -UPDATE nintendo denies rumour

avelanch

Nintendo to unveil new hardware at E3 2014 – rumour

Friday, 2nd May 2014 00:25 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Multiple reports suggest Nintendo has new hardware to show off at E3 2014 next month.

nintendo_fusion.jpg

The rumour has turned up independently on at least two different occasions.

IGN cites “multiple people” for claims Nintendo is “absolutely” going to show new hardware.

IGN’s sources include a former Nintendo employee and a third-party informant, apparently, but the site has no idea what kind of hardware reveal is on the cards.

Meanwhile, VideoGamer cites a third-party source for word that new hardware will be on show, along with playable software.

The site pointed to allegedly leaked technical documents outlining a two console system called Fusion DS and Fusion Terminal.

The term hardware could, of course, mean anything from a 3DS or Wii U revision to a new peripheral to a brand new console or portable.

Nintendo does not comment on rumour and speculation, but we’ll know everything as of its E3 livestream on June 10.

now, as to the rumour as to what the hardware might be:

Nintendo is working on a new console and handheld called Fusion DS and Fusion Terminal – massive rumor

Tuesday, 21st January 2014 19:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Here’s a juicy rumor for you to take with a grain of salt today: Nintendo is working on a new console and handheld which will not only contain some decent specs, but will run 3DS and Wii U games. These rumored systems are called Fusion DS and Fusion Terminal. Head below for some extra information.

According to a source close to Nintendo News which it has vetted as being reliable in the past, the system specs handed over contain some “questionable code names” as noted by the site.

Nintendo News states repeatedly to take all of this is an extreme rumor for now, and we agree 100%.

Still, in the off-chance this is slightly true, it’s nice to know Nintendo is working on a truly next-gen system to bring to market.

Again, it cannot be stressed enough that this is a massive rumor, but as Destructiod notes, it still makes for an interesting talking point.

Fusion DS

• CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
  • COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
  • 2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
  • Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
  • Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
  • Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
  • 2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
  • Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
  • 2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
  • Multi-Array Microphone
  • A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
  • 3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
  • NFC Reader
  • 3G Chip with GPS Location
  • Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
  • 16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigabytes)
  • Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
  • SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
  • Mini USB I/O
  • 3300 mAh Li-Ion battery
Fusion Terminal
  • GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
  • CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
  • Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
  • MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAMED KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
  • 802.11 b/g/n Wireless
  • Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
  • 2 USB 3.0
  • 1 Coaxial Cable Input
  • 1 CableCARD Slot
  • 4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads
  • Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot
  • 1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
  • Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
  • Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
  • Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage

if those specs are true, it's not only going to be the most powerful system ever released (thats more power than the xbone and PS4 combined), but also one of the most groundbreaking. The Holographic Versatile Disc is extremely interesting, as Nintendo is on the HSD Forum, and this disc format puts EVERYTHING else to shame, with enough storage for 4K movie possibilities, and up to 10 TB on a single disk (though they would not need that much room right now, so they'd use the cheaper smaller capacity, but still very large versions of the disk).

read more about it here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/holographic-versatile-disc

this would also be one of the most expensive consoles to date if it were to come out, which i cannot see nintendo doing.

I feel that some of the specs may be accurate, but many are completely false or complete exaggerations. and for all we know, the new hardware may just be a new peripheral. i guess we'll find out in just over a month.

wtf.. I JUST bought a WII U.. grr..

Me too...still haven't started playing Zelda or Mario Kart yet...this sh*t can wait another year or two

To the OP's story,

Nintendo will not return to greatness until such time as it starts focusing on games again as opposed to systems. They perfected the wii and wiiu platforms, just work on firgging games already like they did with Nes and SNES and they'll be fine

Wow, had me excited for a minute there with the possibility of playing the vast nintendo library of games on a current gen platform.

I've started to become disillusioned with the PS4/XBone platforms lately and my kids have recently started to go back and play all the classic Wii and Game Cube games. There just seems to be not a heck of a lot of original fun games coming out for these consoles and we've gotten tired of the same old FPS games.

Wow, had me excited for a minute there with the possibility of playing the vast nintendo library of games on a current gen platform.

I've started to become disillusioned with the PS4/XBone platforms lately and my kids have recently started to go back and play all the classic Wii and Game Cube games. There just seems to be not a heck of a lot of original fun games coming out for these consoles and we've gotten tired of the same old FPS games.

Yes this exactly....Nintendo did it right. They made it fun.

They just need to get back to that and all will be well

i'd be really surprised if they announced a new home console, as they are just starting to get the system selling games to come out for the Wii U (SSB, MK8, and Monolithsoft's project X is coming soon too). I CAN see a redesign (no optical drive, DL Games only version for much cheaper) or a new 3DS redesign or completely new handheld.

Nintendo should consider a system like this, the Wii U is not selling well at all (I read that it was selling even more poorly than the Dreamcast back in 1999)

However, it's not the console's power or features that makes it successful. It's the games. Systems with a good lineup of great games tend to sell well (Playstation 2, NES, etc)

Right now, Nintendo is taking a beating in the home console market, they may need to change it up.

Nintendo should consider a system like this, the Wii U is not selling well at all (I read that it was selling even more poorly than the Dreamcast back in 1999)

However, it's not the console's power or features that makes it successful. It's the games. Systems with a good lineup of great games tend to sell well (Playstation 2, NES, etc)

Right now, Nintendo is taking a beating in the home console market, they may need to change it

up.

If they took the Wii U specs, made the controller look like the one in the pic, allowed it to play all my gamecube and Wii games, I'd buy one on launch day.

I've tried that big controller on the Wii U and it just seem so gimicky and awkward to use.

Update: With all the rumors flying around Nintendo has seen a need to respond. There is no new hardware being unveiled at E3, not even a new SKU of the Wii U. A Nintendo representative is quoted as saying, “I can confirm Nintendo is not revealing any hardware at this year’s E3.”

now, as to the rumour as to what the hardware might be:

if those specs are true, it's not only going to be the most powerful system ever released (thats more power than the xbone and PS4 combined), but also one of the most groundbreaking. The Holographic Versatile Disc is extremely interesting, as Nintendo is on the HSD Forum, and this disc format puts EVERYTHING else to shame, with enough storage for 4K movie possibilities, and up to 10 TB on a single disk (though they would not need that much room right now, so they'd use the cheaper smaller capacity, but still very large versions of the disk).

read more about it here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/holographic-versatile-disc

this would also be one of the most expensive consoles to date if it were to come out, which i cannot see nintendo doing.

I feel that some of the specs may be accurate, but many are completely false or complete exaggerations. and for all we know, the new hardware may just be a new peripheral. i guess we'll find out in just over a month.

The rumour is bogus. Nintendo won't have those type of specs for its next gen. console. I mean, you don't need a 10 core processor with 6GB of ram to run a 2D game like Super Mario Bros.

The rumour is bogus. Nintendo won't have those type of specs for its next gen. console. I mean, you don't need a 10 core processor with 6GB of ram to run a 2D game like Super Mario Bros.

fanboys gonna fanboy.

this has been rumored for awhile i doubt they would release a new console so soon after the Wii U

call me a fanboy but there is nothing wrong with the Wii U once Mario Kart and Smash Bros releases sales will pick up and when they bring out Zelda i think next year it will have everything i want out of a Nintendo console

i didn't get it to play third party games it would be nice if it got more support but not going to lose any sleep over my choice on having this console i got it to play Nintendo games i play 3rd party on my PC and have zero interest on these new consoles until Playstation gives me a next gen Ratchet and Clank

NES was unreal but at $500 that's a joke. Maybe this is the best time to sell all of my NES classics for $$$ because they've just been collecting dust. I'm sure a near-mint condition Super Mario Bros. 3 is worth some coin. I also have the first two but probably not as valuable as 3.

For anyone who wants an NES and doesn't want to spend $500

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/nestopia.html

Archived