The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Need A NEW Goal Song

knockoutnazzy1999

Having a wannabe Eminem from a basement countlessly rapping “We are all Canucks” isn’t really ideal. Frankly it is absolutely annoying and doesn’t have the potential to get a sewer rat excited for the game.

Honestly we should just go back to the “Where The Street Has No Name” by U2.

I believe Where The Streets Have No Name by U2 is reserved for playoff usage. Ever since they decided to have a fan vote contest on the opening song..

Rap > Rock

That's nice. Do you have any suggestions? I noticed some of the rock fans have made some.

I believe Where The Streets Have No Name by U2 is reserved for playoff usage. Ever since they decided to have a fan vote contest on the opening song..

Yes, keep where the steets have no name for the playoffs. I would like another (new) song for the reg. season opening.

Not sure if anyone else can get into this but I've always wanted this to be the Canucks intro song. It's "Akuma No Uta" by Boris.

Starts off with a slow and heavy majestic sound, then blows up into a full-on rock out at the end. Best of all, no lyrics for people to whine about.

http://youtu.be/mLfm8ACVDJM

Sorry, don't know how to embed YouTube video

Take a look at what I think are the best goal songs in the league and you see that none of them are songs at all. The object of a goal song is to get 18,000 people all singing the same thing. These are all simple, catchy chants with one word -- Whoa!

Anaheim:

Bruins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C823ropvikA

Flyers:

Black Hawks:

NY Rangers:

My vote for a new goal song would go to one of these two:

or

(Up To the 1:00 mark)

Archived