The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Need A NEW Goal Song

knockoutnazzy1999

Start from 42seconds onward. This would be a good goal song if the fans got into the chant and the security at the Rog actually let people get rowdy for once.

Love that song. Have always thought it would make a good goal song.

The Fratellis made "Chelsea Dagger" too.

Of all the problems to discuss about this team...

It's not like we are limited to the number of problems we can discuss. We already have 5 threads on most of the other problems, so I like this one, it's kinda fresh. Don't fret though, I'm sure 10 new threads on the problems you deem important will put up in the next 24 hours.

I don't really mind Gold on the Ceiling. It's not the most engaging goal song ever, but it's not outright bad.

Goal songs tend to sound better in the arena than on TV, at least from my experiences. Don't care how much flak I get for saying this, but Holiday and Elevation were my definite favourites. Ole was good, too.

Wish they would change the entrance song, though.

Goal Horn: Eiffel 65 - I'm Blue

Chorus @ 0:48. Blue... 'nuff said.

Opening Song: Sum 41 - Fat Lip

Intro @ 0:19, From good Canadian kids, this song was used in NHL 2002 and I still think it's awesome when players hit the ice when the second guitar joins in. I think the chorus is catchy and upbeat, but maybe the lyrics aren't too fitting.

Guns N' Roses' Welcome to the Jungle is always a great introduction, but it's widely used pre faceoff already.

With EDM's popularity these days, and the Swedish contingent on this team, I think Avicii would be great. Ottawa uses Wake Me Up for their goal horn. Great song, but the title ain't the best for this purpose.

Opening - Avicii's You Make Me is catchy, upbeat, and kinda goes along with the theme of "we are all canucks" with the opening lyrics "we are on, one for sure, all united, etc"

Goal Song - Avicii's I could be the one. @ 1:45 or @ 3:31 for more of a buildup.

Going to set these for NHL14 and see if it works...

With EDM's popularity these days, and the Swedish contingent on this team, I think Avicii would be great. Ottawa uses Wake Me Up for their goal horn. Great song, but the title ain't the best for this purpose.

Opening - Avicii's You Make Me is catchy, upbeat, and kinda goes along with the theme of "we are all canucks" with the opening lyrics "we are on, one for sure, all united, etc"

Goal Song - Avicii's I could be the one. @ 1:45 or @ 3:31 for more of a buildup.

Going to set these for NHL14 and see if it works...

don't proliferate this overplayed, over processed, virgin radio garbage "music".

ugh.

INTRO SONG: BLEED IT OUT (instrumental) by LINKIN PARK

No real drop or part where it gets crazy for when they come onto the ice, but the DJ could probs do an edit.

Also, does anyone know the song used at the Heritage Classic when the players were walking onto the ice? It was more of a chant actually.

Opening song - Trevor made it known (and tweets were directed to DJ Dave) that he likes the u2 intro. I could see it coming back.

Goal song - I like "Gold on the Ceiling" but "Holiday" was my favourite. THAT SAID.... Fratellis - Flathead sounds amazing. DJ Dave, get this done! I don't care if we're copying Chicago to an extent, the tune is so catchy

But seriously, we've had "goal song" threads every 3 months. Let's just go with one thread? (no use patronizing the OP because these threads always pop up)

Archived